• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes nikon warranty?

jinxx4ever

Just Cruising
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 26, 2013
    Nebraska
    i tried searching for an answer on here but couldn't find anything. Is Nikon servicing any scopes returned for warranty? i did a google and seems newer scopes have to have a receipt, i have a p223 i've owned at least 8 years or more. NO receipt, is it even worth sending in? thanks for any help

Last I heard they were out of the scope business

No point in buying Nikon since they now only carry a 7 year warranty on their stuff currently being sold and only with proof of purchase receipt for the original owners.

No point in buying Nikon since they now only carry a 7 year warranty on their stuff currently being sold and only with proof of purchase receipt for the original owners.

Not sure why you're bumping all these old threads, but before anyone gets confused:

Nikon Will No Longer Make Riflescopes​

The company will continue its binocular, rangefinder, and spotting scope lines, but it’s abandoning the riflescope market

BY ANDREW MCKEAN | PUBLISHED JAN 20, 2020 2:57 PM EST

Dealers are still currently selling Nikon Binoculars and scopes everywhere business as usual and I bet hardly anyone actually knows this helpful fact you just posted and still assume they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty.

• Wow
    Reactions: CSTactical
    i had one with lifetime warranty go bad a couple years ago. No longer could service and no stock left. They offered store credit for something else they sell. I said I needed a scope for the empty space on the rifle. They ended up sending me a check. Cannot remember if they sent it for the price I paid or just msrp. It was one of the old 1-4 monarchs that I really liked. But I was able to almost buy a discounted vortex pst 2 1-6 for what the gave so ended up working out. But do miss that scope as it was simple and light.

Reactions: Scopeye
    Nikon went woke, and turned into a bunch of bitches. They also donated heavily to anti-gun candidates and organizations. Smart move for a company that makes hunting/sport optics... 🙄 Wasn't a surprise when they stopped making weapon mounted optics. Get woke, go broke.

I have a Nikon Monarch 5 on a hunting rifle that's developed some specks of dust in the view. Still works fine, but I've been thinking about checking with Nikon on warranty coverage for a while. Maybe I'll give it a try, pretty sure it's over 7 years old though.

I have a Nikon Monarch 5 on a hunting rifle that's developed some specks of dust in the view. Still works fine, but I've been thinking about checking with Nikon on warranty coverage for a while. Maybe I'll give it a try, pretty sure it's over 7 years old though.
    You will most definitely need to have your original dated proof of purchase receipt in order to have a warranty if it's within the 7 years that is.