• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NXS -removed Turret...oops!

picone

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2006
So Cal
So I went to zero my NXS elevation turret for the first time and pulled it all the way off. Has anyone done this? Is there a pin that goes in it that I am now missing?

Re: NXS -removed Turret...oops!

???

put it back on and just tighten down the screws you loosened.

Did you tighten the screw in? Unless tightened the knob will just spin.

Probably not as simple as your set screw was loose and you just pulled the cap off...................need a little more info?

Did you loosen the brass screw (w/ a slotted screwdriver) that is in the center of the turret (this would be under the turret)? Or the small allen set screw that just holds the turret on?

I consulted a nice fellow at the range and he said to just tighten the set screw more. I did and was able to shoot the remainder of the day. No issue. Turned into a great day shooting.

I did NOT loosen anything under the cap. When you pull the turret off, it sure looks like a little pin is supposed to go in there, but I couldn't figure out how it would actually work. seems the set screw is all that holds it on and you need to tighten it enough to divit the brass a slight bit. I'm gunna call nightforce to confirm. Thanks all.