• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NRL hunter setup - what would you do?

Well, I jumped in with 2 feet after selling my RH creedmoor before my first match and taking my old PRC my kid had been shooting.

Here is my new 6.5 Creedmoor, built by Caleb Morris of Alpha Omega. I should know what to expect when I commission a rifle from him, but my god he never ceases to amaze me and exceed my expectations.

I had him build me a 26" CF Bartlien barreled rifle with a Impact action and a Foundation Revelation in LH for the NRL Hunter Open Heavy division. I can't wait to go out and zero it and break it in then start load development on it. I do think I want to ditch the full Arca rail for a front pic rail with small arca section by the mag well but other then that it is about 8 Oz under max weight as configured with a Armageddon gear sling. View attachment 7958427
How is the balance of this rifle. I want to build a similar setup. But I’m worried it will be pretty heavy in the rear. I go back in for between this and a manners lrh. The foundation definitely looks better!

How is the balance of this rifle. I want to build a similar setup. But I’m worried it will be pretty heavy in the rear. I go back in for between this and a manners lrh. The foundation definitely looks better!
The LRH is a fair bit lighter, I have a friend with one and we have compared them. Mine feels really well balanced, but I picked components that would take advantage of the class. A CF barreled build in a LRH is a better Open Light gun, where this stock seems to make it a good open heavy candidate. To be honest it feels allot like my Fluted RH gun from above, which is what I wanted... it was my favorite rifle I had ever had in RH.

Reactions: K80/6.5
The LRH is a fair bit lighter, I have a friend with one and we have compared them. Mine feels really well balanced, but I picked components that would take advantage of the class. A CF barreled build in a LRH is a better Open Light gun, where this stock seems to make it a good open heavy candidate. To be honest it feels allot like my Fluted RH gun from above, which is what I wanted... it was my favorite rifle I had ever had in RH.
Thanks. Yeah I have a foundation already on another rifle and love it so that will most likely be the way I go and just not worry about the light class.

Reactions: Bigrederic
To piggyback off this thread, does anybody have any rough weights of lighter contour steel barrels? Trying to see if I can save some coin instead of going with a CF barrel.

Bartlein Barrel website shows weights under their contour page.

I ran a 24" Heavy Palma in a Manners CF Elite stock, and had no issues meeting the weight in the heavy class. I couldn't make weight with my normal configuration of McMillan A5 with M24 profile barrel.

i can easily make heavy class with a 27" heavy varmint and a razor gen 3 with MBrace mount in a hnt26

As crazy as it sounds, I think it is lighter then that. Caleb is a great dude... he has built me a few rifles, and let me shoot GAP Grind with him this year.

SonI just stood on the scale and weighed myself with and without the rifle and the rifle by itself. And as crazy as itnsounds it is about 14lbs or so. I will weigh it on the scale at the airport tomorrow to get a accurate weight.

I also have another 6.5 Creed he built me that is a shorty so velocity would likely be short of power factor or on the edge. View attachment 7733028
Necro thread revival…what stock is that?

Hnt 26
Medium Palma
Mark 5 5x25
Arc rings
Double pull
12lb.11oz
20221114_170411.jpg

Reactions: P0WDERHOWND
View attachment 8001613

For all hunting or just big game ?

Not sure, don’t hunt there so never looked into it but I read that the reason for it was due to one instance where a couple guys used .50 BMG to shoot elk from one mountain to the next in a place where it would have taken days to get to them and as a result the meat spoiled before they could get there.

That was there solution to fix the problem.

You know what the most fucked up part about it is? That was their answer to the question of how to stop people from using a .50 BMG to shoot elk from one mountain top to another because one dipshit did it back in the 80’s.

“If you’ve hunted in more than one state you know that regulations change when you cross a border, and sometimes those changes seem pretty illogical. Often, regulation discrepancies are based on ethical judgements which are rooted in actual issues in the field. Take Idaho, for example. In the early ‘80s, a warden found a nonresident hunter using a modified rifle chambered in .50 BMG mounted to a tripod to shoot bull elk from a ridge. A friend called the shots using binoculars. It would have taken two days of hard hiking to reach those dead elk, at which point the meat was spoiled. News of this trickled out, and not long after, the Idaho Fish and Game Commission came up with a new regulation: No hunting big game with a rifle weighing more than 16 pounds.

Tony Boudreau, Idaho’s wildlife bureau chief, admits that the 16-pound rule sounds arbitrary to outsiders, but it’s based on a real experience that the state wants to prevent from happening again.”

Tagged my previous post with the info

Well, I jumped in with 2 feet after selling my RH creedmoor before my first match and taking my old PRC my kid had been shooting.

Here is my new 6.5 Creedmoor, built by Caleb Morris of Alpha Omega. I should know what to expect when I commission a rifle from him, but my god he never ceases to amaze me and exceed my expectations.

I had him build me a 26" CF Bartlien barreled rifle with a Impact action and a Foundation Revelation in LH for the NRL Hunter Open Heavy division. I can't wait to go out and zero it and break it in then start load development on it. I do think I want to ditch the full Arca rail for a front pic rail with small arca section by the mag well but other then that it is about 8 Oz under max weight as configured with a Armageddon gear sling. View attachment 7958427
How do you sling the rifle with only one qd cup in the rear?

Or it must be this

3.1 ” 5 Slot Picatinny Adapter for Foundation SS Rail​

I run the same setup on my work rifle... it is very similar to the factory setup on a Manners LRH as well. I also use the small Arca section back by the magwell.
20231201_212112.jpg
20231201_212143.jpg

Attachments

• 20231201_212143.jpg
    20231201_212143.jpg
    552 KB · Views: 17
  • 20231201_212112.jpg
    20231201_212112.jpg
    638.9 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: LikeADirtBoss
Does anyone make a full length Arca rail with a qd milled into it? Everyting I have is ARCA compatible and I like the long full rail. Rather not have a pic rail on front and a shorter section of ARCA rail spanning whats left.