• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NV and thermal kills...

F060635E-67C2-48EF-B716-8BB05B459BFA.jpeg

Just after the stroke of midnight, I got up from my seat to stretch and try to get my back spasms to stop when my buddy whispered to me that he see's two dogs coming in.
My back spasms magically disappear when I see them coming with my spotter.
I get behind the rifle and hit record.
I pop the first one, he misses the second dog and I take a shot at it before it goes over the hill.
I heard a smack after my shot, so I know it's hit good.
The .20 cal 40grn Vmax did it's job and both dogs were found right over the hill.
52lb male and 35 lb female.
Double down.

1 8 23 Double.jpg

Reactions: SDBguy95
Kirsch,
You need to hire a carcass clean up service like John Wick.
Funny. I've been out 31 times this Fall/Winter and have shot 333 coyotes so far. We then got 5' of snow, and I haven't been able to get out for a long time. I was thinking 500 coyotes was possible this winter, but 400 may be a stretch.

Sorry for the video blitz, as I was behind in posting videos on Snipers Hide. I actually release a new Episode every Sunday night at 8PM on the Night Goggles YouTube Channel. This is the best way to see the action, so please subscribe.

Last edited:
A512B1D2-B16F-4D10-9646-6A807AB40CB0.jpeg

Got the 6creed dialed in. Still on the fence about the xrf but it did cut through the weather pretty good the other night.

Attachments

• ABDDC01D-BD1F-474B-9D59-24780EFBBC44.png
    ABDDC01D-BD1F-474B-9D59-24780EFBBC44.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
Went after some hogs last night. Decided to use a bolt gun instead of my 6.5 grendel. There's something about it that's just more fun! Except for only having a 5 round magazine, lol. Rifle setup is a Steyr THB 6.5 creed/ TBAC Ultra 9 with a N-VISION XRF.

Back on the board after probably 2 years break. This was in my back yard, I was in the barn... set the caller up about 75 out. Started off with a female long howl a few times. Then about 10 minute break and hit the titmouse tantrum. Didn't take him long. I wasn't 100% sure it was a yote until he turned and hopped. We occasionally get a fox and I don't want to shoot those. Didn't seem he wanted to stop, so caught him as he reached the left side of my shooting window ;) 35 pound male, went about 40yds.. easy track in the snow.

What e-caller do you guys use? I want to hunt more, and my old Foxpro FX3 is a bit limited. Looking to upgrade.
got a few we use just depends on the what we're doing. typically run a x24 but also use a icotec outlaw alot. i have magnetic feet on the icotec and i stick it to the roof of the truck many times and we utilize it for locating and sometimes on stand we use it to confuse or even redirect responding coyotes.

Reactions: JCCinOhio
got a few we use just depends on the what we're doing. typically run a x24 but also use a icotec outlaw alot. i have magnetic feet on the icotec and i stick it to the roof of the truck many times and we utilize it for locating and sometimes on stand we use it to confuse or even redirect responding coyotes.
So I guess you'd recommend the X24 over the Shockwave? I'm thinking of upgrading my old FX3.. not that there's anything too horribly wrong with it, just limited on sounds.

36lb beaver. There are 4-5 of them completely destroying my friends creek.

KvPEr7gh.jpg

First few coyotes with the Eotech ELR. I'm using a sideshow GoPro Hero 7, so the video quality is not close to what I see as you probably know.

On the second coyote, showing the video timestamps, I got him at 762 yards. The cold killed my Gopro battery, died about 15-20 seconds prior to the shot and I didn't see it until after. I immediately popped in another battery and filmed him laying dead.

This was a group of small pigs at just shy of 1100 yards. I'm running a 338ultra suppressor, so I can hear impacts pretty well. To my ear it sounded like it hit meat. The one on the end spun a time or two and when they got to the woods he went off to the left and possibly went down. It was drizzling rain at the time of the shot and I wasn't going that far out with rain inbound to check. If he wasn't hit, he knows to stay out of the field.

D9E1243F-6DB4-4CBE-8991-A2D71AB6F151.jpeg

Bum rushed us before I could even hit record. This gal went 100 yards with two blown out front legs and a 87 grain vmax hole in the neck before I connected with the final shot

Was lucky enough to score a double on 2 Hogs. I shot them with a 6.5 Grendel that I built with a Criterion 22' heavy barrel. I have a N-Vision HALO 50 Thermal mounted on this rifle. Hunted my friends property located about 15 miles east of Sarasota, FL.
Hogs Double.jpg

Last edited:
This is one of the larger ones I have killed.
pig edit.jpg

Little different setup for my home range. 6 Creed with 87 g vmax has proven to be pretty good medicine for yotes. Not real fur friendly though.
yote.jpg

Last edited:
Since I set up my backup Impulse rifle in the 20-250 cartridge I haven't been able drop a coyote, but that all changed last weekend.
Shot a 35.5 lb female Sunday Pm and a well fed 49.7 lb mangey male at 12:01 Monday Am.
My buddy spotted the female as we were heading to our stand, but couldn't engage because he didn't turn his scope on.
We followed it through the trees where it met another dog.
After ten minutes of them calling and yapping it up like the typical female of any species on this planet, we set up where we had a semi clear shot into the woods and called them.
I dropped the first one and the second one trotted away in the thick woods.
I attached a short clip of how thick the woods are.
3 12 Dog.jpg

I had to go to work Monday Am, so I was planning on heading out at midnight, but heard something coming in from behind me as I was checking the time on my phone and of course it was a dog.
It almost busted me, but I was behind a tree and after it went over a small rise, I repositioned and started calling again.
It came back so close that I couldn't shoot it, but the wind shifted, it turned and I let the 55 gr Berger do it's thing.
Hunting dogs in the northeast woods gets your blood pumping.
SJC
3 13 Dog.jpg

1EB9CACF-2DC1-4F74-9B1B-4D8B03654B76.jpeg
D31B6351-74F6-46DD-84C1-7036A305754F.jpeg
0F186206-8D14-4254-B5DD-EAFD8929AF18.jpeg
485E7F40-B54F-4308-BDC3-9E01CAA0456F.jpeg
F06132B3-5925-4D3F-BEA5-2D6EB69AE192.jpeg
4F18C0D7-F627-4684-AB98-37976DA0B12C.jpeg

Here’s a little photo dump of a few from this winter. Snow conditions suck, last night I snowshoed in to a spot, took the shoes off and dropped down to my waist. I got my tripod set up as high as it will go (which is close to 7’) and I still had to bend over at the waist to see through the scope haha.

Been running the new Iray Bolt TL35 V2 for a few weeks now and the image is as good or better than my V1 was, and the addition of a built in microphone is a nice feature to have. I’d say battery life is better, but I never had any complaints with the first one either.

I’ve managed to put 14 down for ‘23 so far. Hopefully hit a few more in the next couple weeks then I’ll give them a little break until July/august.

You are undoubtedly a brave man. Moving around at night in what appears to be moderate to taller grass during the spring and summer under NV without snake legging protection. I'm a chicken little. Snake protection to the max for me when out in the hinterlands.

Reactions: rlsmith1