• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odessa FV 200yd F-Class results

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
A note-worthy day for us here in Odessa <span style="font-style: italic">much </span> better weather than New York State has seen all week.

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-Open </span>

1. Rob 200-27V

2. STP 196-17V

3. Greg 183-9V

4. JdaSr. 179-8V

<span style="font-weight: bold">F-TR </span>

1. KMussack 198-20V

2. Kasumi 193-11V

3. Todd 191-15V

4. Dan 189-18V

5. Rero360 181-8V

6. Jim R 172-5V

You`ll note that Rob posted our first PS score today. An Open class gun may not be the real surprise. But to those of us that have been trying to do so (in <span style="font-style: italic">either </span> class), it has been a surprise it`s taken so long!

It`s "F-Class" at only 200 yards, right?

I can`t offer a plausible explanation. We have a well rounded group that covers nearly all the catagories of shooters, from the woodchuck hunter to the seasoned BR shooter. It`s been a great deal of fun to mix with all of these people. The "social" aspect we enjoy here includes helping each other, not unlike other venues. No surprise with that.

I asked Rob for some specifics of his 6PPC...

Stolle Panda action/Hart 14 twist/Bart`s 68gr Ultras

His 3rd match with us...

Well done Rob!!

Kudos to KMussack as well!

grin.gif

Thanks to all that shot with us today.

Scott

Re: Odessa FV 200yd F-Class results

To such a horrible horrible start to the morning I can't say thanks enough Scott for the help. I was ready to pack it up and go home! But I guess it panned out alright, I am happy with the over all results.

Todd

Scott; Thanks again for hosting a great match. The first perfect score of 200, congrats to Rob! It was fun to watch it develop, Congrats to KMussack too in the F-TR class.

My GAP Crusader was hammering them in there and I was pleased. My second best score of the year. But never quite enough to edge KMussack out of first place.

On the way home we discovered the Rooster Fish Brewing Co. The Amber Ale & Philly Steak topped the day off. Can't wait to do it all again!

When I got home and logged on my wife says who the heck is "Kasumi" ? I said its me, and she replies what does it mean? It means "Mist" in Japanese, she says, are you sure it don't mean "missed"?

oh, I am so burning her steak tonight !

My results continue to find improvement. The new load worked very well once the barrel got hotter, but still needs work.

Went home early, got Celia squared away, then grabbed some social time at the VFW.

The second round ladder test loads still need to be fired, and I sure this will help. I intend to go over the rifle again, just to rule out any oddness. Still getting flyers, and the environment is not the issue, not when perfect scores are being fired the same day. I'm definitely part of the problem, and I want to examine the crown with some magnification. I seriously doubt there's any problem with the crown, but I just want to rule that out.

Greg

Well, I missed a good one. Lots of good shooting there! Maybe I'll get to witness more of that in a few weeks? Nice shooting guys.

I had a great time, shot horribly at first, blame that on absloutely no trigger time since early July. Once I got settled down and into the zone I was doing alright, only lost one point on the last string on 10 rounds, now I just need to do that or better on every target.

I could'nt make this one, but congradulations to Rob on his 200 score. I'm looking forward to next year already Scotty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falconer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could'nt make this one, but congradulations to Rob on his 200 score. I'm looking forward to next year already Scotty. </div></div>

Put away those winter thoughts; we're shooting a mid October match, the first Saturday of November, mid November...get the snowmobile suits out for Dec. Upstate shooters only take Jan & Feb off for F-Class, we'll shoot Garands all Winter long!

Yep, we plan to go into December...`sides, we have plenty of firewood for both the stove in the meeting room ("ready-room" when it`s cold outside) and the indoor range combo furnace.

Many thanks for all the help putting the wood inside Saturday before we started the match. You are all a great group of folks.

Scott