• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Where can I find a 300 Norma barrel for a Gen 2 A1, preferably a Proof Research? I’ve been trying to decide on whether I should get one or not and I’ve finally decided to get one.

We have .30 caliber Proof blanks on the shelf. Let me know if we can help you with a carbon barrel for your SRS.

With the flat rail (0 MOA) of the SRS A2, I am looking at a Spuhr SP-41808 with 18 MIL/61.8 MOA for mounting a Schmidt & Bender 3-27x56 PM II.
However, this mount has a height of 44 mm/1.73" as apposed to the more standard 38 mm/1.5”.

Do you guy think this is still comfortable to use with the SRS A2 cheekpiece / stock position? Or would it be better to look at a mount with a height of 38 mm/1.5”?

It might look a bit funny to have a scope so high above the handguard though.... not sure the aesthetics commission will approve.

One more question I have for you gents is what the minimum scope height you are using. I have a vortex razor gen 2 a 3-18 by 50mm objective. Thanks
I actually really like the Desert Tech mount. It puts a 56 mm objective right above a Picatinny rail. I can’t recall how high it is, but DT publishes the height over bore when using their mount (2.63”).

I actually really like the Desert Tech mount. It puts a 56 mm objective right above a Picatinny rail. I can’t recall how high it is, but DT publishes the height over bore when using their mount (2.63”).

How much elevation are you getting if you zero is a 100yds.

Desert Tech told me the picatinny rail height over bore is 1,14" so the mount is a regular 1,5"/38mm height.

With the flat rail (0 MOA) of the SRS A2, I am looking at a Spuhr SP-41808 with 18 MIL/61.8 MOA for mounting a Schmidt & Bender 3-27x56 PM II.
However, this mount has a height of 44 mm/1.73" as apposed to the more standard 38 mm/1.5”.

Do you guy think this is still comfortable to use with the SRS A2 cheekpiece / stock position? Or would it be better to look at a mount with a height of 38 mm/1.5”?

It might look a bit funny to have a scope so high above the handguard though.... not sure the aesthetics commission will approve.

You will be good to go. Easy to adjust cheek piece up a little if needed.

As far as aesthetics... pics of tiny groups shot at distance are the sexiest pics anyways. If mounting a scope a little higher makes it more comfortable and thus conducive to you shooting more tiny groups to take pics of we'll all approve. ;)

Guys , keen to see some fresh pics of the 223 conversion . How is it performing for you ? Accuracy is where you expected? Cases have good ejection?

My sac 223 conversion is by far, my favorite for this rifle. I was testing powder again in mine. It likes lots of varget... Ejection is fine if you have enough velocity on the bolt. I don't think it's really any better or worse than my 6.5x47.

Reactions: M77
I have a heck of a time ejecting mine. 9 out of 10 i have to reach in and pull them out, I’ve tried running the bolt differently, nothing seems to help.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
It’s best to stick to the standard 1.5in sight height. Even the original chassis without the cheek riser worked well with 1.5in height to optical center. Plus you’ll be set up well for when the NV bug hits.

Reactions: culater
I have a heck of a time ejecting mine. 9 out of 10 i have to reach in and pull them out, I’ve tried running the bolt differently, nothing seems to help.
Mine ejects just fine. I don't recall a single time it didn't and I have at least 500 rounds through it.

Accuracy is phenomenal. Five shot groups in the .2s are common and even a handful in the .1s with both hand loads and factory ammo. If I could only have one conversion for my DTA, it would be the SAC 223.

I had issues for a while with several of my bolts, but then realized I was just sissying the bolt. The DTs like to be run hard. Sounds like you’ve tried that, but just thought I’d mention it.

I have an A2 with a Spuhr 30moa and S&B 3-27 mounted up. You’ll be fine, but you may want a bit more cant unless your shooting off the reticle.

