• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes No go on Spuhr 35mm mount and Valdada 3.5-18x50

wortman

Private
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2010
Hawaii
I just recently purchased a Spuhr 35mm mount height of 1.18 and 6mil/20.6moa cant. Unfortuantly this mount and scope combination does not work. There is a screw on the bottom of the scope with a cover over it just below the parallax knob and the digital illumiation that contacts the mount and will not allow the scope to be turned enough to achive a level reticle.

I am new to this as this is my first magnified optic and do not know the function of this screw so will someone please inform me. Here is a link to a picture of the scope from valdada's website where you can clearly see the cap and screw just below the parallax knob and illumination :

http://s4f065fb154822.img.gostorego.com/...50digital-2.jpg

Mount quality is spectacular and I am severly disappointed that it wont work. I do not believe that this couldve been avoided as we cant expect Håkan Spuhr to try every scope and mount combination. Just wanted to inform of this problem and hope it helps someone else.

Best Regards,
Wortman

Re: No go on Spuhr 35mm mount and Valdada 3.5-18x50

I'll loan you my Dremel
wink.gif

I have the same scope mounted in an AAD 1-piece mount, and I know exactly what you're talking about. With reticle level, that knob rests against the bottom of the mount. I thought it mighthave been desinged as a stop! (just kidding, but seriously, it's level when in contact??)

I know that doesn't help you with the Spuhr, but it may be the AAD may be an option for you.

I really tried to make this mount work with most scopes so I sent emails to various manufacturers and asked to get drawings of their scopes.
The answer from IOR was that there was no reason to that as their scopes had the same measurements as all other scopes!!!!
So they refused to let me see any measurements I just felt that I really don't care to work with people that are this proffesional.....

US optics and Vortex immideately sent me the needed dimensions , so when it comes to 35mm I recomend you to chose US optics and Vortex!

Håkan

Damn I really wanted a 20moa mount for my ior. I know that mount is pricey but could it ground out to work?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: patsim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the same scope mounted in an AAD 1-piece mount, and I know exactly what you're talking about. With reticle level, that knob rests against the bottom of the mount. I thought it mighthave been desinged as a stop! (just kidding, but seriously, it's level when in contact??)</div></div>
Heh, not quite, but close. I did specifically test-fit that scope in a 35mm prototype mount to check for exactly this problem prior to production. That example had a couple thou clearance so I deemed it good to go!

i bought a Larue mount and turned it backwards to facilitate mounting my IOr 3-18X scope. worked great.