• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

odd question. did your beans get more expensive?

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka
just curious. i noticed that over a week or two that a pound of pinto beans went from 1.19-1.29 to 1.59-1.65 at the three stores i shop at. is there a bean rush, blight, or boom that i didnt hear about??

Re: odd question. did your beans get more expensive?

The "bean boom" is usually post-consumption.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qpB3ME_Xem0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qpB3ME_Xem0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

veer i cant find my favorite quote from that movie, lol, but there are so many

maybe its in here... yup 2:00 in, this is for you veer

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cZ35j82t3mY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cZ35j82t3mY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">veer i cant find my favorite quote from that movie, lol, but there are so many </div></div>

That's okay, I got SurgeonPredator in the SB earlier today with the "schnitzengruben limit" line.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw a little jump in cost when I bought three beans for my chili last week </div></div>
Inquiring minds want to know; Just why did Switchy buy beans for his chili? Everyone knows chili is not made with beans. Bait?????

Beans stay the same when you buy from the $0.99 store.
laugh.gif

logo.png

now here we go. there is chili. there is chilie or chile. and there is chili with beans. ill take some of either. dont make me post pictures, lol

also, what about bacon? the "store" brand was 12 oz for 1.79 last month. now its 2.99 for the same 12 oz package

It's to keep potential snipers from getting gas out in the field and giving away their location.
smile.gif

Yep bacon has almost doubled in price. There has been a shortage of pork bellies, and therefore a shotage of bacon. Hog farmers cut back on production when prices go down. Law of supply and demand

dont know maybe beans is the new meat in a recession? i did notice dinty more has went up tho, damn you marky mark.

We like beans in chili. Three kinds of beans, pork, beef, chicken, four kinds of hot peppers, onions, garlic, then put that stuff over some hot dogs and mac an cheeze and have at it. Of course watching TV afterwords is a little upsetting for Panty 6 since she gets it in stereo from and the boys who sit on either side of her

I've never had chili sans beans before......I'm not sure I could get into that.

ive only seen chili without beans used on hotdogs. my gram called them chili beans. chile was something totally different in my house even though it sounded like chili it was not the same. all i ever had was chili beans. we used pinto, not kidney, ground beef and beans, tomatoes and onions and spices. anyway, it was later in life that i first encountered the chili/chili beans controversy, lol, to which i added chile to the mix

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EmergencyNrse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beans stay the same when you buy from the $0.99 store.
laugh.gif

logo.png
</div></div>

even at our dollar general and family dollar they are still higher.

on that note, here is how they work. i love candy, chocolate especially. i like the little mini bars that were 10 in a pacl for a dollar. great snacks and trail handy. anyway, 10 little snickers for a dollar, a bargain. well then they went up to $1.50 one day. well mind you its not the mere fifty cents. that itself is disturbing as its a 50% price increase, but now its not a dollar at the dollar store. so about a month later they were back at a dollar. whew, we won! the consumers voice was heard! except now its an 8 bar pack, lol. that and once i needed mouse poison. they said they didnt have it at the time. i asked why? they said its a seasonal item. i said reeeeeeeaaaally? but i could not talk them into coming over to my house to tell the mice that they were seasonal and needed to move on

As long as it doesn't have noodles in it............that shit pisses me off!

Might have to do with the fuel prices too.
(just jumped .10 in the last week $3.10)
Farm reports have been saying bellies were going to go up.
Pork shoulders are still about right for seasonal adjustment.

Chili for dogs, no beans.
Chili for having a couple bowls needs beans.
What the hell good is having chili in the winter up here, if you can't make some gas?

My .02

beans are deceitful...they talk behind your back

It's fuel charges, just like can food going up .15 -.50 per can last year, and imho, food will keep going up because of UN climate change oversight combined with genetically manipulated, high production planting. The plants lack the genetic resistance to disease and regional climate differences that heirloom seeds have, so more crops fail. Atleast when they grow properly, about every third year, you get 2x's as much harvest...the problem when gardeners/academics tell farmers how to produce.