• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

I think you'd like the SRS-A1 a lot better than the covert. I find that the covert is a little too short for most shooting situations. You'd like the SRS-A1 a lot better, especially if you are shooting unsuppressed.

Give a call anytime! I'd love to talk about it with you. Also, we're just up here in South Dakota, so if you ever find yourself a bit north, we can go shoot a bit!

605-554-1911

I think you're right that I would probably get way more enjoyment and benefit from the SRS-A1. Are you a dealer for DTA? A hunt in South Dakota and Montana are on my list, so I just may take you up on the joining you at the range. Thank you for the info.

I think you're right that I would probably get way more enjoyment and benefit from the SRS-A1. Are you a dealer for DTA? A hunt in South Dakota and Montana are on my list, so I just may take you up on the joining you at the range. Thank you for the info.
You bet we are. :) We're a stocking dealer and have most stuff on hand. Give me a call anytime. If you'll be out here, I'm sure we could go out and demo one in the field.

My 13yr old son shooting the SRS with subsonic 308Win at golfballs at 75yds says to me after shooting for the day..."Dad, I want one of these, how much are they?". My response was "Too much for you and don't tell your mother that".

15392765405_20e8f1fdb0_b.jpg

Very cool BLD, your son has to be the envy of all his buddies getting to drive that meat stick !

I hadn't thought of the advantages the SRS Covert offers for young shooters with the LOP & trigger adjustability. I have two young girls (2 & 3.5 yrs old) that I plan to raise shooting & hunting, my 3.5 yo has been avidly shooting her toy bow for almost a year now and has a new Diamomd Infinite Edge compound coming from santa this year. They both love going scouting with me and routinely "scout" for deer whenever their riding in the backseat with mom.
You also just gave me a perfect justification for buying a SAC 223 conversion; I can tell my wife it's going to be my starter rifle for my girls. Unfortunately my 3.5 yo has turned out to be a lefty, hoping she'll turn out to be ambidextrous so I can avoid searching for lefties. Although by the time she starts shooting DTA might have the lefties on the market, I could justify dropping $4K on a lefty SRS for her knowing it would be the only rifle she'd need for a lifetime of use.

Very cool BLD, your son has to be the envy of all his buddies getting to drive that meat stick !

I hadn't thought of the advantages the SRS Covert offers for young shooters with the LOP & trigger adjustability. I have two young girls (2 & 3.5 yrs old) that I plan to raise shooting & hunting, my 3.5 yo has been avidly shooting her toy bow for almost a year now and has a new Diamomd Infinite Edge compound coming from santa this year. They both love going scouting with me and routinely "scout" for deer whenever their riding in the backseat with mom.
You also just gave me a perfect justification for buying a SAC 223 conversion; I can tell my wife it's going to be my starter rifle for my girls. Unfortunately my 3.5 yo has turned out to be a lefty, hoping she'll turn out to be ambidextrous so I can avoid searching for lefties. Although by the time she starts shooting DTA might have the lefties on the market, I could justify dropping $4K on a lefty SRS for her knowing it would be the only rifle she'd need for a lifetime of use.

My youngest daughter (17) is a lefty but shoots right handed, so there's hope.

ETA: I started her shooting around 4 years old on an air rifle (she always insisted on using ear plugs) and always had her shoot right handed. I believe starting so early prevented development of left-eye dominance. She does everything else left handed.

Last edited:
@ Dave Becker's reply .....

Dropping 4k on a rifle your daughter could use for a lifetime .... First time I have heard anyone use that phrase about the DTA

But a very good observation , and value point of getting a DTA Platform !

@ Dave Becker's reply .....

Dropping 4k on a rifle your daughter could use for a lifetime .... First time I have heard anyone use that phrase about the DTA

But a very good observation , and value point of getting a DTA Platform !
Maybe DTA will take notice too and send her a Christmas present in the form of a switch-barrel, bullpup; any color or even a factory blem would be fine she'd probably want skins dipped and metal cerakoted match her bow anyway.

I'd be happy to provide in return; plenty of photo's with full copyright release for them to use it in future marketing campaigns.

My youngest daughter (17) is a lefty but shoots right handed, so there's hope.

ETA: I started her shooting around 4 years old on an air rifle (she always insisted on using ear plugs) and always had her shoot right handed. I believe starting so early prevented development of left-eye dominance. She does everything else left handed.
That is what I'm hoping for too, I had a couple friend growing up that we're ambidextrous; they'd write and eat leftie, but sports they were righties. The one was a great quarterback and basketball player.
I tried like hell when she was first learning to eat, it seemed like every other time she would switch hands. I would always switch the spoon to her right hand, but my wife for some damn reason would always push for her to use her left. She settled into coloring and writing naturally with her left, but I'm hopeful that she might be ambi. I've been trying to condition her to play ball and shoot her bow rightie in hopes she will develop fully ambidextrous. I'll try the scoped airgun next summer to work on her shooting, maybe even with a left eyepatch to help minimize the left eye dominance issues. If it doesn't pan out, I'll be adding leftie gear to the arsenal.

