• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Norma Golden Target Match 6.5CM 143gr

I think 2850ish from 6.5CM would be an overpressure. In .260REM i would get that somewhere in the ballpark of 2940ish...

These are back in stock at Normashooting.com. Was looking to get a few but was wondering if you ever heard back from Norma on the blown primers?

Wanted to post an update. I had thought Norma never responded, so I sent another email complaint. I actually did receive a pretty quick response from Norma that went to my spam folder. I think I sent my original email to them on 6/5 or 6/6 and they responded on 6/9. I'll keep this thread updated with my results

Last edited:
I finally got to stretch the legs on this ammo. I didnt shoot 100 yard groups with the ammo, I just shot for 100 yard zero and started at 600 yards out to a mile. Ammo performed well and no hiccups. I'll go shoot some 100 yard groups next outing. At $30/box, I think this is a great buy for the money.

Reactions: FrozenFingers
how long a barrel or pipe did they use to test with , how long a barrel did you use ?
might explain some of the differances between your numbers and there's you might wanna take some of them apart and measure the powder in each to see if they are the same that could explain some of the bad es numbers you see on that chronograph 22 for an es is not a good sign not that at 100 yards it make a big huge difference least till you stretch them out a bit more . when putting them back together again you also might want to make sure the necks are also all the same or closer to the same tension the last time I pulled factory ammo some necks were tighter than others and some had a couple grains more than another that had way less . best of luck to you .

Last edited:
I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but Texas Ammunition has this ammo at $25 a box

• Love
Reactions: AK74U
I think 2850ish from 6.5CM would be an overpressure. In .260REM i would get that somewhere in the ballpark of 2940ish...
Berger factory 130s clock in at 2930 or so.

I have used Sparks 6.5 CM loaded with 140 ELDM hit 2830 consistently with no overpressure at all.

26"barrel in an AXMC or AT...same results

Reactions: BurtG
My Bergara 6.5 PRC loves this stuff and I'm glad I found it. I built this rifle for NRL Hunter, and the minute this stuff came available for $38/box shipped I bought 2.5 cases. Under a half MOA all the way out to 500 which is far as I've taken it so far. I have also asked Applied Ballistics to add it to their library, I'm sure I can figure out how to get my Sig rangefinder to spit out everything correct without it being in the library but I haven't sat down and done that yet.

Reactions: ME5150 and AK74U
I too just ordered 4 boxes of this for my Bergara HMR in 6.5 PRC. I have a 1000yd range near me so will see how it goes.

Is texasammunition a legit site?
I've ordered from them before. I received my order within a week. Granted, my post was made almost a month ago, so I don't know if they still have any ammo, but they're good to go, and yes, you can always check Ammoseek.com. That's where I found out Texas Ammunition had the 6.5 Creedmoor ammo in stock for $25

Edit: Just checked my emails. It took them 3 days to get two cases of ammo to me. Not 3 days to ship. 3 days and it was on my doorstep.

Great info, I have been looking at this ammo for a while but don't know anyone that's used it so have not bought any. guess I'm going to have to get a cast to try, I do have a case of Norma 6.5 cm Golden Target 130 gr that shoots really well in my rifle, ES of 20, SD of 6, really like this ammo but can't find any more 130 gr. I just bought a case of Federal 6.5 cm Gold Metal 130 gr Berger Hybrid OTM, haven't shot any yet but hope it will do as well as the Norma.

Reactions: Nik H
Great info, I have been looking at this ammo for a while but don't know anyone that's used it so have not bought any. guess I'm going to have to get a cast to try, I do have a case of Norma 6.5 cm Golden Target 130 gr that shoots really well in my rifle, ES of 20, SD of 6, really like this ammo but can't find any more 130 gr. I just bought a case of Federal 6.5 cm Gold Metal 130 gr Berger Hybrid OTM, haven't shot any yet but hope it will do as well as the Norma.
I really loved the old 130gr stuff. Where’d you find the FGMM Berger? I haven’t seen it under $2/rd in a long time.

I really loved the old 130gr stuff. Where’d you find the FGMM Berger? I haven’t seen it under $2/rd in a long time.
Got it from Mile High $355.00 case/1.75ish rnd. wish I could fine more of the Norma Golden Target 130 gr. the Hornady 140 ELDM is pretty good too but $45.00 +- box, the Norma 143 Golden Target is a good deal if it shoots anything like the 130.

Reactions: TheOE800
thinking of either going this route or the Berger GMM 130gr. Anyone shot them out of PVA barrel?

