• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Great looking rifle we recently completed for a customer:

qjp9kqjh.jpg

8yvpIssh.jpg

0adXtyfh.jpg

How much lube do these rifles need ? I just acquired mine used and it's covered in lube . It's seeping out of the skins , oozing out of the butt spacers ect . Seems really excessive to me . I'm of a mind to pull it completely apart , degrease it and then lube as necessary.

Which scope mount is that and do you sell it

We worked with Hawkins Precision to create these mounts to our spec. Yes we have them in stock. 20moa and 40moa. Very VERY nice mount. Give me a call if you'd like one. 605-554-1911

Love the camo job!! Is that paint or hydro dip?
The rifle is full custom cerakote. No dip.

That rifle looks awesome!
But rockfish dave disliked it. ... it must be bad if he doesn't like it. lol :) Still following me around like a puppy trying to steal my fake internet points.

Hey guys. My monopod has locked up! Can't get it to spring out. Is there an easy fix?

How much lube do these rifles need ? I just acquired mine used and it's covered in lube . It's seeping out of the skins , oozing out of the butt spacers ect . Seems really excessive to me . I'm of a mind to pull it completely apart , degrease it and then lube as necessary.

they need hardly any lube at all .
the only thing i run is some Grease on my bolt lugs and cam slot .
the rest of the action gets a whipe down after shooting with some CLP . i use Prolix in mine .

That’s a very good looking rifle! I’m wanting to get one of these Rifles so bad I can taste it! I’m just having a hard time committing to spending the money without ever putting my hands on one or seeing one in person! I don’t have any doubts that these are some of the most accurate Rifles out there. My problem is that I have six custom bolt actions and I only shoot a couple. I have been going back and forth on building a switch barrel but there’s no need because that’s what the Desert Tech is made for. I guess I need to thin the herd some and just go ahead and get one made!

That’s a very good looking rifle! I’m wanting to get one of these Rifles so bad I can taste it! I’m just having a hard time committing to spending the money without ever putting my hands on one or seeing one in person! I don’t have any doubts that these are some of the most accurate Rifles out there. My problem is that I have six custom bolt actions and I only shoot a couple. I have been going back and forth on building a switch barrel but there’s no need because that’s what the Desert Tech is made for. I guess I need to thin the herd some and just go ahead and get one made!

You may as well sell them now, because after you buy an SRS, they will sit in the safe anyways.

Traditional custom rifles in small cartridges that are not compatible or reliable in a Desert Tech still have their place. After all, the world would be awfully boring without 17 remington, 300BLK, or 6BR. Then there are the lightweight carbon fiber rifles to consider as well as close range heavy-hitting pig guns and such. Plenty of reasons to have rifles that are not Desert Techs.

However for almost everything else, we can configure a DT to excel.

Just bought a slightly used DT which I have taken to the range a couple of times and am starting to get used to - although it is a little bit of a learning curve due to bull pup design and fact that although I shoot lefty, it is my first LH bolt action rifle. So far I really like the rifle - particularly the way it balances and how short it is given its barrel length. Also, even though it is a 300 WM, with the muzzle brake I've installed recoil is not an issue.

I do have one question/problem though - the bolt extracts a fired round no problem, but it usually doesn't eject the round from the open chamber unless I literally rotate the gun 90 degrees, which is annoying and defeats the advantage of finally having a LH bolt. This happens regardless of whether I work the bolt gently or open it with some force. Is this a common problem? Is there an easy fix?

I have a few questions but mainly just one for now. Is there a barrel in 300 Norma? I talked with and forgive me for my forgetfulness, I talked with Greg maybe, at Primal Rights a few days ago about having one made in 6.5 Creedmoor and a few of the add ons. I definitely want the scope mount, Hawkins, instead of the Desert Tech. I guess I’m going to call him Monday and get the ball rolling. Oh yeah, the other add on that he was talking me into was the Tangent Theta scope! I’m not sure if I can swing that one but I sure would like to see one! I have a buddy that has a Desert Tech that I’m shooting this weekend. So I guess I’m going to get rid of one or two of my custom rifles that don’t see much if any use!

I have a few questions but mainly just one for now. Is there a barrel in 300 Norma? I talked with and forgive me for my forgetfulness, I talked with Greg maybe, at Primal Rights a few days ago about having one made in 6.5 Creedmoor and a few of the add ons. I definitely want the scope mount, Hawkins, instead of the Desert Tech. I guess I’m going to call him Monday and get the ball rolling. Oh yeah, the other add on that he was talking me into was the Tangent Theta scope! I’m not sure if I can swing that one but I sure would like to see one! I have a buddy that has a Desert Tech that I’m shooting this weekend. So I guess I’m going to get rid of one or two of my custom rifles that don’t see much if any use!

Greg can set you up with a 300 norma mag. It would be a great caliber in this rifle.

We've done a lot of 300 norma's. I'll be happy to talk it over with you at your convenience.

Traditional custom rifles in small cartridges that are not compatible or reliable in a Desert Tech still have their place. After all, the world would be awfully boring without 17 remington, 300BLK, or 6BR.

Doesn't SAC do 5.56 and 300BLK conversions?

Just a heads up, baiting is also against forum rules. Time to grow up Greg.

Maybe you should take your own advice and grow the fuck up. I don't know Greg nor have I ever bought anything from him but going around basically stalking his posts is pretty fucking pathetic. Get a fucking life and move on. I don't know what he did to hurt your feeling but you are acting like a jealous ex girlfriend.