New to the dta world. Had some issues with scope height but now loving it. Need solid advice on a bipod. Waiting on the 34 mm tube scope to show up. Had to revert beck to older scope

Last edited:
New to the dta world. Had some issues with scope height but now loving it. Need solid advice on a bipod. Waiting on the 34 mm tube scope to show up. Had to revert beck to older scope

Accu-Shot Atlas Bipod - BT10 with QD mount - Game Over!

Wondering if there are any breaks that work on theses things other than the stock ones. Occasionally see a barrel with a surefire on it?

Anything threaded 3/4x24 will work. I run SAS 30cal mounts on my 308, 260 and 300win barrels. I have a 338BA enroute for the big boy.

I have 2 DTA SRS A1s and RMW and Orkan are right. Suppressed they would be perfect for what you're looking for. Especially, in 260 Rem caliber! Good luck.

Just received a 338LM kit for the covert. The dual port muzzle brake is attached. I am a bit nervous about recoil management on this bad boy....is the DTA dual port MB effective, or should I spin on the Delta P adapter and throw on a fat bastard or alternate muzzle brake? Thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

Just received a 338LM kit for the covert. The dual port muzzle brake is attached. I am a bit nervous about recoil management on this bad boy....is the DTA dual port MB effective, or should I spin on the Delta P adapter and throw on a fat bastard or alternate muzzle brake? Thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
I have the dual port bake for my 338lm and the recoil was stout. Dogtown suggested trying DTA's old style 338lm brake and it was much more effective.

Yes, if you're not running a suppressor the standard brake is the way to go.

I have the dual port bake for my 338lm and the recoil was stout. Dogtown suggested trying DTA's old style 338lm brake and it was much more effective.

Fehk ! I ordered the qd 2 port brake for my 300wm . I was tossing up between the standard and this but thought the larger ports would be better . I will only be running 190/208/210 and 230 if i can get any.Any accuracy difference between the two ?

No difference in accuracy. I still have my 2 port and use it on my 308 barrel. The standard brake comes up for sale on exchange from time to time.

Anyone run a fat bastard, painkiller, Roedale, etc on their 338 coverts? I have a thread adapter so am not limited to the DTA options.

Hi all, Just putting together a new SRS 338. When I insert and cock the bolt the trigger does NOT reset. Help?

Fehk ! I ordered the qd 2 port brake for my 300wm . I was tossing up between the standard and this but thought the larger ports would be better . I will only be running 190/208/210 and 230 if i can get any.Any accuracy difference between the two ?

Dont sweat it - the QD brake is still good but for .338LM I don't think it reduces recoil much compared to the standard brake. For smaller cartridges it's fine.

Any load data for the 190 208 210 or 230. Currently have 230 and 4832sc h1000 in 300 win

Last edited:
Guys, I am selling a factory 22" 308 for a friend. It can be found here:
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...52-factory-22-308-dta-barrel.html#post3342698

I'll entertain any offer through him. He does need a 34mm scope mount, a Seekonk wrench, Harris adapter, 308 and 338 magazines, and a 3/4x24 338 brake for possible trades.

Thanks,
Ty

I'm selling this. AI mount. 0 moa. 34mm. Works with DTA with optics up too 56mm objective. No wear visible and duracoated FDE with lizard pattern in dark tan. Pm me if interested.

Does anyone know what the internal length is of a magnum magazine?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Hah! typo indeed.

Here's what I posted couple pages back:

The 308 mags measure 2.945 from the block to the front weld. Some of the welds have a bit more booger on them than others, some a little less. Obviously this dimension will vary a little bit from mag to mag, as the block is welded in place as well, and it's position can vary a tiny bit. If I were to call a total measurement of what is going to always work, from base to bullet tip it would be 2.900" or just a touch over. If DTA stamped out the magazines as one piece instead of halves, and then bent them, and only welded at the back... this could be alleviated. I'll mention it to them next time we talk. I'm betting there is a reason they are like they are though.

The 338 mags are 4" inside. Again, they vary as much as .010" or so among them.

I wouldn't suggest trying to use the larger mags for 308. They "can" feed, but it's not reliable. If a guy would pinch the feed lips together a bit, it's "possible" that they would work well given the correct modifications... but its not very likely that it will work as well as the 308 mags.

Thanks for the order Boone!

Last edited:
Who is currently rocking the best price on a fullsize A1 chassis and 26" .308 kit?
We'll match or beat anyone's offer and you've my word that we'll offer as good of service as can be found. :) Also, if a custom barrel is in the budget, we'd be happy to get you one!

Give me a call and we can discuss the specifics!

First post but long time forum lurker. Just bought a new DTA SRS A1 w/ .308 conversion kit (22" factory barrel), scope, rings, mounts, and soft case/shooting mat from Orkan (Greg) @ Primal Rights. I spent a LONG time researching, calling, emailing a lot of folks. Greg was super friendly, very honest, knowledgable and willing to spend the time with you on the phone to make sure you are happy with your purchase before you make your final decision. And price was extremely fair. Greg makes a point to let you know that you are a customer for life and he'll make himself available for anything you may need in the future. Gotta say I was truly impressed. Looking forward to getting this baby out on the range and posting pics when new setup arrives.