• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

I should have added that I want to do a 338 in that barrel to help with recoil and staying on target. The saum I want in a standard contour. It was late for me and guess I left that part off.
That is exactly the direction I went. Eric had a good suggestion to give the barrel an ever so slight taper just to make it look a bit more applealing. I believe the diameter will end up going from 1.25” down to ~1.00”. Othersiwise it may just look like you have an axial hanging out the end of your chassis.

Othersiwise it may just look like you have an axial hanging out the end of your chassis.

Looks like more of an integrally suppressed rifle than anything. Here's a 300 Norma with a straight 1.25" tube. Weighs 20.5 lbs as it sits.

Attachments

• photo85415.jpg
    photo85415.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 68
Has anyone heard or know anything if Desert Tech is going to make any upgrades to the SRS A1 or the covert for shot show?

Here's a greasemonkey/tampermonkey script to hide the stuck post:

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name         New Userscript
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1
// @description  try to take over the world!
// @author       You
// [USER="44763"]match[/USER]        https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/forum/sniper%C2%92s-hide%C2%AE-armory-supply/sniper-s-hide-bolt-action-rifles/29135-official-dta-srs-hti-covert-hunter-thread*
// @require http://code.jquery.com/jquery-latest.js
// [USER="38581"]Grant[/USER]        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';
    $("li[data-node-id='29135']").hide();
})();

Cold bore which scope do you like best? I see you have several. I just sold a tango 6 and got the new B25 in MOA. Just haven't mounted it yet. Waiting on my new SRS

Cold bore which scope do you like best? I see you have several. I just sold a tango 6 and got the new B25 in MOA. Just haven't mounted it yet. Waiting on my new SRS

I like any of the good ones. I have an ER-25, that has served me extremely well, taken more hits than any scope should, and it never skipped a beat or lost zero or tracking. I also have the new Sig 5-30 T6 that I also love, still putting it through paces before I completely trust it, though up to this point it seems to perform quite well. I love the Kahles scopes, the 312i and 624i are at the top of my list for sure, I use them very frequently, and have never had an issue. I have one of the new Gen2 PST's that is also still proving itself, but looks to be a great performer already. The Razors are a pretty solid bet as well. Im a cheap SOB, so any of the good ones I can get for a score, I will.

I have had several of the USO and they too have served me well. The Tango 6 like you not as sure as I am with USO. Can’t wait till my new SRS gets here so I can mount my new B25

What scope mounts are you guys running? I've always used NF and Seekins rings on my traditional bolt rifles. I have zero experience with any of the one piece mounts. I'll be mounting a 5-25x56 ATACR.

If you're not going to carry that heavy barrel around too much you might as well go 26". It's not that long in a DT anyway, and you will be able to get some great velocity. My 25" creed is smoking with R26 powder.

If you're not going to carry that heavy barrel around too much you might as well go 26". It's not that long in a DT anyway, and you will be able to get some great velocity. My 25" creed is smoking with R26 powder.

My srs is pretty much a belly gun for me so I plan to start running 28" barrels in some of the bigger calibers. I'll keep the short and light barrels for the covert. Also, I'm running ARC mounts 1.57" tall and they are perfect for this platform. I have a fat face so anything below 1.5" won't work for me.

I have been running American Defense on all my guns. Never had to re-zero, even had some drops and the mounts are rock solid. For 200$ and quick detach they have been excellent.

Attachments

• QF8Vuy.jpg
    QF8Vuy.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
My DTA has been wearing the Really Right Stuff 20 moa mount and I'm very pleased with it. Nicely designed and machined to tight tolerances so you don't have to torque the shit out of the caps. The suggested torque values fall within what Khales recommends which isn't much. Best thing is they work well and doesn't hurt that they look good. They do have a built in level but I can't see it from the firing position so it is of little value to me, but I can't see it so it doesn't bother me either.

My DTA has been wearing the Really Right Stuff 20 moa mount and I'm very pleased with it. Nicely designed and machined to tight tolerances so you don't have to torque the shit out of the caps. The suggested torque values fall within what Khales recommends which isn't much. Best thing is they work well and doesn't hurt that they look good. They do have a built in level but I can't see it from the firing position so it is of little value to me, but I can't see it so it doesn't bother me either.

For what it is worth, toque on screws results in clamping force which is dependent on screw diameter and number of screws. The smaller the screw and the more screws there are equal more clamping force. That’s why ARC rings have a higher torque value. They use one larger diameter screw. I’ve done the calculation and it is less clamping force than a lot of rings, but still very sufficient.

For what it is worth, toque on screws results in clamping force which is dependent on screw diameter and number of screws. The smaller the screw and the more screws there are equal more clamping force. That’s why ARC rings have a higher torque value. They use one larger diameter screw. I’ve done the calculation and it is less clamping force than a lot of rings, but still very sufficient.

Im a big fan of ARC rings. Ill take one screw over four or more anyday.

Im a big fan of ARC rings. Ill take one screw over four or more anyday.

Actually for what it's worth I kind of agree with what you are saying about size and number of fasteners but clamping force calculation goes like this. Just having a little fun but I'll take four screws over one anyday, especially if she's pretty!

