• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Nvg 40 or Pvs14

jMarine

YUUUT!
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2022
Alabama
Just looking for insight on which is a better choice to invest in. I have been going back and forth between a WP Pvs14 or spending a little extra for a NVG40 from Kosher. I was pretty committed to the 14’s until I stumbled across the 40’s. Are they worth the 500-1000 more?

If you’re going with a monocular, stick with a Carson PVS-14. Do not go with AGM/ATN/FunkyNewThang.

Reactions: Lowdown3
Yeah I was pretty set on the TNVC (for no reason in particular other than other people's suggestions and feedback). I just didnt know if something like the TNVC PVS14, or Carson, would be inferior to the AGM NVG40; besides some of the obvious perks associated to running "duals vs mono." I think I am still pretty set on monos, I just was looking for some feedback if it was worth forking out a few more coins for NVG40's. I am assuming if I should stay from AGM 14s, safe to bet I should stay away from these 40's? I guess the straight forward question is: "Is it worth $4,500 for the AGM NVG40 just for the sake of getting a set of duals, or is it a better investment to spend $3,500 on some white phosphorus TNVC or Carson 14's?"

Binos beat duals, but it’s all about the tubes. L3 WP are where it’s at.

Reactions: MARPAT
Yeah for sure. Is AGM 40's with L3 tubes (even though they are green phos) a decent choice or something I will regret? 3500 was my budget to get into nods, for the optic itself (I've already picked up helmet, G24, and other support gear), but I would be willing to stretch it out to 4500 for these AGM NVG40's with L3 green tubes if the extra 1k is really worth it. I wish I could afford the PVS31's!!!! Thanks for the input

There are people in reputable shops selling unfilmed WP tubes in PVS14 packages from anywhere between 2500-5000 depending on the manufacturer and the specs of the tube.

If you buy a GP tube today and look at a white you're going to kick yourself in the ass.

Get a white phosphor tube. The L3 unfilmed WP tubes are top of the line, the factory 14s are running around $5k right now.

I'd rather see you get an unfilmed WP tube of another brand than a freaking green tube today.

If you can make $3500-4500 work there's no reason you can't get a PVS14 from a reputable shop with an L3 wp tube in it. Look around more.

Reactions: TheHorta
There are people in reputable shops selling unfilmed WP tubes in PVS14 packages from anywhere between 2500-5000 depending on the manufacturer and the specs of the tube.

If you buy a GP tube today and look at a white you're going to kick yourself in the ass.

Get a white phosphor tube. The L3 unfilmed WP tubes are top of the line, the factory 14s are running around $5k right now.

I'd rather see you get an unfilmed WP tube of another brand than a freaking green tube today.

If you can make $3500-4500 work there's no reason you can't get a PVS14 from a reputable shop with an L3 wp tube in it. Look around more.
yeah I've looked at the WP Carson and TNVC PVS14's which are in my budget for sure. My question was more in regards into spending another grand for binos, but the binos would be L3 green tubes. And this 1k more would be solely to get into a set of binos as opposed to a monocular.

3500 for WP 14's or 4500 for GP NVG40 binos

Binos have the same field of view. Binos are better for other reasons but a good set of binos should be running you upwards of $10k

If you're getting a set for $4500 ask yourself why, and it's not just the difference between WP and GP, that might knock a few grand off but not more than half.

See what Horta says I'd go WP14