• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes NXS 2.5-10 x 32 questions

workingman1976

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2007
Eastern Pennsylvania
I am building a 18 inch SPR in 5.56. I am interested in the NF NXS 2.5-10 x 32. The Velocity reticle calculator stated I should get the Velocity 600. I personally like how the Velocity 1000 looks over the 600. I also like the mil dot reticles as well. I normally use Aimpoints, and ACOGS. This will be my 1st SPR build, and my 1st NF optic. Ammo I will be using is Federal Gold Metal Match 77 grain, and other 75 to 77 grain ammo. Please any feed back on this would be helpful in my optic choice. Also feed back on use of the Velocity 600 pros and cons would be helpful. thanks

Re: NXS 2.5-10 x 32 questions

Good scope from CQB out to around 500-yards clearly, beyond that it's fuzzy out to 800-yards. Beyond 800-yards, you'll want a true long range precision scope. I have the MilDot in my 2.5-10x32, and it's a good reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alpine 338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good scope from CQB out to around 500-yards clearly, beyond that it's fuzzy out to 800-yards. Beyond 800-yards, you'll want a true long range precision scope. I have the MilDot in my 2.5-10x32, and it's a good reticle. </div></div>

I been looking at the 2.5x10 mildot and its 150 dollar cheaper as well

I run a 2.5-10x24 NXS mil-dot on my 18inch upper, my favorite optic, great reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run a 2.5-10x24 NXS mil-dot on my 18inch upper, my favorite optic, great reticle. </div></div>

Can you give me some feed back on the optic? Pictures etc?

I post pics of this rifle any chance I get, and you asked for it so it's an even better reason to post it.

IMG_0954.jpg

This scope has the NP-R2 reticule and I love it. My larger 3.5-15x50 has an NP-R1 reticule to match it. I've never used a velocity reticule so I can't give any advice on it. I've shot this rifle/scope out to 1000 yards and I've never noticed any fuzzieness/clarity problems. I mostly shoot hand-loads out of it and occasionally nato 62gr. I've been keeping a data book on it so I never really looked into the velocity reticules.

thanks that is almost the exact setup i am going for, except I am going to get either a Larue rail or DD RIS II M4A1 rail, and a AAC 51T brake for my M4 2000

Get the Mil-Dot reticle and learn to use it. You'll be glad you did

Picture007-2.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

I have the LV ret. in the 2.5-10x32 and find it to be most excellent....super fast, and very accurate.

DSC01388-1.jpg

I have the NP-R2 and like it a lot. I'm not a fan of the velocity reticles since they can change from temp, altitude, etc. As far as mil-dot I'd like one with the mil turrets, but know MOA measurements better, so that's why I went with the NP-R2.

Also the 10x power at max is enough to get out to 1k. I know a guy who shoots a Leupold with 10x at the max and shoots at 1k. He's an amazing shooter to boot, but I know it can be done. Most of his shooting is within 200 yards, but can make 1k shots. Personally if most shots are far out then go with more mag, if they are 500 or in I believe the 2.5-10 is great.

Good pick with optics also this scope has grown on me so much I am actually debating on getting it painted. Never would have done this with my other NF's.

I highly recommend getting the turrets with zero-stop. It's best way to keep track of how many turns you've made.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Armedserenity</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am building a 18 inch SPR in 5.56. I am interested in the NF NXS 2.5-10 x 32. The Velocity reticle calculator stated I should get the Velocity 600. I personally like how the Velocity 1000 looks over the 600. </div></div>

If I was going to spend $1600 on a scope, I'd definitely get the coolest looking reticle available!!
The velocity reticle calculator on the NF website don't know diddly squat. The Velocity 1000 is definitely the most appropriate cool looking reticle for the 5.56 caliber!

The rifle, by no means pretty, but shes accurate and thats all I care about.
IMG_0775.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Armedserenity here you are illuminated and non illuminated
reticle002.jpg

reticle001.jpg
</div></div>

I really like this reticle I think this is what I am going to get.

I run a 2.5 x 10 24 mm NF w/ NRP2 on a 18 1/2 inch AR. I shoot out to 600 pretty regularly and love the scope and reticle... I like stay matched MOA/MOA. I to understand MOA better that MIL because I grew up with it. I tried to covert and went back to moa. I have the same scope and reticle on a light 308 except it's 32 mm that I run out to 1000 occationally. I never have had trouble with fuzziness at any range. (try focusing you reticle )On hot days the mirage is less apparent with this scope than my S&B 5x25 at 4oo plus. You can't go wrong whit NF on anything. I have been playing with a velocity reticle in another brand. It's fun and works pretty darn good but I don't think you can be as precise as measuring and turning dials. Double L

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the most appropriate cool looking reticle for the 5.56 caliber!
</div></div>

I would never suggest you don't belong way up there on your horse, but eyes vary on utility of different reticles. Some eyes like circles and hate horseshoes. CDI has nothing to do with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MWDG3</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the most appropriate cool looking reticle for the 5.56 caliber!
</div></div>

I would never suggest you don't belong way up there on your horse, but eyes vary on utility of different reticles. Some eyes like circles and hate horseshoes. CDI has nothing to do with it. </div></div>

Sorry, just kidding around.

My next one will be have the mildot reticle and ZS mil turrets.
The velocity reticles are fine though. You can always disregard the hold overs if they don't match the ammo you are shooting and dial your hold using the center cross hair and the turrets. I've hit plates out to 945 yards dialing turrets on a 2.5-10x32 with a Velocity 600 reticle.