• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NV and thermal kills...

Knocked over 2 early this morning. I recently started shooting a 160TTSX @2900, and so far it does better with doubles than the Accubonds I was using. It deflects less when going through the 1st hog, and all of the secondary targets have dropped on the spot. That’s with a small sample size of 3 pairs. Video in slow motion, otherwise it’s all a blur.
CDB7A567-D43B-451D-9DB0-5CBB9CEEFD41.jpeg

Knocked over 2 early this morning. I recently started shooting a 160TTSX @2900, and so far it does better with doubles than the Accubonds I was using. It deflects less when going through the 1st hog, and all of the secondary targets have dropped on the spot. That’s with a small sample size of 3 pairs. Video in slow motion, otherwise it’s all a blur.
View attachment 7480317

What caliber you shooting?

3x down last night after a buddy’s girlfriend had a crazy run-in the day before trying to get dogs and horses in. Good excuse to rally the boys while the governor had all our bars shut down on turkey-day-eve. COTI and Accolade 2 were key for spotting them out to about 470, shots taken with -30 between 140 and 180.
56B3B453-CC17-4F3F-BBB9-2D662023EE1E.jpeg
8B525DF1-F93A-40EA-9FB7-6649EA3E26D3.jpeg
BDD629AB-12A7-4EA2-B070-824EA6DBB4E6.jpeg

Spotted at 200 yards, trotting in the opposite direction but up wind. Lip squeaked and it stopped and looked back. Squeaked again and it cam running hard! At 75 yards i woofed at it twice to get it to stop, which it only slowed. Good enough. 55gr vmax at 3,000 fps went through and cut the front leg nearly off.

want to give a shout out to sgt of arms. Their barrels from t-box are insane. Been getting sub moa accuracy out of all 3 of these barrels with hand loads and some factory. Its a 12.5” midlength gas system chambered in 5.56 and flinging vmax 55gr at 3,000. Now i gotta remember the load data so i can make some more!

second coyote i have taken with this setup. First one was 300 yards. I like the speed of the old spartan tripod(discontinued) and this tripod weighs just over a pound. Bout to buy their sentinel woodland.

no i am not sponsored by anyone, just love my setup.

Attachments

• FD2E432C-51AC-4076-843B-DB57C2C84F5C.jpeg
    FD2E432C-51AC-4076-843B-DB57C2C84F5C.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 71
  • A867F566-1772-4AB6-9BEF-A40B2485557F.jpeg
    A867F566-1772-4AB6-9BEF-A40B2485557F.jpeg
    421.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 412A67EC-ED1E-4027-97DA-A6AF528AA6EA.jpeg
    412A67EC-ED1E-4027-97DA-A6AF528AA6EA.jpeg
    414.5 KB · Views: 54
This is the 300 yarder. Man, i dont know what id do without thermal in my life. It has opened my eyes to whats really out there in the dark. My property gets deer and elk, fox, coyotes, skunk, javalina, bla bla bla but even with stupid bright lights or nv with ir torches i missed 95% of whats out there. I also realized i am infested with rabbits. If shtf, i could in theory feed a small army with the rabbit population. One field had at least 100 rabbits all within 100 yards.

Attachments

• A3CE1C7E-3D38-4147-9D83-76B7C3CCB78A.jpeg
    A3CE1C7E-3D38-4147-9D83-76B7C3CCB78A.jpeg
    512.9 KB · Views: 39
This is the 300 yarder. Man, i dont know what id do without thermal in my life. It has opened my eyes to whats really out there in the dark. My property gets deer and elk, fox, coyotes, skunk, javalina, bla bla bla but even with stupid bright lights or nv with ir torches i missed 95% of whats out there. I also realized i am infested with rabbits. If shtf, i could in theory feed a small army with the rabbit population. One field had at least 100 rabbits all within 100 yards.

Might want to look up rabbit starvation. Not enough fat to live on

Reactions: Jgunner
Hmmmmmmm...I wonder what could keep the rabbits in check??? LOL.

I had a resurgence on this place too when I started really thinning out coyotes after I lost a calf. Now I try to play the balancing act. The problem with coyotes is that they never just stick to rabbits. Bastards.

Got a night Coyote shooting Pic. ..But it not mine ( friends mine ) . Here is the story . It a real good example for, the basics of just getting it done with what you got.

