• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NV and thermal kills...

Raccoon at around 90 yards with the 6 CM and 87 gr Vmax.

4E4D3836-4544-4CEF-8EE2-E44B585EE120.jpeg

Reactions: Kino and nikonNUT
N-Vision Halo XRF Review:

N-Vision was kind enough to send me a Halo XRF to test out. The things I liked the best were the amazing range of the rangefinder, the very strong image, and the accuracy of the scope.

Please Stop Snowing: KC Ep. 98:
During this point in the winter, every time the wind blew, the major roads would get shut down due too heavy drifts. Here are some late winter coyotes.

Reactions: nikonNUT

Between Blizzards: KC Ep 99:

The 2022/2023 Winter was brutal throughout much of the upper Midwest. Snowstorm after snowstorm just seemed to continue. The time between storms wasn't often very long, but coyotes have to eat. If you can hit it right, hunting can still be good.

Oct 1st is opening day of varmint season in NY, So I got out after the rains to do some more pest control before the backup scope is taken off the .177 and mounted on the 20-250.
Pm Squirrel

F'er

Last edited:
  • Love
As the Winter of 2022/2023 was starting to wind down, I knew the end of my hunting season was drawing near. I was contacted by some ranchers who would soon begin calving to attempt to get a few more.

Weather finally changed and it was in the 40s last night and the critters were moving....
River rat...
RAT1007.jpeg

Mus...
MUS1007.jpeg

and a possum...
POSSUM1007.png

Also saw lots of deer but I don't have a depredation permit for dudes garden so they we just admired.

Another thing I found interesting... Went over to mess with his corn feeder this morning (I rebuilt it for him under the guise of "lease fees". ) and the rat and the possum were GONE! I think there are bigger meat eaters about. I'm gonna have to pull an all nighter soon!

Double Down
Male and Female we spotted over 400 yards away.
Lone yote Howl got their attention and the Foxpro Kitten distress 2 brought them in all the way to their demise.
The 20-250/55 Grn Berger combo blew the females heart out.
Savage Impulse Predator rifles getting it done.
10 7 Dogs.jpg

2022/2023 Historic Season Ends: KC Ep.101: This video was from my last hunt of the 2022/2023 season. I hunt from late fall to early Spring. In total I went on 37 hunts with 369 total stands and 370 coyotes taken. It was a very good year especially considering the historic amount of snow much of my hunting areas received. Thanks to all who followed my journey this year.

Ended my opening week coyote hunting expedition with a kill before midnight and now it's time to get used to living in the daylight again.
46lb male that was part of a pair that was flanking us till we got into a field, then they started closing the gap quickly.
Bad move.
Livestock were in the field to the right of us, so I only got one chance to shoot at the second dog.
We figure these were the dogs that were tormenting the landowner while he was checking his trail cameras and walking his dogs.10 8 Dog (2).jpg

Last edited:
Been a grind at the garden spot but I finally got what the owner wanted gone! Conditions were awful aka 87% humidity, warm, and a little wind so it was like looking through gray soup! However the critters still glowed like they had been irridiated. Popped Mr. (or Mrs.) Trash Panda at about 75 yards and watched it fall out of the tree and sommersault down the side of a steep hill and I almost did the same on recovery. Anyways... Big, and well feed, bugger! Think I got one of the garden thieves!
Coon101323.jpg

Last edited:
LD Super Revolt but I use Icotec as well as Foxpro. I try to use what nobody else is using!

just looked it up. Nice, I never seen/used one. kinda Looks like cross between a Horn and Shockwave .
buddy I hunt dogs with has a LD roughneck and i sounds good and easy packing. I switched to a Shockwave w/foxjack decoy over the summer. No bitches about the Shockwave, It brings them in using it. but I am real fan of Horn Speaker. I think I going back to a Horn call again.

Well the rain finally left but its still windy, got out last night and killed 10 more...
20231014_091830-jpg.8248907

19, and then 10 in one night . holy crap, How many Coyotes you have around there ?
We got a lot of coyotes around here, but I must be one lazy bastard because I pull down 2 a night, and I am GTG ... LOL

Reactions: nikonNUT and Kino
19, and then 10 in one night . holy crap, How many Coyotes you have around there ?
We got a lot of coyotes around here, but I must be one lazy bastard because I pull down 2 a night, and I am GTG ... LOL
WAY MORE than I can kill and not put a dent in them!

Hunteing in grizzly country by myself is always a little on the edge, maybe playing bunny blues and fawn distress ain't that smart!

Reactions: softcock
The following video is not for the faint of heart. 11 minutes of nothing but kill shots. If you like seeing coyotes getting slammed, grab some popcorn and buckle up and hang on for the ride.

These are some of my favorites from the 2022/2023 hunting season. It was a fun season. All of these hunts were me hunting solo.

Exciting night! Went to the garden and saw 3 deer off the bat! And then... nothing. Just kinda chilled and finally another doe showed to nibble on some corn. That's when I saw it. Trotting up the far side of the garden not 30 yards from me was a coyote! Watched it head up the hill, circle around and get below bambi. It was just watching her when I broke the shot. Spun around and headed down the creek bed at a trot. Lined up and broke another shot... This time the dog jumped straight up, did a front flip, and grabbed a gear exiting stage left! Did I bang-flop it? No. Do I need a bigger gun? Yes! Am I suddenly hooked on predator hunting in the dark? Absolutely!!!

Reactions: Trailgomer
Although, my season summary aired only 2 weeks ago, my season actually ended around 8 months ago. As the weather cooled over the Northern Plains, it was once again time to chase after coyotes.

I’m not an air rifle guy but I don’t think a PCP pellet gun has the same recoil impulse as a spring powered air gun. It seems those guys that do ratting use PCP for multiple shots rather than breaking the barrel each time. I could be wrong though.
I've got a few "springers" no chance in heck, I'd risk any NVD on one. I've destroyed a few optics on a springer .177 alone. PCP models can be problematic I would guess too, with "recoiling" forward on some models. I'm not SME in anything though. I did run a compact thermal on a Ruger MK2 suppressed for armadillos and possums.

Never considered subsonic 308. Looks interesting.
Subsonic 308s are very quiet, but there is also a lot less energy in the factory loads I used. The sound is more like a painball rifle, and I lost perhaps 15 cm in height at 100 meters vs my supersonics in a Ruger PR.

I presume he is handloading his, but not sure?

I've got a few "springers" no chance in heck, I'd risk any NVD on one. I've destroyed a few optics on a springer .177 alone. PCP models can be problematic I would guess too, with "recoiling" forward on some models. I'm not SME in anything though. I did run a compact thermal on a Ruger MK2 suppressed for armadillos and possums.

PCP's of 100 fpe or less have softer recoil, as well as a slower recoil impulse than a 22rf, so damage to a optic isn't a concern. Literally give or take a few of a 2000-ish psi charge of air pushing the projectile vs 11,000 psi for a 22rf.

Actually for any optic that is rated for a magnum centerfire the optic shouldn't be damaged on a 400 fpe PCP such as those used for big game hunting in 45 or larger calibers.

PCP's have a reward recoil like a firearm. Typical springers have much more forward recoil vs a pcp's rearward recoil if the same power level and any secondary rearward recoil in a springer is LARGELY negated by that annoying forward thwoink and momentum of a heavy spring and piston flying forward.

But I wouldn't take the chance on a springer either without consulting the manufacturer first about it and more importantly their "escape door" in the warranty.