• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Very interested to see your results with this. I just got a quote from them last week for a 300PRC conversion. They recommended a 1:8" twist for me(Bartlein blank). After reading the 300PRC thread it sounds like quite a few people are saying 1:8" is too fast. What twist did you go with?
Went with 1:8. I suggested it, but Mark didn’t raise any issues.

All factory ammo. Mostly Hornady 225 ELDM, but I’m also not above trying to smack an aoudad in West TX with some 213 Precision Hunter. Told Mark all of this of course.

Reactions: Blackmax12
Hey guys who would have the best price on a 308 barrel for my SRS A1? looking at getting a barrel for practice shooting and not burn my 6.5 barrel out to quickly.

ES Tactical or buy the conversion kit from Euro Optic and sell the bolt. Both end up around $900 for the barrel, but you get a free mag out of the conversion route.

Just join the DTA band wagon today and want to know if ES tactical make their own barrels or do they use other barrel makers

Just join the DTA band wagon today and want to know if ES tactical make their own barrels or do they use other barrel makers

Currently I believe Eric is using K&P barrel blanks and they are tac drivers!
He will order other barrels if you have a preference but it may take longer.

What Spuhr mounts are you guys using. I have a 34mm with a 20moa cant on my other rifle but thinking of getting the 44 or 61 moa cant. Which one do you guy use.

What Spuhr mounts are you guys using. I have a 34mm with a 20moa cant on my other rifle but thinking of getting the 44 or 61 moa cant. Which one do you guy use.
Depends on how much available elevation your scope has or are you buying the mount first and then the scope?

Reactions: ruebarb
I'm using a Defense Solutions LLC mount on my SRS. Just got back from a long range shoot in South Dakota where I managed to get some hits on targets from 100 to 2500 yds using my NightForce 5--25 ATACR. The mount is a 70MOA and allowed me to use everything the scope had to get out there while still using a 100yd zero for the whole range of barrels I've got. I got hits on steel man size silhouettes out to 1500 yds with the 6.5 X 47, out to 2000 yds with the 7.5 X 55 Swiss and my buddy hit the 2600 yd plates with my rifle using the 33XC. I only made it to 2500 with that one.....too windy. Its a solid mount at a reasonable price made from one piece of 7075T6 on a 5 axis machine. They're hard anodized instead of standard anodizing or paint. My 34 mm scope fit perfect. I saw one of these mounts taken off an SRS zeroed with 6.5 X 47, dropped onto and used on a 223 AR and then put back on the original rifle, dialed to the original dope and fired for a first round hit at 1000yds. Pretty solid.....
Also saw another one used on an HTI in 375 Cheytac that ran the range from 1000yds to 3520 yds (2 miles). I'd take it over a Spuhr anytime.

Had a great time with my SRS out there in South Dakota for the week. Did a lot of shooting and hit some steel I couldn't see very well without the scope.

Frank

Link to the mount makers site. https://defensesolutionsllc.com/

Reactions: M77 and 1badbarrel
@ruebarb - Are you having a stroke? WTF is this?
What are you reporting?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SRPowah and Bradu
@OverWatching You can't sell in this area of the forum and you don't have correct # of post to sell items in the proper section. I would recommend deleting your post and reading the forum rules...

Reactions: SRPowah and Scopes
I'm using a Defense Solutions LLC mount on my SRS. Just got back from a long range shoot in South Dakota where I managed to get some hits on targets from 100 to 2500 yds using my NightForce 5--25 ATACR. The mount is a 70MOA and allowed me to use everything the scope had to get out there while still using a 100yd zero for the whole range of barrels I've got. I got hits on steel man size silhouettes out to 1500 yds with the 6.5 X 47, out to 2000 yds with the 7.5 X 55 Swiss and my buddy hit the 2600 yd plates with my rifle using the 33XC. I only made it to 2500 with that one.....too windy. Its a solid mount at a reasonable price made from one piece of 7075T6 on a 5 axis machine. They're hard anodized instead of standard anodizing or paint. My 34 mm scope fit perfect. I saw one of these mounts taken off an SRS zeroed with 6.5 X 47, dropped onto and used on a 223 AR and then put back on the original rifle, dialed to the original dope and fired for a first round hit at 1000yds. Pretty solid.....
Also saw another one used on an HTI in 375 Cheytac that ran the range from 1000yds to 3520 yds (2 miles). I'd take it over a Spuhr anytime.

Had a great time with my SRS out there in South Dakota for the week. Did a lot of shooting and hit some steel I couldn't see very well without the scope.

