• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Nv on a shoe string budget

huckelberryhound22

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2014
Michigan
As the title states I have 2000 max to work with that being the case Im looking at Armasight Sirius and nyx gen 2 + models or having a pvs 14 built with used Image intensifier tube. Am I wasting my money on gen 2+? Any expierence/advice on buying used tubes for pvs 14? Open to other suggestions as well

Look around, you can find used PVS14 in your range. Just make sure to get the spec sheet and have people that know what you're looking at to determine if its GTG or not.

What are you going to be using it for? I was in the same boat and found a good deal on an nyx gen2+. I had never used NV but was pretty impressed right out of the gate (ignorance may be bliss) on the performance vs some of the stuff I had read. I use it for hunting and general navigation at night and it works great.

I’m sure gen 3 is better but I’m not kicking in doors and on a short budget it has worked great.