Last week Coyote gets the schedule down for family letting the dog out for it's piss breaks . Coyote stalks, attacks family's little dog and carries it off to eat it . Mom goes after the Coyote with foot chase , and Coyote drop the dog. Dog goes to Vet. all tore-up and into surgery and very luckily she makes it and is recovering .
-
Coyote Food.jpg

-

So the son that never hunted Coyotes till this week gets a plan and seeks to get revenge for the family dog. He takes his low-end on-sale like DD build AR15 lightweight, with a real low-end Leupold, low-variableX with 32 obj. with real crappy eyebox and mounts it to AR. He cant afford NV, but he takes a Flashlight and tapes it to the AR in case of a shot in the dark comes into play.
So tonight he seen the Coyote out in back of the house, and then grabs the AR and climbs to the top of roof of the house. Hits the flashlight beam on the Coyote and popped the coyote .
-
flashlight tape AR.jpg

-

Last edited:
Got a night Coyote shooting Pic. ..But it not mine . Here is the story . It a real good example for, the basics of just getting it done with what you got.

Last week Coyote gets the schedule down for family letting the dog out for it's piss breaks . Coyote stalks, attacks family's little dog and carries it off to eat it . Mom goes after the Coyote with foot chase , and Coyote drop the dog. Dog goes to Vet. all tore-up and into surgery and very luckily she makes it and is recovering .
-
So the son that never hunted Coyotes till this week gets a plan and seeks to get revenge for the family dog. He takes his low-end on-sale like DD build AR15 lightweight, with a real low-end Leupold, low-variableX with 32 obj. with real crappy eyebox and mounts it to AR. He cant afford NV, but he takes a Flashlight and tapes it to the AR in case of a shot in the dark comes into play.
So tonight he seen the Coyote out in back of the house, and then grabs the AR and climbs to the top of roof of the house. Hits the flashlight beam on the Coyote and popped the coyote .
-
-
Thanks for sharing this story. Glad family pet is recovering, and it made my day to hear how your boy sought and found justice using what he had.

Thanks for sharing this story. Glad family pet is recovering, and it made my day to hear how your boy sought and found justice using what he had.
-
Not my son... I should have been more clear with the 1st sentence of the post . but they just family friends of ours. But the kid is pretty hooked on wanting to hunt coyotes now.

What external battery are you using for the Hogster?
I am using the TRB from Night Goggles. Runs it about 10 hours. You can use any 5V battery pack and connect it via a USB-C cable but the TRB units are very nice.

Here is some more footage with the Super Hogster, a little footage of the Phenom, and some digital NV all rolled into one.

I am using the TRB from Night Goggles. Runs it about 10 hours. You can use any 5V battery pack and connect it via a USB-C cable but the TRB units are very nice.

Here is some more footage with the Super Hogster, a little footage of the Phenom, and some digital NV all rolled into one.

TRB is backordered. I will just order an external pack from Amazon in the mean time.

Solid vid.

This one came out about 4am Friday morning. He has been in and out for several weeks but I could never get on the same schedule. He tore up my pond levee and around the fire pit. He took 1 hit from 120 gr SST and never took a step. I wanted to move him from the edge of the feeder in case more would come in. I pulled on a back leg one time and said no way. Got a tape when the sun came up and he taped out at 285#. The left side cutter was broken but the top tooth seemed very large. The right side cutter was over 2".

Attachments

• IMG_0934.jpg
    IMG_0934.jpg
    694.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5071.JPG
    IMG_5071.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5072.JPG
    IMG_5072.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5075.JPG
    IMG_5075.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_5086.JPG
    IMG_5086.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
This one came out about 4am Friday morning. He has been in and out for several weeks but I could never get on the same schedule. He tore up my pond levee and around the fire pit. He took 1 hit from 120 gr SST and never took a step. I wanted to move him from the edge of the feeder in case more would come in. I pulled on a back leg one time and said no way. Got a tape when the sun came up and he taped out at 285#. The left side cutter was broken but the top tooth seemed very large. The right side cutter was over 2".
I see his old battle scars. They are not the most friendly creatures. Eat, sex & fight is their life. Rest in peace smelly hog.

Man, I didn't realize I'd get so rusty after only a month off. Last night was a night of follies. From falling into rooting damage, to touching off a round before I intended (frozen finger from water in rooting damage), to getting busted trying to sneak through frozen puddles.

Fortunately I managed to kill everything I saw...I just looked like a rookie doing it.

Man, I didn't realize I'd get so rusty after only a month off. Last night was a night of follies. From falling into rooting damage, to touching off a round before I intended (frozen finger from water in rooting damage), to getting busted trying to sneak through frozen puddles.

Fortunately I managed to kill everything I saw...I just looked like a rookie doing it.

Nice recovery. I gave a hog a warning shot earlier this year after installing a new trigger, but mine got away.

7 coyotes in less then 3 hours out on a full moon night. I used to like full moon nights when I couldn’t afford thermal and had knights pvs 30. Now that I got over those road blocks the darker the better.

Attachments

• EA24DB95-FFA2-41F2-AE34-3DEBEB585154.jpeg
    EA24DB95-FFA2-41F2-AE34-3DEBEB585154.jpeg
    701.1 KB · Views: 50