Attachments

• photo85806.jpg
    photo85806.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 22
Anyone running the ES-Tactical barrels?

my pic, if you can see it is a 4-shot group with factory ammo from a 40” Lilja 50 BMG barrel Eric put together. Just under 0.3”

this week im expecting a 35” 375 Cheytac from him on one of his K&P blanks, report to follow

Eric is top notch

DEpends, most of them are drilled and tapped. No drilling is needed in the plastic, the black plastic plug comes out when skins are split.

This is what I'm dealing with. there is no plug, it's solid plastic. I want install a butt spike but I don't see how that's possible without drilling that space away. Am I missing something here?

Attachments

• photo86229.jpg
    photo86229.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
You didn't get a funky skin... you just got an old rifle. Pre-2015 for sure. If you bought it new, recently... I'd have words with the seller. ;)

Ah crap! If I purchase new skins would they fit directly on my existing chassis? Perhaps I should call DT and see if they sell those separately. Kinda bummed out. So I have an old SRS A1, but with older skins, could they be skins from the first gen guns, or some intermediate design?

During 2013 after the SRS-A1 release, the rifle was offered both ways - with, or without monopod. Eventually they standardized the skins to ALL have the cutout for monopod. The rifles that shipped without monopod had a little plastic plug inserted in that space. Eventually they just made the monopod standard. That happened a couple years ago. So your rifle is likely from 2013.

All things being equal, all A1 models have the chassis drilled/tapped for monopod. You'd need to buy the monopod (I think they are $300'ish) and then you'd need to buy skins (I think those are $300'ish). Which means unless you got a screaming deal on your current chassis, this will be a loser for you financially. New skins should fit just fine though, and the monopod just screws in.

Got my new rifle today. SRS A1in 308 The date on the ticket is the 3 on January 18. Brand new never had one this new before. Now to get the thing put together.

Got my new rifle today. SRS A1in 308 The date on the ticket is the 3 on January 18. Brand new never had one this new before. Now to get the thing put together.

Nice! Just receive my 3rd SRS A1. I sold the first one thinking there was something better out there. The second I sold thinking I like a standard stock configuration more (which I still kindof do), but I'll be keeping the third. The tag on mine said it was assembled on 11/27/17. One thing I noticed on this one was that the Creep and Trigger pull weight screws use the same size hex wrench, and the owner's manual has been updated with new torque ratings and such. Still had to do a slight mod on the safety lever assembly to get all the creep out of the trigger, but it's super crisp now. Easy mod to do. I've been around this block twice now, and am back to a DT. Hopefully for the last time (for my sanity and pocket book).

out of curiosity what thousand is your serial number in? 5,XXX or 10,XXX? I think mine was built in 2015 and my serial number is 4,XXX. It might just be the barrel that was made in 2015 so that is why I ask.

out of curiosity what thousand is your serial number in? 5,XXX or 10,XXX? I think mine was built in 2015 and my serial number is 4,XXX. It might just be the barrel that was made in 2015 so that is why I ask.
Mine is in 6xxx

During 2013 after the SRS-A1 release, the rifle was offered both ways - with, or without monopod. Eventually they standardized the skins to ALL have the cutout for monopod. The rifles that shipped without monopod had a little plastic plug inserted in that space. Eventually they just made the monopod standard. That happened a couple years ago. So your rifle is likely from 2013.

All things being equal, all A1 models have the chassis drilled/tapped for monopod. You'd need to buy the monopod (I think they are $300'ish) and then you'd need to buy skins (I think those are $300'ish). Which means unless you got a screaming deal on your current chassis, this will be a loser for you financially. New skins should fit just fine though, and the monopod just screws in.

I'm gonna see if DT will offer an upgrade path for me as I purchased the rifle new. Otherwise love the gun.

Well guys , I quit beating around the bush and dove in to the DT pool . I bought a mint , used A1 FDE in 300 WM with a TS barrel. I just picked it up tonight, but so far I'm loving the concept. Bolt throw doesn't bother me at all, ballance is perfect.

I'm only a scope mount away from firing it , can't wait . I got some good feedback from a previous post regarding mounts, but most just referenced a brand . What height works well with a 56mm objective? 1.5" ?

Well guys , I quit beating around the bush and dove in to the DT pool . I bought a mint , used A1 FDE in 300 WM with a TS barrel. I just picked it up tonight, but so far I'm loving the concept. Bolt throw doesn't bother me at all, ballance is perfect.

I'm only a scope mount away from firing it , can't wait . I got some good feedback from a previous post regarding mounts, but most just referenced a brand . What height works well with a 56mm objective? 1.5" ?

Congrats!!!! I’m in the same boat as you loving the new platform and it feels more natural than my other rifles now after 500+ dryfires. I’m chomping at the bit to get my new barrels and start handloading.

Yeah 1.5" will do it. Anything below that and the bell hits the rail.

Hey guys just got my first SRS-A1. I just wondered if it was worth getting the field maintenance kit from DT? Before I spend $350 on the kit I just wondered if anyone had it and thinks it's worth it? Thanks!