• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No more Scout Snipers

Heinlein was the G.O.A.T. of American mid-20th century literature, along with H. Beam Piper. Absolutely unsurpassed and ALL of our current day space battle and mech robot epics are inspired by ideas adapted from their works. The 1997 movie was fun but that was it. It is a titty riot for teens and should NOT be associated with the novel in any way. There is a Japanese animation company that is trying to adopt the novel into an animated epic, 100% faithful to the book word for word and I really wish them luck and hope to see it when it is completed.
Yeah, what was a closer movie to Heinlein's writing was "Puppet Masters."

But for "Starship Troopers," I think the actors read the book and got the gist. Specifically applauding Casper Van Diem, Michael Ironside, Clancy Brown, Din Meyer. Denise Richardson, not so much.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Yeah, what was a closer movie to Heinlein's writing was "Puppet Masters."

But for "Starship Troopers," I think the actors read the book and got the gist. Specifically applauding Casper Van Diem, Michael Ironside, Clancy Brown, Din Meyer. Denise Richardson, not so much.

I absolutely LOVE The Puppet Masters, both novel and the 1994 movie. And I believe John Carpenter got his idea for They Live from The Puppet Masters as well.

Reactions: Ronws
Y'all are late to the party, I was calling out his fuckery on the first thread he had and none of y'all douchers showed up 😆

Reactions: Ronws
Y'all are late to the party, I was calling out his fuckery on the first thread he had and none of y'all douchers showed up 😆
Only because it was you.

Sorry, I could not resist a bit of roast.

Heinlein was the G.O.A.T. of American mid-20th century literature, along with H. Beam Piper. Absolutely unsurpassed and ALL of our current day space battle and mech robot epics are inspired by ideas adapted from their works. The 1997 movie was fun but that was it. It is a titty riot for teens and should NOT be associated with the novel in any way. There is a Japanese animation company that is trying to adopt the novel into an animated epic, 100% faithful to the book word for word and I really wish them luck and hope to see it when it is completed.
Hey! I LIKED the titties in that movie!!! Dont be diss’n the titties.

• Haha
Reactions: Blue Sky Country