• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Not a Precision rifle But a hoot to shoot

vikz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2007
just moved
hello guys got this last thursday before they go up in prices, NIB + i bought the stock and scope..zeroed at 50yds for now and man this "cheapo" rifle is fun to shoot just enough recoil and "uumph" for a day in the range..

SKSwithscope001.jpg

SKSwithscope003.jpg

SKSwithscope004.jpg

SKSwithscope006.jpg

Re: Not a Precision rifle But a hoot to shoot

I love my SKS. Its cheep and fun to fire. Mine looks like it rolled down a cliff but still functions great!
grin.gif

Lol, I've got an original Russian somewhere in my pile of C&R weapons. It's fun to shoot, but I can only run it for so long before I get sick of 10-round stripper clips...

I hope you guys have some ammo already for those. That stuff is hard to find right now and when you find it it is pretty pricey right now. They are a blast to shoot. I love my Mosin Nagant. That thing is a blast.

I think I've still got 1,500 rounds of wolf stashed around the house. I think that should hold me for a while...

Mmmm, nagants. I've got one or 6 of them. Good fun
grin.gif

I need to find some more ammo to feed my Yugo 59/66.... Fun & as simple as they come! Picked up mine at a fun show for under $100 in unissued condition with all accessories including the log book....have had offers over $500 for it as of late... Getting all the cosmoline out of it was a royal PITA!!! She still weeps the stuff out of the wood stock on a warm day!

I have not done strings of shot to do groupings probably next time out i'll try how well it does at 50yds and then zero at 100yds..P.S. It took me 2 shots to hit a small bottle of soda can at 50yds so its accurate enough..<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what kind of groups will it shoot? </div></div>

Here is an updated pics of my SKS, I tried to zero at 100yds but having some problems so i ended zeroing at 300yds instead and had better luck getting zeroed so I'll just keep it at that and start trying to hit a metal plate at 450yds at the range, i had some close ones yesterday but i run out of ammo so i'll try again later..I know its probably wishful thinking to hit at 450yds but like what i said, i got pretty close (maybe 8 to 12 inches low )and it only took me 7shots, i just want to see if its capable..

sks001-1.jpg

sks002.jpg

sks003-1.jpg

i don't think its hitting it but if it does i dont noticed it and its not really a "high end" scope so its okay , i might try putting some kinda foam to cover it a bit..<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how do you keep the ejecteds from beating the shit out of your scope?
</div></div>

man this thing is fuuun!! I was hitting the metal plate at 450y ds at the range today , i would say 10 out of 20 shots, 50% is not bad for a "cheap"rifle, now if i can just get more ammo to practice so i can have better percentage but i'm not complaining and i was just using wolf ammo too..

my sks will shoot 2-2.5 inchs at 50 yards with opens. They are a lot of fun to shoot