• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup Official 2012 Sniper's Hide Cup

Re: Official 2012 Sniper's Hide Cup

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cazorp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would definitely be a worthy vacation if I get to choose.

Any idea on how cumbersome his paperwork was for getting the rifle through customs in the US?</div></div>

Not much, I gave him a letter from the event, he seemed pleased with the process.

Rob,

Too many liked the pistol and the scoring breaks any potential ties...
smile.gif
I was ready to throw out the pistol and said so, but we had a bunch of positive pistol feedback.

I dont know where to start with the thank you's. Frank, Ray, Zak and the whole RO crew you guys are top notch. The match was very challenging but at the same time very fun to shoot. A huge thank you to the Willis family for letting us invade your ranch, you have an amazing place. The sponsors really went above and beyond this time, thank you so much for supporting and helpng grow our sport.

One of the best parts of a shoot like this is the people you get to meet. All the guys in my squad I had never met before, but after three days shooting with them I have several new shooting buddys. I cant wait for the next one.

You could run a rifle stage under time and do the same thing. But I guess I am out voted so I will pack the pistol and accessories next year.

ray bro you can't be so serious, in vegas you were smiling away
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RayDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm always smiling on the inside. </div></div>
When I squeezed Ray's nipples on the quad ride he smiled a little.

I had the pleasure of being an RO for the match. It was my first match of this type and all I can say is what an experience. All the competitors were great. It was refreshing being around world class competitors who were humble and friendly.
The match went really smooth, well run. I think some of the posts on the prize table understated it. It was impressive. The sponsors stepped up big time.
Most of the all the match couldn't have happened without the ranch owner Travis Wills. What a great guy and a gracious host and I can't leave out Justin Keeler. He will be hosting matches the third Sunday of the month up there so check it out, it is truly an impressive venue. Zak, Ray, Frank and the guys put together a great match, thank you for allowing me to be a part of it.

Man ya'll need to stop with the praise, too many people will want to go next year and I won't be able to get in!

This match and train up were an epic blast. Thanks to Frank, Zak, and Ray for doing so much work to get this setup. Also thanks to G.A.P., Vortex, Mile High Shooting, Score High, Barrett, Nightforce and all the other sponsors who donated to this match. The prize table was incredibly impressive!

Thanks to all the Range Officers who graciously donated their time and resources to this match. You guys were awesome.

Overall this was the most well run match I have been too. The course was challenging but fair. The pacing was good and I enjoyed the downtime between the morning and afternoon sessions.

I enjoyed meeting many new people at this match. Group "3" was comprised of a ton of awesome guys, all friendly, helpful, and many a damn fine shooter to boot. I am planning on making it back next year if I can get in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Next year every one will get in,

I am eliminating the waiting list, you want to shoot it, you're in ! </div></div>

Nice!

What a fantastic venue! I have never before shot a match that was all field-course stages, and now having completed one I understand what makes the shooters out west so good at the skill of spotting, ranging and engaging multiple targets under strict time constraints. I started day one well outside of my comfort zone, but improved each day. By the end of the match I could quickly accomplish all the tasks, get my hits, and forget about the time clock... all too late for it to do me much good on the score sheet, but any match that encourages that kind of geometric skill progression is a great match.

Due to what could only have been a mistake I got squadded with the ‘big boys’, and they were truly a pleasure to watch and to learn from: Thank you Rob, Tony, Wade, Scott, George, Francis, and Pat for letting me observe what was for me a master class in the art of riflery. I came to this match thinking that I was a good shooter. I left with the impression that in your company I am at best mediocre and have so much more to learn.

Thank you, Jim, for the shooting sticks. Thank you Mr. Unknown guy for use of your binos. Thanks to Tony for the laughs, and for volunteering to go first when you saw that I was having a problem. Thanks to Chris, for your consistent displays of sportsmanship despite the odds being against you. Thank you, Kraig, for the benefit of the doubt. And above all thank you to Pat, Scott and George for saving my ass and ranging targets for me that would not register on my laser.

