• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nobody here Like NCAA Basketball?

shooterrdy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2011
Kansas
Rock Chalk Jay Hawk KU. Props to KU for winning their 8th straight BIG 12 confrence title last night. Bill Self is the Man.

Re: Nobody here Like NCAA Basketball?

Kentucky-Logo.jpg

I may be a Purdue grad...but I'm a Lexington native and could hear the celebrations in 96 and 98 from our back deck.

Been involved with Syracuse basketball for years, both men and womens. Going to the Hardwood Banquet this weekend. I think it has been a crazy year for college basketball in a good way.

I look forward to the next couple weeks. Both you guys have great teams. Robinson would be my MVP closely followed by Davis. If Davis starts shooting more from the outside, then look out.
Why Robinson? Look what he did for his team non stats wise. That is empowerment.

Been a Wolfpack fan since the first years of Jimmy V and the Cardiac Pack. 1983 was magic as a kid growing up in NC. I was in school there the year he died. The basketball program hasn't been the same since. This year is looking better with the new coach but he has a lot of negative momentum to overcome.

I along with most firmly believe Anthony Davis is a lock for player of the year. Nobody is more influential of how the games are played when Davis is on the court. That and 140+ blocks helps as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I along with most firmly believe Anthony Davis is a lock for player of the year. Nobody is more influential of how the games are played when Davis is on the court. That and 140+ blocks helps as well. </div></div>
Not knocking Davis because he is a amazing player, but I think what hurts him is competition or lack of. Robinson on the other hand has good competition in his conference.
One example and just throwing the block thing, Mosley from NorthWestern last year had 156 blocks during the season and didn't win player of the year.
Point, rank teams that Kentucky has played:
Florida - heavy guard team
Louisville - beat them by seven at home when they where playing terrible, I mean Providence beat them a couple days later - which Providence is one of the worst teams in the BE by 31 points
Lost to Indiana - maybe because of Zeller
Beat NC by one point at home, don't get wrong NC has talent put no drive
Beat KU second game of the year before Robinson was still finding himself. Robinson had 11 pts and a couple games later they just barely but Georgetown.

KU on the other hand:
Georgetown, Duke, Ohio State, KSU, Baylor, ISU, Mizz, Baylor again, KSU again, Mizz again.

Just my 2 cents.

Longtime Miami Hurricanes fan. Finally see some positive results with Larranaga, hope this is the light at the end of the tunnel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reloader-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Longtime Miami Hurricanes fan. Finally see some positive results with Larranaga, hope this is the light at the end of the tunnel. </div></div>Reggie is a beast

KU is the shit. My dog's name is PHOG so yeah. If they can just get past the underdogs in the tourney.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gosu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I along with most firmly believe Anthony Davis is a lock for player of the year. Nobody is more influential of how the games are played when Davis is on the court. That and 140+ blocks helps as well. </div></div>
Not knocking Davis because he is a amazing player, but I think what hurts him is competition or lack of. Robinson on the other hand has good competition in his conference.
One example and just throwing the block thing, Mosley from NorthWestern last year had 156 blocks during the season and didn't win player of the year.
Louisville - beat them by seven at home when they where playing terrible, I mean Providence beat them a couple days later - which Providence is one of the worst teams in the BE by 31 points
Beat KU second game of the year before Robinson was still finding himself. Robinson had 11 pts and a couple games later they just barely but Georgetown.

KU on the other hand:
Georgetown, Duke, Ohio State, KSU, Baylor, ISU, Mizz, Baylor again, KSU again, Mizz again.

Just my 2 cents. </div></div>

Because of Zeller? No
It was a lucky last minute shot. A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.
I can't help the teams that are in the SEC with us. And if you are going to discredit UK for beating KU early in the season that's just pitiful, they lost. POY doesn't go to the guy who finally found himself. It goes to the most consistent across the board which is Davis. The kid is massive talent and will go #1 in the draft. North Carolina lost because of an outstanding block. A loss is still a loss if even by 30 or 1.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gosu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I along with most firmly believe Anthony Davis is a lock for player of the year. Nobody is more influential of how the games are played when Davis is on the court. That and 140+ blocks helps as well. </div></div>

KU on the other hand:

Just my 2 cents. </div></div>

Because of Zeller? No
It was a lucky last minute shot. A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.
I can't help the teams that are in the SEC with us. And if you are going to discredit UK for beating KU early in the season that's just pitiful, they lost. POY doesn't go to the guy who finally found himself. It goes to the most consistent across the board which is Davis. The kid is massive talent and will go #1 in the draft. North Carolina lost because of an outstanding block. A loss is still a loss if even by 30 or 1. </div></div>

As far as I know one basket didn't cause Indiana to win that game, you can't discredit the rest of the buckets. So those blind squirrels did a great job finding the nut often. It of course helped that Jones played terrible that game. Not discredit them anymore than (KU versus KY) than Indiana's win. Just because Indiana won doesn't mean that Indiana is the better team, I think you can agree with me there.

