• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nucleus Light Primer Strikes

Was anyone able to fix this issue? I have the 22 pound spring already a tt diamond trigger and I’m getting about 50/50 fires with factory ammo in a 22 creed and I can’t even shoot factory 6.5 cm
Left round fired
Right did not
That right round would’ve fired out of anything else just not these stupid nucleus actions
Yes. My fix was switching to an Impact action.

Yes. Take your bolt apart. Use brake cleaner and spray down everything on the inside. The firing pin, firing pin spring, inside bolt body, all of it.

Reassemble with a VERY LIGHT layer of oil.

This seemed to work for me. More often than not, I would run it dry, which isn't the right way to do it, but it worked.
I use Hornandy spray lube as it’s basically a dry lube and attracts nothing but is super slick.

I never had any problems with mine even with a #16 spring but I run the #19 jus to be safe.

Running the original 16# spring with no issues at all, ever.

Same here...well ok I had one fail out of about 1500 rounds. I bought the heavy spring as a backup but never needed to install it.

Was anyone able to fix this issue? I have the 22 pound spring already a tt diamond trigger and I’m getting about 50/50 fires with factory ammo in a 22 creed and I can’t even shoot factory 6.5 cm
Left round fired
Right did not
That right round would’ve fired out of anything else just not these stupid nucleus actions

I almost didn't reply here because of the "if you don't have anything nice to say" thing, but the round on the left is definitely over pressure. Are they factory or hand loads? Clearly that primer was looking for another place to be, other than in that primer pocket.

As far as the light strikes, it's been solved for over a year now for the folks that ever had an issue. I'm running the original 16# spring, but they sent the other springs free of charge in case I ever started to have issues and wanted to swap. I second the clean with brake clean, then lube with the Hornady one shot cleaner and dry lube, not the case lube, that wouldn't work well. Once you get that sorted, I think you'll like it just fine.

I'm still running my original 16# spring also. Never had a single issue out of mine.

Reactions: lash
I cleaned the firing pin and spring with brake cleaner and spray with Hornady One shot gun lube. 16# spring and never has an issue.

Reactions: Wilcoxjace
It could be the fp dragging on the trigger, oily bolt, or any number of other things.

Even though these things are like Legos, they aren't Legos and sometimes there is a stacking of tolerance errors or other issue that can be resolved by a gunsmith.

If you haven't cleaned the bolt, start there. If you have, look for bolt dragging on the trigger. Call ARC, I think they have looked at fitting different sears with the trigger with others.

It could be the fp dragging on the trigger, oily bolt, or any number of other things.

Even though these things are like Legos, they aren't Legos and sometimes there is a stacking of tolerance errors or other issue that can be resolved by a gunsmith.

If you haven't cleaned the bolt, start there. If you have, look for bolt dragging on the trigger. Call ARC, I think they have looked at fitting different sears with the trigger with others.
We have several different cocking pieces for the nuke. Also have higher spring rates if need be. If you are still having issues after cleaning please pm me and/or call the shop. We will get the issue resolved. We haven’t seen a lot of this issue since changing spring rates.

Left round fired
Right did not

Also make sure your primers are seated all the way to the bottom of the cup. If there's any space for them to move in the case when the striker impacts it, it can contribute to light strikes.