Zak, Ray and Frank: I have shot at world (class) events, and the match itself was as professional, as well thought-out and as well-run as any of them. The ROs did an excellent job (especially the ones who were shanghai'd). Two very minor points of criticism: First, I wish it would have been emphasized in advance what to expect (ie: an all field course match), meaning that one would need binos, a reliable long distance laser and shooting sticks and/or tripod. Second, I would have enjoyed a bit more variety in the stages: Like at an IPSC nationals, a mixture of field courses like the ones we shot, plus ‘standards’ like a challenging cold bore and a few KYL and positional drills, then a few ‘quick and dirty’ stages with emphasis on gun handling and fitness like an obstacle course with some challenging snap engagements from 60-400 yards.

What I love, about where this sport is right now, is that there are creative people all over the country pushing the limits of what is possible at an organized event and striving, each in their own way, to develop this sport and to challenge each shooter to improve regardless of his skill level. When we look back on these years we will probably say that it was a golden age in the development of this kind of shooting.

That said, I am still waiting for the Sniper’s Hide Cup that is to be a field event, shot in teams of two, that requires us to nav, ruck, and shoot, all day, from warning order through briefing to mission completion, with a debrief and the production of a work product by the teams.... Well, it was just a thought.
wink.gif

PS - And thanks to the proprietors of the White Wolf for letting me drown my sorrows in a fine malt beverage called Murphy’s stout, on draft for a paltry sum.
laugh.gif

I had a great time at the match. was as hard and harder than What I had expected. Will be back again. Match ran well. RO's did a great Job. Place was great. All arround a lot of fun and lots of information out there.

On my way Home I got a call from my Son and was told to head straight to the Hospital. that there was a new one on the way early...

0624121426a.jpg

This is Tanner My new Grandson. Born this AM. Will be a few years but I can tell he is a shooter..

Thanks you everyone From the Staff that put this on through the RO's and the competors the info will go a long way.

But most of all I thank the Sponsers that made this match what it is. The top notch products from top notch Companys.

Congrats esromvre!

Graham,

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I try to pack into my one-liner match description what the general parameters of the challenge will be, but this is the kind of stuff we shoot all the time so I could see someone coming with different assumptions and not catching onto a few keywords here and there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That said, I am still waiting for the Sniper’s Hide Cup that is to be a field event, shot in teams of two, that requires us to nav, ruck, and shoot, all day, from warning order through briefing to mission completion, with a debrief and the production of a work product by the teams....</div></div>
We'd love to have SnipersHide involved in the 2012 24-Hour Sniper Adventure Challenge, or future events along the same lines. The SHC and the Steel Safari represent the "tamer" end of the spectrum of events Competition Dynamics has going on or in future plans.

Looks like it was a great time and I am hating work for forcing me to crap away a position!
Is there a complete score sheet posted somewhere?

Zak,

Lawyers never read stuff for the content anyway.
laugh.gif

I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't a fantastic match and that I didn't have a great time; because it rocked, and I did.

People who have never run a match, or never helped run a large event, don't see the effort and the aggravation that the principals endure to make it happen. I can only imagine the time and sweat that it took to place those targets, never mind to create, and think-though, and set-up, then confirm that many stages. You and Ray must have done a metric ton of work to make the match run so smoothly, and that's something not lost on any of us who benefitted from it. We really appreciate your efforts and your enthusiasm.

That said, what really made the match for me was the quality of the people who came: Those I met and those I shot with.

Thanks for a great time!

See you next month for the 24HSAC.

PS - Jon, we missed you! Remember: Work is overrated.
laugh.gif

100_1789.jpg

Part of our squad building range cards.....

It was typical High Desert, chilly in the early AM, and light winds. It all can change in a hurry. It would'nt be any fun it the elements didn't play a part!

100_1792.jpg

Getting ready to heat up the 6XC.....

Searching for steel...that Vector 21 was perfect for this match.

I can't say much more than everybody else has already said. The match was excellently ran and the RO's were great. My wife and I both competed and had a really good time meeting new friends and of course shooting in some excellent country.

We would both like to express our sincere gratitude for ALL of the match sponsors. We would also like to receive a complete list of the match sponsors so we may send our gratitude for their donations to them individually.

N. Allen, it was great meeting you and Norman as well. Levi, Rich, Christian, was our pleasure meeting you guys as well. We are both planning on attending next year as well so we hope to see you guys there again if not sooner than that.

