• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

North Texas April Rifle Match - Leonard, TX

Re: North Texas April Rifle Match - Leonard, TX

The support for this match has been great. We have registered/paid shooters from Texas, Louisiana and all the way from Southern California.

Still have some slots available - send in your registrations to ensure you get a secured spot.

** anyone in the north texas area that has up to (5) 55-gallon drums that you can loan me for the match please send me a PM.

I still plan on going, just have to make sure I am going 100% before I think about registering.

Doubled, I don't have any drums, but is there anything else you need?

I was about to sign up but since I'm not from 'round these parts I had a question about a requirement:

Ammo - 125 rifle rounds total needed, NO FMJ, TRACERS, STEEL CORE, or ARMOR PIERCING bullets allowed.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but will a SMK be considered a FMJ? It has a HP and I imagine everyone is going to be shooting these types of bullets but I wanted to ask before I signed up and caused even more headache/heartburn.

no worries.

The match kings are HPBT (hollow point boat tail) are are perfectly acceptable.

Looks like we are going to have custom dillos from Larue Tactical too... Remember that this match is limited to 40 shooters so get your registrations in soon

Just updated the sponsors list - this prize table is shaping up nicely.

Great news that we are now operating this match in conjunction with the guys from Texas Precision Rifle Club.

Got you down TT - there are a few slots left.

Those slots that i am holding for people who have no paid, get your registrations in ASAP.

Once there are no spots left I will reach out to those that have a spot held and you will have 24 hours to register before i have to release it to someone on the standby list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trigger time</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Registration sent. </div></div>

Don't let him in. He's daaaaangerous!

The prize table is really shaping up and everyone will go home with something.....

and the dillos have arrived.

2012-02-09_18-48-55_897.jpg

Hahaha, sweet! Still have my Dillo (not dildo) in the package from Mesquite Creek...is that wrong?

DoubleD and I just tested a target I built for the match. All I can say is I hope your fundamentals are strong and you can cycle the bolt quickly!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Garvey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">DoubleD and I just tested a target I built for the match. All I can say is I hope your fundamentals are strong and you can cycle the bolt quickly! </div></div>

that's no lie! Great work on the target and I appreciate all the help this week.

DD,

Did you need any of my targets??

1 - full IPSC
4 - 66% IPSC
1 - 8" round
1 - 10" round

Let me know?

AR

I do not think so but thanks for the offer. I think at this point we have all the targets and I'm just waiting for a final shipment to build the KYL's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaximumVelocity</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To break the ice a little for other beginners, this will be my first match as I have never competed. Some beginners might be a little shy because they don't want to get stomped on by the pros but don't worry about that. I'm not looking to do well, I just want to have some fun and meet some new people.

There are 10 slots left, if you are new sign up. You are not alone.</div></div>

this will be one of my first matches too

The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place plaques that we ordered from a fellow hide member are complete. The top 3 finishers will receive custom loading blocks.

0217121806.jpg

Just sent mine in - I'll be driving up from South Texas, so definitely going to keep an eye on the weather.

I am still going to go watch but I am not going to shoot, I am going to be realistic and know my limitations. I am still not completely healthy enough to do any tactical matches so I am going to just have to wait until next year. Hope to see you guys there.

Just a note for all those coming to spectate - understand that we are going to have 40 shooters actively participating. While you are welcome to spectate there are going to be limited areas in which the spectators have access to.

no more detail than in the original post until the day of the event.

I could check your zero the day before the event, first shot of the day will be a cold-bore shot.

Getting closer and I can't wait!

Is the match full or do you still have spots ?

My spot is up for sale if anyone wants it, PM me. Had some stuff come up

My spot is up for sale too. I have to be in San Diego at 5:00PM on 15 April 2012. There is no way I can do the match and make it there in time. So, PM me if your interested.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter McGavin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My spot is up for sale too. I have to be in San Diego at 5:00PM on 15 April 2012. There is no way I can do the match and make it there in time. So, PM me if your interested.

Thanks</div></div>

my buddy in Van Alstyne will buy one of those spots - I think he's taking Northland's...

Bach - yes, your buddy is taking the Northland spot. Have him and Northland figure out the finances directly.

Shooter,

Pm me If you still have the spot

PM sent opalvom

If anyone has a spot in this match that they don't want send me a PM. I just found out that I don't have to work that weekend.

Thanks,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opalvom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My spot is up for grabs. </div></div>

Sent ya a PM. I'll take it.

need you to send me your full name, phone number and email address so I can update the shooter sheet.

I have not been able to connect with Mike Lau after multiple repeated attempt's, I am going to have to pull him from the sponsor list and remove the Durcoat job he put up. Sorry guys.

Bring some sunscreen gents!

AM Clouds / PM Sun High
77°F

Precip
20%

Wind: From SSE at 12 mph
Humidity: 68%
UV Index: 8 Very High
Sunrise: 6:54 AM CT
Avg. High: 77°F
Record High: 91°F (1924)

Partly Cloudy Overnight Low
62°F

Precip
20%

Wind: From SSE at 7 mph
Humidity: 74%

Sunset: 7:56 PM CT
Avg. Low: 52°F
Record Low: 30°F (1983)

Trev, I have not heard back from you. Do you still want my spot?

If not, anyone else interested? Divorce fucked up many of my plans.