• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

O/T O/O town for the next week or two.

Greg Langelius *

Resident Elder Fart
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2001
AZ
Travelling in the Williamsburg VA area next week; departing tomorrow. My contact with SH will be sporadic during this trip. Not to worry. Family vacation, as usual; the ladies have me booked up so tight I will hardly have spare time left to blink.

Greg

Re: O/T O/O town for the next week or two.

sounds like fun! have a good time on vacation!

Do you think anyone really care, Langelius?
laugh.gif

Just kidding. Even though I know you dont like me, and my posts, I live just up the road in Charlottesville. If you have some time and can get away, come on up and Ill give you and yours the tour of The University of Virginia, and Monticello, Jefferson's home. Both are World Historic Landmarks and in my opinion better to see than Williamsburg. Supper on me. If you have time you might want to head up to Quantico for a little shooting fun.

Have a safe great trip. Virginia is a wonderful place to live.

M;

I do not dislike you; although sometimes I do get a bit wound up over some of your posts. That's my failure, not yours; part of an area in my personality that still might benefit from some renovation.

I was based at Quantico in 1967, 68; during my final assignment before separation from The Corps, and had a week's opportunity to shoot with the MC Teams out of the Garand Road facilities in the mid 90's.

My family has visited Monticello, Mount Vernon, Williamsburg, and Yorktown many tmes, as well as Busch, etc.; and we've camped many time in Shenandoah (the bears make that interesting)

As much as I would like to take you up, my ladies get kinda obsessive about planning things that mesh like fine clockwork. The odds actually favor an overful schedule right from the start. Earlier this year in Disney, I had to seperate from the famaily more than once, and ride my scooter, monorail, and bus back to the room on my own when the pace got a bit too long and strong for the like of ole me. So I think I'll need to wait until next time, and figure you in from the start. I'm positive we'd enjoy such.

Good fortune, and hold down the fort in my absence. I may get the occasional smidge of comp/net time during the excursion.

Stand at ease....

Greg

^^^^^

Fair enough, have fun.

Back.

Stayed in Willamsburg (Powhatan Resort) until Wed, on an American Legion/RSI package deal, basically a timeshare come-on. Did a lot of walking, which I'm not used to doing. Toured Colonial Williamsburg (met up there with one of my former Scouts who's now a Coast Guardsman).

Also toured Jamestown Island. Did the auto tour of Yorktown battlefield; some day I'm going back to do it on foot. Then did Busch Gardens Mon, lotta up and down there.

By then I was using a nice sassafras walking stick I'd picked up at the gift shop on Jamestown Island. I was pushing myself way beyond my usual physical limits, maybe even taking some chances, but I also figured that it was worth some risk. Must have worked but I got pretty frayed in the process, too.

By Mon night I was pretty whipped, so I took Tuesday off alone back at the room and started watching the Game of Thrones season one DVDs while the rest went to shop at Wlliamsburg Pottery.

Come Wednesday, the family wanted to move out, so we headed home. Got stuck in stop and go Beltway traffic around DC at rush
hour for the second time in a week. DC traffic sucks, nothing more to say. I must work on my anger management.

Approaching Gettysburg about suppertime, we pounced on the idea of a stayover there. Found rooms at the Travelodge right at Steinwehr and Baltimore, even managed to extend for another night. Gettysburg was great, as usual; and being able to leave the car at the hotel and simply set out on foot was a very pleasant change.

In addition to the usual historical stuff, I managed to do some shopping at a surplus place on Rt15 just off the town center circle, found a repro Garand Rifle Belt to replace one I lent out that never found its way back home.

I forced myself to walk along everywhere. Celia has her own new electric scooter. The walking made a huge difference in my fitness level, will be picking up and pushing myself further from there. There might be a chance to restore some of what this da**ed heart condition has made me lose. At least it's worth a try.

Also, Celia is doing Phys Fitness Rehab twice each week and showing noticeable improvement.

Back home before sunset Friday, in time to see the Sprint Cup Qualifying. Will be alternatively kicking back and unpacking for the weekend.

Fabulous vacation; but as usual, we're all a bit fried.

Greg

Supper on me. If you have time you might want to head up to Quantico for a little shooting fun.
g.gif