Thanks also to Zak, Frank, Ray, Jeff, and the land owners for putting on the match. We'll be sending AAR comments sometime this next week.

Geb

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now as to my conduct as a range officer:

Any one reading my post on the SH know that I’m and old has been High Power Shooter. In high power I depended quite a bit on mirage.

On my point (D-3) there was quite a bit of wind switching the first day. As everyone who uses mirage knows, you don’t shoot in a boil, which we did have.

I issued an offhand, un-authorized hint by saying to a group of shooters, that I could tell if a shooter was going to miss or not if he/she shot in a boil.

That was meant as a hint, not that I based my calls on mirage instead of actual shooting. I didn’t base any of my calls on mirage, but on the shot.

If any misunderstood, then I apologize. I tried to be as fair as humanly possible, if there was any doubt in my mind as to whether a hit or miss, I always give the benefit of a doubt to the shooter.

</div></div>

Kraig,

Has been my ass! You've got a hell of a set of eyes on you! It was a pleasure shooting next to you! Well done!!

It was highly encourage that all seasoned competitors help any new or first time competitors. What we did is set up a staging area and told the competitors that inside the staging area they were allowed to Locate, Range and plot all target visible from behind the staging area. So what we saw was a much friendly match where the squads worked together in the staging to help locate and range targets.

locate.jpg

locate2.jpg

Not all staging areas were in direct view of the line and once the competitor shot the stage they were not allowed back into the staging area.

So we had "teams" as well as individuals sharing data in a positive way, instead of trying to find ways to only slip information to their respected "Team" or friends. It made for a much more positive atmosphere across the board. It leveled the field for all... odds where, if you asked, you received from your fellow competitor as you waited your turn to shoot. Another great factor was, there was no specific order you were required to shoot in... who ever was ready in the "box" basically got up and shot, and nobody was ever, always going first. As you moved, the ordered rotated.

One of the hardest parts of the match was actually locating the targets and ranging them successfully. Not all the targets were the same size and they were not painted, so really it was up to the competitors to find them.

targets.jpg

Sometimes the angle from the staging area made it difficult to locate the targets once you were on the firing line. Some times not all the targets were visible from the staging area, as well you had to communicate with the Range Officer what target you were shooting and you did not shoot the same target twice from the same location. There were stages where you moved only a few yards which put something like a bush between you and a target forcing the shooter to change positions. What was once shot from prone now required the sitting, kneeling or standing position in order to see and engage the targets. We used the natural terrain to obstruct and Hide several of them targets.

Took a couple of days to post; it's a long drive to SCal.

An Excellent Match! Very challenging, humbling and friendly. Many thanks to Frank & Sniperhide, Zak & Competition Dynamics, all the RO's (especially for their patience and professionalism) and special thanks to the Will's Ranch for the awesome venue.

It was a pleasure to be with such an excellent group of people.

Looking forward to the next one.

Henry Song

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Next year every one will get in,

I am eliminating the waiting list, you want to shoot it, you're in ! </div></div>

Outstanding! Might take a few days to get through everyone at every stage.

Thanks to the entire TBAC and SHC staff and RO's, as well as the Wills Ranch for hosting the event. So much work went into putting this event together and pulling it off, and I'm very grateful for the opportunity to have participated. I had a fantastic time. It was a worthwhile experience and I learned a great deal. This was definitely the most challenging and humbling rifle match I've ever participated in. The train up was very useful and fun, and I met some fantastic people who I hope to maintain contact with and have friendships with over the years. Lastly, thank you to all the vendors who provided one of the most amazing prize tables I've ever seen.

Cheers,

Christian

Finally settled back in and have some free time to write.

All I can say is WOW!!! Frank, Zak, Ray and all the CD crew I want to say thanks for a great match and a great time. I was very impressed with how fast, smooth, and efficient the match ran.

I have shot a lot of these matches and I am very happy to see the match format go back to a practical, real world format that focuses on precision rifle and not a hybrid of precision/3 gun. I do enjoy both formats but over the last 6 years I have felt that the match COF’s have changed to more circus type shots or setup to quickly drive round counts up in order to reach some magic number.