As far as North Carolina losing because of great block. NC lost not just because of a block, NC lost because they don't have the heart the KY has and in the end, basketball wins are determined by points not blocks. With Syracuse, Melo plays 75% of the minutes that Davis does but he does have his share of block shots in the game or 86. But his place is not block shots, his place is drawing offensive fouls. He is fantastic at it. Drawing fouls causes turnovers, block shots don't. I have seen plenty of block shots, frankly because the whole Syracuse team does pretty well blocking put the ball right back into another players hands and often the opponents.

Now to be clear, in no way am I saying Melo is as good as Davis. Not at all. But MVP IMO requires more than just block shots or Mosley would of won it last year.

Don't take this as hating on Davis, but a MVP should be a great player and a great leader.

Davis influences the game plan of both teams, on both sides of the court. He is a defensive threat as much as he is an offensive weapon. He blocks shots, he makes shots. He is a moral booster with the lob passes to the rim and finish dunks. He is never in foul trouble, a smart player, his court IQ for his age is absurdly high. An all around great person, I've talked with him on several occasions.

Im actually hoping UK and KU face off again and just like the beginning of the year on a neutral court. KU will fall and Davis will be regarded as the player of the year.

Im not saying Robinson is a bad player. He was just inconsistent at the start of the year, and seems like he would rather talk trash and instigate physical altercations then play ball.

We shall see what March brings....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Davis influences the game plan of both teams, on both sides of the court. He is a defensive threat as much as he is an offensive weapon. He blocks shots, he makes shots. He is a moral booster with the lob passes to the rim and finish dunks. He is never in foul trouble, a smart player, his court IQ for his age is absurdly high. An all around great person, I've talked with him on several occasions.

Im actually hoping UK and KU face off again and just like the beginning of the year on a neutral court. KU will fall and Davis will be regarded as the player of the year.

Im not saying Robinson is a bad player. He was just inconsistent at the start of the year, and seems like he would rather talk trash and instigate physical altercations then play ball.

We shall see what March brings.... </div></div>I would love to see them play against each other again also....mostly so Kansas wouldn't be in our bracket
grin.gif

I actually think this year's tourney will be great. Many of the teams can do well on any given night so the competition will be good.

We (my family) is doing the Hardwood Banq. this weekend which where we do dinner with the Men's team (Syracuse)and have auction for various stuff for charity. Do you want me to get you anyone's autograph? j/k
laugh.gif

Be good.

You can give them all food poisoning for me... that works.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can give them all food poisoning for me... that works. </div></div>That is not nice...but don't worry, it didn't happen (any food poisoning). Six seniors, but what the hell with over 20+ players, not the end of the world and our sophomores are stronger anyways.

I've watched a few games and I've seen a few UK games from the student section as well.

I've definitely enjoying this season, I can't wait to see how the SEC and NCAA tournaments turn out. Bring home number 8

I am from Philadelphia and we have a few teams that might make the tournament: Temple U., Drexel U. and St. Josephs. With their loss last night I do not think Villanova will be able to make it. Temple had a great win against Duke!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gosu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can give them all food poisoning for me... that works. </div></div>That is not nice...but don't worry, it didn't happen (any food poisoning). Six seniors, but what the hell with over 20+ players, not the end of the world and our sophomores are stronger anyways. </div></div>

They sure stunk it up vs Baylor today.... Wont win any championships playing like that.

Kansas, Cuse, Duke...all upset.

Kentucky looking vulnerable, but winning two tough games.

Ohio State is looking pretty good so far.

well my Wolfpack made the dance... now, if they can squeak out two wins in their bracket I'll be a happy dude

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well my Wolfpack made the dance... now, if they can squeak out two wins in their bracket I'll be a happy dude </div></div>

I'm a North Carolina fan, but I have to say NC State deserved to play for the ACC championship. Bad ref calls and non calls.

I'm pulling for KU but not sure they are deep enough to win the big dance not really sure anyone is for that matter. Duke lives and dies by the 3 ball, NC seems to play hard one game then soft the next and I feel Kentucky might fall just due to lack of experience or depth. That leaves us with Syracuse which I'm just not sure about either a lot of games close and their conference is not super strong, Baylor and Missouri can beat anyone if they are on the ball but too inconsistent and rely on 1 or 2 players too much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well my Wolfpack made the dance... now, if they can squeak out two wins in their bracket I'll be a happy dude </div></div>

I'm a North Carolina fan, but I have to say NC State deserved to play for the ACC championship. Bad ref calls and non calls. </div></div>

Yeah, some in Raleigh are saying that the bad calls were retaliation for the punishment of the dickheaded ref that threw Corchiani and Gugliatta out the game before and got reprimanded. Seriously, no fan ejections the entire year and this ref decides to throw out two former almost legend players... he deserved the reprimand and I think we paid for it with some of the blown calls in the UNC game. Those refs were wearing tape with the initials of the fallen ref on their shoes... objective officiating? I think not. Those dick heads should be the next ones suspended.

