• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up Northern VA shooters?

boostless

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2011
Northern VA
Any one in the area? I was wondering if anyone would be willing to show me any places to shoot besides Quantico. Seems like everyone around me is either a pistol shooter or they have their own cliche and don't like new guys.

Many of us shoot at Peacemaker out in Inwood, WV. It's about an hour's drive for you but a great range. They hold LR matches every month and give access to their UKD range twice a month. I'm not a big comp guy but I'm going to try to shoot at least 1x per month on the UKD range (also known as Frontier). Peacemaker's got a pretty good thing going right now, and membership isn't too expensive.

I'm assuming members have access to all ranges for no charge other than the membership fee, of course not including matches?

Nope, the Frontier Range costs $50 per session. I think they're trying to recoup the cost of buying and maintaining the steel. There's usually about 3-4 people on the shooting line when I went there.

maybe I'm cheap but I feel like that's expensive to drive that far, pay for the membership and then pay the $50 to shoot. Are they not using quality steel?

maybe I'm cheap but I feel like that's expensive to drive that far, pay for the membership and then pay the $50 to shoot. Are they not using quality steel?

I think you might be correct here, but I don't know for sure. I noticed during the LR Match the other week that there wasn't much audible feedback from some of their plates. But, in their defense, they have a LOT of steel down range!

I guess I'll get to shoot out that far one day when the stars align. It's a bit much to still be building my rifle as well as paying that much to shoot it at the same time.