Maybe you should take your own advice and grow the fuck up. I don't know Greg nor have I ever bought anything from him but going around basically stalking his posts is pretty fucking pathetic. Get a fucking life and move on. I don't know what he did to hurt your feeling but you are acting like a jealous ex girlfriend.

I couldn't agree more! At least Greg is constantly contributing helpful info to the Hide. All I have seen from you Dave is childish bickering. Please take that crap somewhere else.

Regards,

Todd

I couldn't agree more! At least Greg is constantly contributing helpful info to the Hide. All I have seen from you Dave is childish bickering. Please take that crap somewhere else.

Regards,

Todd

It's no secret that a lot of people don't like Greg but he does have some great articles and videos to help people out. I don't know what this guys beef is but it's' getting old.

Yep, I agree. Gregs strong personality occasionally chaps some asses, but he's also extremely helpful. I don't know how Dave got his ass chapped, but he appears to be handling it like a 12 year old girl. Let it go man. It's unhealthy for you, and just plain sad for everyone else.

Last edited:
I spoke with Greg just the other day about a scope mount. He even called me back. So I don't see what Dave has against him. He took time out of his day to call one of his customers. Thanks Greg

Greg posted a video review of RRS tripods and heads some time ago. I was in the market and decided to call him to pick his brain a bit. He wasn’t available at that moment, but called me back in under two hours. We discussed another company’s products, that he doesn’t sell, at length. He gave me his recommendations.

I agree that that he isn’t the most pleasant person at times, but I’m not the type that needs my hand held while I’m buying a snow-cone. I remember Dave jumping all over his shit in the 6.5 PRC thread, when Greg posted pictures and data from a customers rifle build. Greg was actually pretty cordial in asking him to move along and start his own thread if he wanted to push his own 6.5 cartridge. It was a real shit storm, and not from Greg.

Greg can be a little rough around the edges, but he does provide a ton of useful info to us for free. You can choose whether you want to do business with him or not, but an adult pissing in every thread Greg posts in is a little childish.

Look: I don't make the rules, but as I am a member of the forum I am expected to abide by them. The rules apply to everyone (even Greg).

Further:There is no qualification needed to "dislike" any particular post. Greg seems to not be able to handle rejection well and has a tendency to lash-out...

"Sniper's Hide Forum Rules, we consider this the first warning and enforcement may come with no second warning.
1.Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow users. Diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token, Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be banned immediately without notice."

Clearly his baiting has taken the forum thread sideways yet again, allot of you took the bait as well. I'll leave it at that, and let the moderators do what they do.

How about you take it up with a moderator instead of spewing this crap on this thread?

Piss off Rockfish Dave, no one cares about your opinion. And frankly, Im getting annoyed of getting notifications of your bickering. What was it, 2 weeks, from the last response from Orkan, and then you brought it up again today.

Look: I don't make the rules, but as I am a member of the forum I am expected to abide by them. The rules apply to everyone (even Greg).

Further:There is no qualification needed to "dislike" any particular post. Greg seems to not be able to handle rejection well and has a tendency to lash-out...

"Sniper's Hide Forum Rules, we consider this the first warning and enforcement may come with no second warning.
1.Exercise common sense and be considerate toward your fellow users. Diversity of opinion and intelligent civil discourse is encouraged; by the same token, Personal attacks, rudeness, flaming, baiting, insults to others, or arguments will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Any member who threatens anyone on the forum, via PM, instant messengers, or Email, will be banned immediately without notice."

Clearly his baiting has taken the forum thread sideways yet again, allot of you took the bait as well. I'll leave it at that, and let the moderators do what they do.

I didn't take any "bait", I'm just tired of you being a whiney little bitch and fucking up this thread. Now can we get back to the regular scheduled program?

Wow! What in the world is going on? I guess I’m in the dark about all of this. I have just been talking about getting a Desert Tech and asking a few questions. I get on the thread tonight to see what is new and walk into this!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. See you in 30 days.
When you get back, try to leave your childish and frankly strange obsession with orkan behind.

Reactions: Midwestside
I have had several of the USO and they too have served me well. The Tango 6 like you not as sure as I am with USO. Can’t wait till my new SRS gets here so I can mount my new B25

What reticle did you go with? I'm looking at the Tremor 3, I know a few instructors call them too busy, but I like the ranging/milling abilities the reticle offers.

Mine came brand new and super dry. Barrel/Bolt came in a separate box. When I put the bolt/barrel in, the bolt rubs against the sides a LOT and hangs up. I had to add quite a bit of Frog Lube just to get a smooth action and work the bolt. If the lube is wiped off, it goes back to being a grind to work the bolt. Is this normal?

New rifles ship dry. Never seen one oiled up or lubed in any way.

New rifles are also often very tight. Lube them up, dry fire and fire the crap out of them. After 500-1000 cycles, things tend to smooth up nicely, and once there... tend to stay nice.

I'm going to have to get a covert handguard and a short 300 BLK setup. What type of ammo do you shoot through it?

Damn! Oops sorry Dang it! Guess I will have to try the 223 version.

Hey guys,

i have my LH covert now for a while but sadly havent shot a lot. Maybe about 150 rounds.
There are two things i noticed, the bolt spring seems to be pretty strong. When i cock the bolt i need a good amount of
force (with or without a round). Will the spring get weaker or could i change it ?

Second thing is that the ejector seems to be sharp or something, even with a mid load (.308Win, 135 CEB Copper Raptor, 45 grain H4895) i get some ejector
swipes. EDIT: Send these rounds for pressure check and got 52600 PSI

Maybe these things will all get better after shooting more.... ?