It's all good though. I'm headed to Hillsborough St on Friday to watch the game with some old college buddies. Good Times!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gosu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can give them all food poisoning for me... that works. </div></div>That is not nice...but don't worry, it didn't happen (any food poisoning). Six seniors, but what the hell with over 20+ players, not the end of the world and our sophomores are stronger anyways. </div></div>

They sure stunk it up vs Baylor today.... Wont win any championships playing like that. </div></div>We where talking about Cuse here, not Kansas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> That leaves us with Syracuse which I'm just not sure about either a lot of games close and their conference is not super strong, Baylor and Missouri can beat anyone if they are on the ball but too inconsistent and rely on 1 or 2 players too much. </div></div>Not a fan of Dickie V, but he summed up the Cuse. I have been very involved with them for a many of years and their biggest downfall is themselves. The get bored and uninterested on the court often. Happened against Cincy in the first half. I have seen them played from the opening buzzer a physical game, but then they get up and allow the other team to get back in the game.
They without a doubt have the talent to win a national title, the question is will they limp dick the first half and play catch up or play the whole game?

Wichita State fan here. I was really disappointed they were put in the same side of the bracket with Kentucky. If they play like they have been I think they could have made a deep run, but not having to play Kentucky in the Sweet 16.

When they go down I will be rooting to K-State and KU.

Either way this is the best sporting event of the year bar none.

Fab Melo out due academics... Cuse is in trouble. This will screw up everyone's bracket

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fab Melo out due academics... Cuse is in trouble. This will screw up everyone's bracket </div></div> In some ways it is good, in many others it is bad. The bs thing here is the NCAA is reinvestigating the same thing that they have already cleared. There are no current charges, but he cannot play during the investigation.
The last time he had a class that a couple student where caught cheating on a test. He was not present during that test and took the test while being watched by SU facility at fdifferent time. Once this was proven he was cleared.
Now they are reinvestigating the same evidence. Keep in mind that the NCAA did the investigation. Sound awful fishy to me. Worst part, with the way he is already being trashed, guilty or not he won't be back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fab Melo out due academics... Cuse is in trouble. This will screw up everyone's bracket </div></div>

I am glad I waited to fill out my brackets until this news came out. I figured them to be at least an elite eight team, I'll have to rethink that now.

It would help if our previous coach (Frank Haith) hadn't condoned/allow actions that rendered our top players ineligible... But go Hurricanes in the NIT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reloader-1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It would help if our previous coach (Frank Haith) hadn't condoned/allow actions that rendered our top players ineligible... But go Hurricanes in the NIT! </div></div>They are good team, you should do well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoshAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fab Melo out due academics... Cuse is in trouble. This will screw up everyone's bracket </div></div>

I am glad I waited to fill out my brackets until this news came out. I figured them to be at least an elite eight team, I'll have to rethink that now. </div></div>

Honestly, it should solve some of our rebounding issues, but it will hurt offensively. Biggest thing we can do is do a better job with our guard defense and our guards boarding. When we do that we are a unbelievable team even without Fab.

It will hurt not having that big fella in the middle blocking shots, he's a key role in ya'lls defense.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gosu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoshAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fab Melo out due academics... Cuse is in trouble. This will screw up everyone's bracket </div></div>

I am glad I waited to fill out my brackets until this news came out. I figured them to be at least an elite eight team, I'll have to rethink that now. </div></div>

Honestly, it should solve some of our rebounding issues, but it will hurt offensively. Biggest thing we can do is do a better job with our guard defense and our guards boarding. When we do that we are a unbelievable team even without Fab. </div></div>

Losing a player like that is never good. Even Jim boheim has said without him they are not a great rebounding team...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It will hurt not having that big fella in the middle blocking shots, he's a key role in ya'lls defense. </div></div>It is my belief his best role is drawing charges, most don't acknowledge that but he draws more than 3 charges a game. That does a great job shutting down inside.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gosu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JoshAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fab Melo out due academics... Cuse is in trouble. This will screw up everyone's bracket </div></div>

Honestly, it should solve some of our rebounding issues, but it will hurt offensively. Biggest thing we can do is do a better job with our guard defense and our guards boarding. When we do that we are a unbelievable team even without Fab. </div></div>

Losing a player like that is never good. Even Jim boheim has said without him they are not a great rebounding team... </div></div>Agreed, but true zone is not a great rebounding team by design. That is why many teams don't like it. On the flip side, that is why it is such a great transition formation.

If Syracuse came up against Kansas State, Vandy, Florida St, UNC, OSU, or kansas without Fab on the inside. You all are done. Robinson will rock the paint. Vandy will shoot your lights out with Ezeli abusing the boards and his size.

Its not looking good for the orange men!

If Syracuse doesn't play any better than they did today they're not gonna get past K-State.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Syracuse doesn't play any better than they did today they're not gonna get past K-State. </div></div>

Joseph and Jardine need to bring there game. Joseph blew today. He has a lot lately.

My prediction. K State beats Cuse for the early exit....
Our defending national champs cant even handle Iowa State...... pitiful!

Iowa State is a pretty decent team and in most conferences would have done a lot better but not this year the Big 12 is pretty stacked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope hate it! Can't stand Bball. Like hockey thought
sick.gif
</div></div>That is because frozen balls don't bounce.

Missouri just got upset pretty good but Norfolk state played some good ball.

Didn't expect that one, now we need to have Duke and Ohio St fall tonight for some real fun.