I have had decent groups with 130GT through a KRG FOX BETA test rifle. A decent alternative to Berger 130 OTM. But not quite as consistent.

I got Covid the week I was going to test and haven’t done shit since.
You let Brandon sniff you?

Seriously, thanks for being willing. Also get better. It is seems to be no symptoms or suck!

Last edited:
$250 shipped per 200rd case here:

TM6

IMG20220731101401_2.jpg

It shoots

Great deal!

$250 shipped per 200rd case here:

TM6

So, I tried this ammo out today at a match. Longest shot was a little under 900. Performance was good, enough for me to take 3rd, but I blew 3 primers. They weren't pierced, just blown from what appears to be hot loads. I sent an email to Norma so we'll see what they say

View attachment 7885394
This happens to me occasionally. Sometimes the primer has what appears to be a hole blown out of it. I haven't experienced anything quite like you though. Unfortunately when it happens, I have to remove the firing pin assembly from the bolt body and dump the fragment as it prevents the firing pin from moving forward. This also happens when I use the new PRIME ammo loaded with 130 grain bullets. I know in my case, I have to get the firing pin bushed but don't know anyone that still does that.

Please let us know what Norma says

Reactions: canezach and AK74U
what lot are they from? one of my lots was a bit off, really bad deviation. That's strange because all of the others I have ran are about 1/4moa at 600
The ammo was fine, I couldn’t distinguish it from the 130gr load I loved and have a dwindling stock of. It was a bad shooter day; I did 2-3 MOA on a box of FGMM 😂.

This happens to me occasionally. Sometimes the primer has what appears to be a hole blown out of it. I haven't experienced anything quite like you though. Unfortunately when it happens, I have to remove the firing pin assembly from the bolt body and dump the fragment as it prevents the firing pin from moving forward. This also happens when I use the new PRIME ammo loaded with 130 grain bullets. I know in my case, I have to get the firing pin bushed but don't know anyone that still does that.

Please let us know what Norma says

I don't think I'm going to hear back from Norma. I've sent a couple of emails, but nothing. I think they're just going to keep their results internal

I think he means more reasonable now than what it was selling for the past 6-10 months. I can't find the Hornady Match 140 for anything less than $1.71-$1.75 per rnd. The Norma 143 is currently at $1.25-$1.31 per rnd at the lower end of market. Maybe things will turn around and the economy will get better, but I doubt it. With the uncertainty going into the next election, panic buying will surely control prices.

TM6

I think he means more reasonable now than what it was selling for the past 6-10 months. I can't find the Hornady Match 140 for anything less than $1.71-$1.75 per rnd. The Norma 143 is currently at $1.25-$1.31 per rnd at the lower end of market. Maybe things will turn around and the economy will get better, but I doubt it. With the uncertainty going into the next election, panic buying will surely control prices.

TM6
oh, okay.
not to derail but i think the economy is fine. That's why we are seeing everything up high in price, we are all still panic buying like you said, thus driving prices to what they are. gotta let the companies sit on their glut of stuff for a bit to let it settle down.

As of late, Hornady is def not consistent enough for me to be paying $2 a round for (variances in ogive/weight on the last couple lots was off enough to make us switch manufacturers, accuracy was suffering bad). Sure its some of the best off the shelf, but way inflated and gougy for a lump of copper and brass.

Hornady hasn’t ever been consistent, I stopped shooting it ages ago in favor of the now apparently retired Norma 130gr load.

Hornady hasn’t ever been consistent, I stopped shooting it ages ago in favor of the now apparently retired Norma 130gr load.
Well I can get consistent 5 shot groups measuring less than 0.5 MOA out to 300 yards. Pretty consistent for me and my stick. I do think accuracy begins to degrade at longer distances.

That being said, the old PRIME which was a Norma 130 grain cartridge was my favorite....crazy accurate at distance. I didn't know it was retired by Norma. Berger also retired their 130 grain cartridge

Last edited:
That being said, the old PRIME which was Norma 130 grain cartridges was my favorite....crazy accurate at distance. I didn't know it was retired by Norma. Berger also retired their 130 grain cartridge
And here I was hoping that FGMM Berger 130gr was the replacement…

Anyone run this through a gasser? I had issues with some of the longer Berger 140’s feeding and want to avoid that obviously.

Prices are starting to get back to where I may start feeding my AR10’s again

Anyone run this through a gasser? I had issues with some of the longer Berger 140’s feeding and want to avoid that obviously.

Prices are starting to get back to where I may start feeding my AR10’s again
Runs 1/4-1/3MOA in my Larue tOBR. 150-200 rounds and no hiccups.

Reactions: rlsmith1