• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nikon Monarch or Viper Vortex

ISUSteve

Private
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2009
I've narrowed it down to two scopes and would appreciate any feedback on either scope.

The two are:
4-16x44 SF Nikon Monarch
6.5-20X44 Viper Vortex

Price is almost identical. The Viper has been getting rave reviews everywhere and has more internal adjustment than the Nikon. The Nikon has an awesome track record.

I've never compared the two or even ever seen the Viper.

What say you?

The gun is a R700, 308 Win, 20" tube.

Re: Nikon Monarch or Viper Vortex

Don't know anything about the nikon have had a vortex viper for a while now 6.5 to 20 by 50 love it. Used the hell out of it so far and has stood up and thats the main thing to me great glass for the price. So impressed preordered a vortex pst to replace my leupy mark4 which I'm less than impressed with. SWFA gave me a hell of a trade in deal!!!

You can't go wrong with the Viper! Vortex is a great company to deal with and the Viper is a great scope!!

I have both of the mentioned scopes, I would pick the vortex first every time. I like the knobs on the Vortex, and you simply can't beat the customer service/warrenty that is if you ever need it.

A fellow member told me that both of these scopes would get the job done in the $800-$900 dollar range.The guy is the best shooter I know.

I have the Monarch as i stated before to you. I know it's tried and true. Has worked for me without any HICCUPS, but my next scope purchase will be a Vortex Viper for my wifes .260.

Thanks guys, I'll go with the Vortex.

They have them at their website now for $399. Can't beat that.

I looked at those 2 a few weeks ago, and ended up going Monarch because I didnt want to limit myself to a 6.5x minimum power. The 4-16x is more versatile to me.

The glass on the Monarch is hella bright and is just as good as a 3200, or 4200 Bushnell. Im more than happy with mine.

Also I decided I'd wait for the PST Models.

They have a 4-16x-50 PST Model which comes in their custom reticles.

Also they have a 6-24 power scope which gives you more range than the one you are looking at. Plus you can also get the 6-24x with FFP, which I think is ideal/mandatory for a high power scope.