• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Octane with booster on .22lr rifle?

kthomas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
I'm fairly new to the suppressor game, so excuse the ignorant question.

Just got an Octane 45 HD approved and in my possession, and it's currently configured with a piston to be used on my VP9. However, I want to shoot it on my .22lr ar15, but I don't have a spacer to de-activate the booster. Do I need to wait until I have a spacer to shoot it on my ar15 (.22 LR), or can I shoot it as is without worrying about damaging the suppressor?

Thanks

Probably not enough recoil energy with the .22 to get the can to move against the spring and, once you get some lead built up inside, the piston's gonna lock up tight anyways (which is bad).

Reactions: kthomas
Get a dedicated .22lr can so you can clean all the lead and carbon out of your baffles, you’re missing out on that joy.

The Octane 45 HD does come apart, so I can clean it. But at some point I will get a dedicated can. This suppressor is mostly going to be shot in a 9mm anyways.

I definitely do plan on getting a spacer, was just curious if I was able to take a few shots in the meantime without any issues, not any sort of volume shooting.

Took a few shots today, that's going to be it until I get a spacer.