Every match we go to they all have their special things that make them fun, unique, and challenging that’s why we always go back for more.

The format of this match ranked up in the top 3 matches I have ever shot!!! I felt like I was back in the Corps working a FFP finding targets and ranging them and taking them down.

The facility is top notch. There is nothing better then shooting in wide open natural terrain that offers mountains, hills, valleys, to hide and place targets for shooters to seek out, range, and shoot in whatever position they can build and engage from. The best part was every section we went to shoot offered multiple challenges that had totally opposite wind challenges from the last section. This is something you can’t get when we shoot on square ranges.

I really enjoyed the match format, scoring, and how things ran.

Douglas Wyoming as a town might not be much fun, but the ranch up there offers something most shooters will never ever get to experience in their shooting careers unless they go there.

Thank you to all the great sponsors for supporting SH and the SH Cup your donations do not go unnoticed!!

Congrats to Wade he rocked the match from start to finish, it was impressive!

I had the most fun at this match. The rest of the season has been stuffy, nit picky, and painful to say the least. It was awesome to be on the mountain with the guys I have shot with for so long. Guys being guys, everyone working hard, shooting and sharing info, cheering each other on and learning from each other.

I cant wait to register for next years match!!

+1 to all of the positive input I've read here about the match, staff, and location; simplified so as not to be repetitive.

I come from a heavy background of competitive shotgunning and target setting for Sporting Clays and FITASC. I've had the honor of competing on Team USA at 4 World Championships both in America and Europe.

The 2012 Sniper's Hide Cup rates with any shoot I've ever seen.

It was demanding of shooting skills and physical preparedness.

As an imaginative target setter, the location couldn't have been better. When you have terrain to work with like that, it really fires you up. I'm sure Ray and crew had fun doing the hard work necessary to put on a match that none of us will ever forget.

Thanks to all. Looking forward to many more.

It sure SOUNDED like you guys had a good time! I still have all the windows in my home, pickup, Unimog fire-truck, and the Malinois is still kickin', so I guess y'all can shoot okay.

To the folks in the silver car with CA (*I think*) plates... When you drive into somebody's yard in WY (a solid 2000 meters past a "Restricted Area - Trespassers Subject to Search" sign) and DON'T stop and say "hi", you're lucky to get out without having to dump your boot and empty your pockets.

Was that a red Prius I saw? On Wagon Hound Road? For real? And driven by a shooter? Sometime, somewhere, the space-time continuum was ripped wide open - kinda like when I heard Rush Limbaugh in Whole Foods.

And to Ray - if you want to make this 13.5 square miles BIGGER in the future, you know who I am.

Honestly, all joking aside, BEST TO ALL OF YOU, it sounds like you enjoyed our neck of the woods (sagebrush, anyway), and I'm sorry I was wrapped up with a bunch of concrete and didn't get to come down and visit.

Signed,

"The Neighbor"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RayDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think Wade was shooting a 6.5x47.
</div></div>

Wade shoots a 6mmx47 Lapua I know i picked up most of his brass for him!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the guy with the CA plates was from Germany...</div></div>And he flies jets, so he probably didn't have time to stop and chat.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My one piece of feedback would be to lose the pistol in this match. Most times at tactical rifle matches pistol is thrown in as a filler and this match doesn't need any fillers. With the amazing shooting arena we should be shooting long guns only. We only had one stage of all pistol and then one mixed pistol and rifle for score and then 4 pistol targets that weren't scored and just used a a slower between rifle positions. I would have rather had another long range stage in place of the pistol stage and drop the others.

I know people like to shoot pistol but there's plenty of IDPA and 3 gun matches out there. It's a waste to have that facility and not use every stage to shoot the long guns. Another reason is having to bring more gear and ammo to shoot the limited pistol stages. Tougher for people flying in. Just my opinion but wanted to give some feedback. </div></div>

Normally Im right there with Rob on the pistol stuff, I hate it in rifle matches, but I actully loved the way they shot it at this match. I heard at least 1/2 the field say they loved it and a few say it was their favorite stage??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ki7xh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It sure SOUNDED like you guys had a good time! I still have all the windows in my home, pickup, Unimog fire-truck, and the Malinois is still kickin', so I guess y'all can shoot okay.

