• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NV mate for eotech

B-boy

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2011
Hello everyone. My brother just bought an Eotech 553 for his AR. I was thinking about buying him a late Christmas present. I honstly have to say I know nothing about NV optics. All I do know is that his Eotech is NV compatiable. What would the experts suggest I should buy him to mate to his Eotech for hog hunts at night ? I don't want to spend too much as he will only be using this set up a few times a year. If you could please post model and average cost, if you know, I would appreciate it. Thanks again and Happy New Year everyone !!

Re: NV mate for eotech

you are gonna have somewhere around 2k-3k for anything worth its salt for true tandem use. a used pvs-14 or mum is the best way to go for the money. if i were jumoing in i would probably jump on a pvs-4 which will do you no good with an eotech but is a decent unit for around 1500 or so.

Anyone else with suggestions for a NV mate for the Eotech ?

Tks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 357/308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone else with suggestions for a NV mate for the Eotech ?

Tks </div></div>

Suitable NV costs around $2k and upwards... Gen1 just doesn't work very well - it's OK during a full moon, but won't work at all without a moon under most circumstances.

Gen2 starts around $2000, and is good for what you want, but not cheap.

Regards
David

We carry Hi perfromance units in stock, But for my kids to play with and learn how to handle Night Vision I built them a couple of GEN3 64lpi/Gated Units, These are hi performance with some blems in zone 1, These will be just right for EOTECH/Aimpoint piggy-back I have the weapons mounts also. Give me a shout if you want to talk about them price would be right.My kids are useing current L3 PVS14 units now, They want to have better kit than the other kids
wink.gif
Arms Race....

You must be a US citizen .