Frank

Link to the mount makers site. https://defensesolutionsllc.com/
Nice. Good to know about the 70 MOA.

What do you think about the Leupold scope? Is it a MK 5 5-25? Did you get the foam from someone or was it the stock?

What do you think about the Leupold scope? Is it a MK 5 5-25? Did you get the foam from someone or was it the stock?
I have run a NF ATACR, Bushnell dmr and this Leupold in the past year on different rigs. I am really, really impressed with the mark 5. It’s a 5-25.
I traced and cut out the foam myself.

I did! It turned out really well. My only issue was the glue they use to hold the foam in place on the lid can't handle an extra barrel.

A follow up from a couple weeks ago about ES Tac rechambering my .300WM barrel to .300PRC.

Depending on the factory chamber, the barrel may need to get set back 1/4" but the price is under $200 for my situation. YMMV for price, but just shoot him an email if you need a quote.

Not sure if I am going to through with it just yet. I would rather move to a 28" stick, but the PRC factory ammo should out run the .300WM factory ammo with ease.

Reactions: upthewall
Currently I believe Eric is using K&P barrel blanks and they are tac drivers!
He will order other barrels if you have a preference but it may take longer.

What kind of turn around time I'm I look at from the day I order it to receiving the barrel in hand.

What kind of turn around time I'm I look at from the day I order it to receiving the barrel in hand.

Not sure what his work load is right now but his website is stating 3 weeks for barrels? That seems to be lower than what I think I remember reading on the site a few months ago when he was busy so that might be more accurate after he has caught up from having a child and I think a machine to down on him. Honestly if it were 6 weeks it would be worth the wait as he does great work and the barrels shoot great. I have purchased every single barrel I have from him and will continue to do so.

466558F0-1A7E-40BA-98F4-1B92D5F3491B.png

My order took 5-6 weeks if i recall, but that was during his downtime/catch-up time. 3-4 weeks is likely realistic.

Last edited:
Nice shooting!
Eric definitely does nice work. He spun up a 284 Win conversion for me that's a real laser. I just ordered a 308 from him as well.

Nice shooting yourself and that is a laser!
I have yet to find a bullet and powder charge that the 6.5CM barrel doesn’t like. That’s super odd in my experience.

Can the newer changes be incorporated into the older SRS to reduce the rifle weight?
You could get the barrels flutes to match the weight savings of the A2 barrels and you could pull the mono pod out and add the "plug". however, I wouldn't imagine that you could mill the receiver out without the specs from DT and someone very capable on a mill/CNC.

There was a discussion about Desert Tech Solutions or SAC ( can't remember which) offering SRS A1 receiver cuts similar to the A2. My bare A1 Chassis weighs 80.6 oz without the monopod, bolt, or mag, and the A2 weighs 66.1 oz (from what I gathered searching online). I'm sure the skins are interchangeable. The only part of the skin that would be needed to change was the hole in the trigger guard for adjusting the trigger, which is not needed in the A2.

There was a discussion about Desert Tech Solutions or SAC ( can't remember which) offering SRS A1 receiver cuts similar to the A2. My bare A1 Chassis weighs 80.6 oz without the monopod, bolt, or mag, and the A2 weighs 66.1 oz (from what I gathered searching online). I'm sure the skins are interchangeable. The only part of the skin that would be needed to change was the hole in the trigger guard for adjusting the trigger, which is not needed in the A2.
The skins are not interchangeable according to DT. That's why the monopod changed as well.

One more question I have for you gents is what the minimum scope height you are using. I have a vortex razor gen 2 a 3-18 by 50mm objective. Thanks

One more question I have for you gents is what the minimum scope height you are using. I have a vortex razor gen 2 a 3-18 by 50mm objective. Thanks

The following is a 1.54" mount with a 50mm objective. Sure you can make it a little tighter, but that is what the adjustable cheek rest is for.

BEEC2B62-2093-473D-A84C-A95F445FD4A6.jpeg

I used one of these guys with the same scope. May be able to get a little lower, but it worked well for me.

8E687752-FAB4-4FAE-8D7B-9CBD4382577F.jpeg

Reactions: rydah

50mm is the diameter of the glass. You want to use the outside diameter of the objective to calculate. Which, I believe, on the Razor's is 59mm.

With a 0 MOA cant mount you could go as low as 1.25" without caps. Add roughly a half inch per 20MOA of cant and another half inch for scope caps.

Most of us just go with something in the highly popular 1.5"-1.6" range as there are more options and no real world negatives.

Let me see if I can find it, I know I'm using a Sphur mount, the 4002. However I have a larger objective lens. Great scope choice!