To the folks in the silver car with CA (*I think*) plates... When you drive into somebody's yard in WY (a solid 2000 meters past a "Restricted Area - Trespassers Subject to Search" sign) and DON'T stop and say "hi", you're lucky to get out without having to dump your boot and empty your pockets.

Was that a red Prius I saw? On Wagon Hound Road? For real? And driven by a shooter? Sometime, somewhere, the space-time continuum was ripped wide open - kinda like when I heard Rush Limbaugh in Whole Foods.

And to Ray - if you want to make this 13.5 square miles BIGGER in the future, you know who I am.

Honestly, all joking aside, BEST TO ALL OF YOU, it sounds like you enjoyed our neck of the woods (sagebrush, anyway), and I'm sorry I was wrapped up with a bunch of concrete and didn't get to come down and visit.

Signed,

"The Neighbor"</div></div>

You sound like one heck of a cool neighbor, thanks for supporting the sport!!

George I agree that this pistol stage was one of the best in any match but I would have still rather shot the rifle again lol

And anyone who said that a pistol stage was their favorite stage in that match needs to find a new sport
wink.gif

Thank you Frank/Snipers Hide for extending the invitation to be able to demonstrate some of our product line. It was great to be able to meet people and put faces to usernames! Very impressed with how helpful and the knowledge of the group. Thank you to the ranch owner for being such a gracious host!!

We had fun testing the CNVD-LR, Raytheon and other devices!

Frank, looking forward to a darkhouse / night event!
smile.gif

Couple photo's below.

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

Whew!
I'm finally back home and at work and grabbing a spare moment to quickly post without repeating absolutely everything that has been said; but ditto, nonetheless.

Frank, Ray, Zack, R.O.'s and volunteers; my hat is off to each of you for a memorable match.

I was very fortunate to be squaded with Group One that included some of the top shooters. Each of them has probably forgotten more than I will ever know but each was helpful, courteous and encouraging throughout a very challenging match. Thank you.

Ray was particularly helpful during the train up, spotting shots and helping me get a sense of the wind calls needed at those distances under environmental conditions and terrain features I had never before encountered. Thanks, Ray.

The match was more complex in terms of what it demanded from the shooter than any I had previously experienced. The environment, distances, target type and locations, stage design and a myriad of other variables made each shot a challenge and exposed many weaknesses.
It was humbling and yet I learned so much in such a short period of time, I have to consider it a success, a milestone, even if it wasn't always reflected in my score.

In sum, it changed how I view the craft and I am more committed to becomming more skilled in the many diverse areas where improvement is needed.
For that incresed awareness, I am also thankful.

Thank you Frank/Sniper's Hide for the opportunity to be a part of such an incredible venue, The Sniper's Hide Cup 2012.
It was awesome experience because of the Sniper's Hide amazing collaboration with Nomad Long Range (Justin Keeler)/the Wills Ranch and Competition Dynamics. Thanks Frank, Zak, Ray, and Jeff and all my fellow RO's, it was great to be a part of your team.

Thanks to all the shooters for allowing me to return home to my family

MILE HIGH SHOOTING, thank you, for the t-shirts. SUREFIRE, thank you, for the edged weapon and flashlight. SFWA, thank you, for the gift certificate/discount on the scope you offered. Thank you Thunder Beast and Templar Tactical for the discount offers. I'm set to receive "furniture" for my AR -to the company whose name escapes me, THANK YOU!!

I got to know fellow RO's Beth and Ken, Greg, Craig and Keith, Zion and Casey- there were several more...but these folks were my everyday hello's and it was great to be around them. Thanks guys and gal! I'm proud to be counted alongside you!

The Shooters were so gracious with me and I was particularly delighted to visit with many -you all know who you are.

