• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Not Bartlein Barrels

Do you ever really know what barrel you have if you did not see the blank or chamber it yourself? Is anyone really that confident in buying a used “Bartlein, Kreiger, or any other top tier” barrel for slightly less than what you could get a new one for direct from manufacturer most times? I am always amazed when I see used and already chambered barrels sell for top dollar, some people really do have a bunch of trust, good for them. I have purchased my fair share of used barrels, but never once did I expect it to be exactly what seller said it was, and never paid more than what I could get a cheap prefit for. (So far all my used purchases have shot well, not to say they are the same brand seller claimed though, or maybe they are?)

Frank,

Looked on your site, and have looked around the interwebs for a few days. Do you make a CF 7mm barrel with a finish length off 18”?

Frank,

Looked on your site, and have looked around the interwebs for a few days. Do you make a CF 7mm barrel with a finish length off 18”?
Nobody is going to carry one like that to my knowledge.

Can we make you a 18" finish length/19" blank 7mm in cf? Yep. Only contours we offer are our #4, #13 rem. varmint and the #14 M24/M40 contour.

email us at....

[email protected]

Later, Frank

Hats off to Frank the fellas in the shop!

Takes some fortitude to call a spade a spade in an open forum; people these days trying to pull on over off another.

Shady shit business and shame on those builders that pass off wears as such.

I've gotten into the habit of having the riflesmith cut 1/8" off the breech end so to keep the serial number number and barrel info intact for reference.

Not to mention it makes a pretty cool challenge coin to boot!

@ TC, funny shit there, funny shit!

What a bullshit move to pull. Can't believe it was "an honest mistake" on their part.

Those guys need a 100 bags of dicks mailed to them
(not the tasty gummy bear dicks but the inedible Chinese plastic dicks....)

How are they supposed to eat a dick if you send them the inedible ones, that’s just rude!

@Frank Green -- I've been using your recommendation of removing a bronze brush after if exits the muzzle and then putting it back on the cleaning rod for another pass. But I was wondering how you feel about when using a nylon brush to scrub the barrel allowing the nylon brush to change directions while still in the bore?

Thanks -- Todd

@Frank Green -- I've been using your recommendation of removing a bronze brush after if exits the muzzle and then putting it back on the cleaning rod for another pass. But I was wondering how you feel about when using a nylon brush to scrub the barrel allowing the nylon brush to change directions while still in the bore?

Thanks -- Todd
The nylon isn't as aggressive as a bronze brush so I'm cool with that.

Again though...no abrasive cleaner and flush the brush once in a while.

@Frank Green mentioned asking for the serial number - another option is to just ask the gunsmith to part off the serial number info and send it to you with the barrel/gun. Trivial to do on a lathe before they start to cut the tenon, etc. Then you get a 1.25" "coin" with the barrel info on it. They could still send you a fake barrel, but it's more work (they'd have to part it off *something* legit... or they'd have to try to counterfeit Bartlein's marks, etc)

Just saw this posted by someone here with out a Supporter account in one of the knowledge sections. They are out there. Post was reported. Stay vigilant friends.
SmartSelect_20230313_120511_Chrome.jpg

Good on you for helping someone out that is in that position. Although, most manufacturers wouldn't work on someone else's product. But again, kudos to you.

One of the shitty aspects about someone slipping in fake/counterfeit barrels is "how much money can you make by doing it ?". Certainly not enough to make it worth the bother. Or, maybe it is to the worst of the worst greedy scheisters.

Can't remember any numbers, but I've bought directly from Bartlein and from Greg/SPR. Easy peasy. Of course, no issues, ever.

Frank, thank you and your team for really nice products.
I bought 4 bartlein’s from Greg Young at Southern precision rifle’s. Every one was a shooter!

Last edited:
A couple of people posted questions to us about confirming if the barrel they have are legit or not from overseas. I asked one guy....we didn't sell the barrel to you. Where did you get it from? He wouldn't tell me but told me on the secondary market they are going for up to $3900!

I think our prices are to low? :unsure::LOL:

• Wow
Reactions: Slides
A couple of people posted questions to us about confirming if the barrel they have are legit or not from overseas. I asked one guy....we didn't sell the barrel to you. Where did you get it from? He wouldn't tell me but told me on the secondary market they are going for up to $3900!

I have three new Bartlein blanks. I would sell one of them for half that price. The other two aren't for sale.

Reactions: Frank Green
No. I have a barrel here to play with but the world is imploding around us. No time right now to dig into it deeper.

I will try and make a phone call today to the place that does the coating so hang loose.
Right on. Thank you sir. I know you have your hands full and things are crazy

I’ve never once in many decades have I had a smith I’ve used not send back the coin with all the info on it. Never asked for it buts been in the box every time. I use reputable smiths but I feel like this should be expected.

Reactions: 338dude
Oh I got the coin. Long story and I’ll tell it in full if I find out the smith is playing games.

here's to hopping my ordered Bartlein Barrel is what Altus Shooting Solutions say's it is . My first time ordering through them very excited to get it , it will be my third bartlein barrel for my gun so far .

Not surprised. Here in Canada handguns are basically banned but a new glock will sell for around 5k on the street. Needless to say business is booming for smugglers.

Anyway that would suck buying a fake Bartlein up north but a customer would most likely never know. It's damn near impossible to ship a gun in the US from here and just as hard getting it shipped back.