Special thank you to Frank for the rides- so I didn't have to rent a car.
Thank you to Joe for taking me to the airport Sunday.
Thank you, Team Blaster, for allowing me to dine with you on Friday. I hope she charged me correctly for my part of the meal. (I keep wondering if she didn't.)
Thank you, Team GAP for allowing me to visit with you on Saturday. Red Stag is a personal favorite now-thanks!!
Thank you Bryan Yeung for allowing me to shoot your rifle. I'm still jazzed I hit that 300 yard target on D2(I think ?) 2x's (only shots taken since didn't want to use more of your expensive ammo)
Francis, Scott and Wade, thanks for the memorable trip to the demo range.
Will at Barrett, thanks for the encouraging words about my apologizing for not being the best as an RO. I really appreciated/needed the words of encouragement.

Congrats to all the winners. Fine Shooting for sure!!

God Bless ya'll! Keep it up! Hope to see ya'll sometime soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ya, I think Oliver had CA plates on his car and he was tooling around the area pretty early.

But he brought a cool rifle over ...
smile.gif

</div></div>

Oliver was an amazing communicator. I was always spotting the correct target with him cause he described the location perfectly. I recall that he shot the stage really well and had time to spare. I made sure to compliment him and he really appreciated it. He's a gracious guy and I was glad to have met him and his lovely wife.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ray sent me a link to your trucks - bad ass. We'll have to chat next time I'm up there.

I think the guy with the CA plates was from Germany...
</div></div>

Hi Zak... If the guy was from Germany, then he shoulda got out! There are three MBz Unimogs up here; he woulda thought he was home!

It was a pleasure to meet Ray last month. I told him what you guys were gonna do on Trav's place was something I've dreamed of doing for the 23 years I've been here. When Travis told me about the event a few months ago, he asked if I'd ever heard of Barrett.

Heck, I have an M82A1 with 6.5-20/BORS on top - UN-freakin-FIRED! Had it since 2010, I think. Also have an SRS in 338LM with S&B glass. Also unfired. Honestly, I should get some schoolin' - I have no clue what to do with them - I just love mechanical stuff. (Thus the trucks...)

I shoulda brought the Unimog camper down to the tent one night, but like I said, we were pouring concrete up here and at the end of Wagon Hound at the pavement. By the end of each day, I was wiped out and cooking for the crew.

Please let me know next time you come up, and I'll give you a tour of the rest of Sheep Mountain! Ray's got my contact info.

- Darrin

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Sorry to chime in late here but the Chancellor and I are finally back in Oregon and recovered from what was truly the best match we've ever attended. Us shooters can't really say thank you enough to Zak, Ray and Frank for organizing and conducting such a professional and challenging competition. It was an experience of a lifetime. You guys are the best in your field and thank you again.

Justin Keeler, your spark of an idea will undoubtedly grow into facilitating one of the finest shooting area venues in the United States. Thank you so much for your hard work and insight.

Travis Wills, thank you man. Like you said, just hanging out and spending time together around "the campfire" bs'ing was the best part of the experience. It was great spending so much time with you. Thank you for your hospitality and sharing your land with us all.

rootceller.jpg

The tour of your ranch was incredible. It is very much a historical and cultural landmark. By the way, you and your family are a great example of those that work hard every day and what it has taken to make this country the greatest in the world. Your son is lucky to have this passed on to him with such a fine father.

licenseplate.jpg

Thank you for the license plate. It has a spot of honor in my reloading room now.

Here guys, here's an interesting photo: Travis offers to help me pull my head out after floundering on day 1 and day 2 of the match. I should have accepted....

travis.jpg

This match was awesome. The above comments in this thread just hint at how spectacular and challenging this course of fire was and the level of professionalism shown by those who organized and ran this match. Thank you and congratulations for what you have accomplished.</span>

Hats off to all involved with making this match successful, Frank, Zak, Raydog, The Wills Family, All the RO's that gave up there time. You guys pulled off a Perfect Event, I would not change a thing!!

Thanks to A squad, Wade, Scott, David W, Tony G, Rob O, Animal Francis, My good friend Pat S PGS, for all the fun chat and help its always nice to shoot with your buddies and this was no exception!

Wade I normally save this for Team GAP shooters, But I have to admit you put on a Clinic!!! Great shooting!!

See you guys a the "Grind!!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ki7xh</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Was that a red Prius I saw? On Wagon Hound Road? For real? And driven by a shooter? Sometime, somewhere, the space-time continuum was ripped wide open - kinda like when I heard Rush Limbaugh in Whole Foods. </div></div>

That was me! Glad to have been of service.
cool.gif

Sorry for the slow followup, I had to jet back home and work a couple days. Now that I'm off again...

Great match! I really had a blast. I had so much fun I'm trying to put it into words. It was challenging, fun, exciting, it ran the whole list of enjoyable. I pulled off some of the best shooting I've done yet at that match.

I learned more than I could even list. The match pointed out a few weaknesses in my gear that I'm already taking steps to correct for the next one. I thought everybody there was approachable and friendly. I liked that everyone was working together and giving out ranges and cards to people who were in the staging areas. Especially since some couldn't get ranges on some targets without a tripod and some guys lasers couldn't make the reach even with a tripod!

I thought the people there were great. Frank, Zak, and Ray, you guys were great to meet, listen to, and laugh with. I tried to thank all the RO's as I went through the courses for their contributions. Met some cool guys like Will, Nick and his better half, Bill, and plenty of others. Hope to get together with everyone again at the next match, soon!

I thought the prize table was nothing short of astounding. Everybody there got some free schwag and a prize or two whether you were 1st or 100th. I thought that was really cool because it promotes the idea that everybody that attended was a winner in some way. I had nothing bad to say about the pistol courses, I just brought the wrong tool for that job, I'll be packing a different sidearm for the next one!

When the complete list of sponsors and emails are posted I will be sending each one a thank you for their contribution. It was truly a great match and I really enjoyed it!

Rich

Wow, over the top match. Hugh thanks to Frank, Zak and Ray for all they did to make this one hell of a match. Big thanks to everyone at the WILLS ranch. You have an amazing place. Thank you to everyone, that had anything to do with this match. It was very well run and I had a great time. The prize table was amazing as well. Thanks to all the sponsors. I'm already looking forward to next year. Thanks again everyone.

Hey all! We had a great time at the shoot! There is some serious shooters out there and that is just kick ass! Awesome conversation and great shooting! To Frank and all the guys, thanks for everything! It was so great to meet all of you! Frank, you crack me up... Ray, I still dont think you are telling the truth.
wink.gif
To Justin- Thank you for setting up the property, it was a perfect place! Looking forward to next year and we have some good ideas to throw up on that big table! To all the guys I met at E-2, like I said, you tell me your target and I will tell you your time! You all are amazing shooters and I cannot wait to join you all in the comp next year! To Melody, it was great to meet you and roast in the sun while we waited for the shooters! Had a blast at the "Occupy White Wolf" Thanks to everyone for making it all come together! Everyone involved made this one hell of a shoot!
Wishing all of you happy shooting and here before to long, Happy Hunting!!
Beth

Video of stage B1

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w3L4lsu7K9M"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w3L4lsu7K9M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissKahles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To all the guys I met at E-2, like I said, you tell me your target and I will tell you your time!</div></div>You were one of the most consistent, systematic and professional ROs at the match - and I mean that in a good way
laugh.gif
. You have a future as an RO... Seriously - don't dump your day job just yet - but seriously!
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissKahles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To Melody, it was great to meet you and roast in the sun while we waited for the shooters! </div></div>

right back at ya Beth!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MissKahles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To all the guys I met at E-2, like I said, you tell me your target and I will tell you your time!</div></div>You were one of the most consistent, systematic and professional ROs at the match - and I mean that in a good way
laugh.gif
. You have a future as an RO... Seriously - don't dump your day job just yet - but seriously!
cool.gif
</div></div>

Its true... she was awesome!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: melody</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its true... she was awesome! </div></div>Awww.. That's sweet.
smile.gif

Melody, you know that you also rocked, right?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: melody</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its true... she was awesome! </div></div>Awww.. Melody, you know that you also rocked, right?! </div></div>

I had an earnest desire to offer each shooter a good experience at my stage. But, I was rusty at spotting and nervousness kept me from being everything I'd hoped to be as an RO. Nevertheless, everyone was safe and I got to return home safely to my two daughters!

BTW: Thank you to the few shooters who cleaned E1 especially to the fellas that did the stage in less then 4 minutes. SHAZAM that was awesome to witness and mildly intoxicating! Ya'll know who you are!!!