Reactions: M289
I have an A2 with a Spuhr 30moa and S&B 3-27 mounted up. You’ll be fine, but you may want a bit more cant unless your shooting off the reticle.
Alright, might you have a photo of your setup? I'd love to see an SRS A2 with S&B 3-27 as that is what I am looking at myself :D

Spuhr has 6MIL, 9MIL, 13MIL and 18MIL mounts. With the last one being a bit taller than the rest, 44mm versus theregular 38mm/1,5".
I wonder how much elevation you had left after zeroing your scope with the 9MIL/30MOA mount.

30moa with 1.5 height. Works well. DT didn’t do ya any favors by cutting the pic rail so short though. Almost need a cantilevered mount.

I have over 25 mils of elevation adjustment in this mount.

Not sure the spacing would be right, it’s not a big deal but would have been better if they had left it a slot or two longer.

30moa with 1.5 height. Works well. DT didn’t do ya any favors by cutting the pic rail so short though. Almost need a cantilevered mount.

I have over 25 mils of elevation adjustment in this mount.
Thank you for the photos!
What model 3-27 do you have, 26 MIL or 34 MIL turret?

The short rail on the A2 does look like it could use a little extra. Although I don’t think the A1 had more space. Same spot where the receiver went over into the handguard.

26 mil with H2CMR reticle.
Sorry @NET65 , last question about your scope/mount ;)
How much did you have to dial "up" to get to your 100m/100y zero? (S&B 3-27 has something like 38 MIL internal adjustment, so with 25 MIL remaining that "could" mean more than 1 thing)

Trying to get a feel for what the ideal cant/elevation adjustment in a mount and scope would be for the SRS A2.I'd like to get it right the first time :LOL:

Sorry @NET65 , last question about your scope/mount ;)
How much did you have to dial "up" to get to your 100m/100y zero? (S&B 3-27 has something like 38 MIL internal adjustment, so with 25 MIL remaining that "could" mean more than 1 thing)

Trying to get a feel for what the ideal cant/elevation adjustment in a mount and scope would be for the SRS A2.I'd like to get it right the first time :LOL:

No problem, I don’t honestly remember, but I’ve had a 5-25 S&B in a 44 moa mount on a DT and had no problem zeroing. Only reason I went with the 30 moa this time is I know I’ll never use more than it provides.

And I was wrong, I just checked my scope again and in the 30 moa mount I have 26.2 mils adjustment.

223 SAC running 24.4 Varget 80.5 Berger seating 010 off the lands. 2856 fps. The target is of group at 200 yards. I have more than 600 rounds in little over a month and like others this thins is great. If you want one don't wait wished I had done it sooner. I have had more fun with this coming from a .308 155. Thanks Mark I will be getting more items from you in the near future.

Anybody know if we can buy a covert handgaurd for our srs a2 yet?
I think you should be able to get the handguard seperately by now as I spotted both the SRS A2 and SRS A2 Covert handguards for sale on the website of a German Desert Tech dealer.

Question: Does anyone know of a good quality MLOK picatinny rail that goes full-length/all the way on the top of the A2 handguard?
Kind of like the integral picatinny rail from the SRS A1.

I'd like to have an full length picatinny rail for installing a TacomHQ Micro Charlie Tarac.

Reactions: Farmerbrown32

Few size options and alloy

Thank you, although they don't seem to offer a rail that spans the whole top of the SRS A2 handguard.
I wonder if Desert Tech will offer other handguard models in the future, I actually like the A1 handguard (looks and integral picatinny rail) very much.

The improved receiver and trigger are great ideas, but I feel they should have kept the integral picatinny rail on the receiver and handguard.

Does anyone know who has the front rail that is metal? Primal Rights used to have them but I have been on a list for a long time. They say they are going to make them. I have the A1

Would like another source for a pic rail as well. The plastic ones from DT won’t hold up under bipod pressure.

I don’t know how M-Loc rails are measured; from the end to end spacing of the outer portion of the M-Loc itself, the bolt to bolt space, or the total M-Loc rail length? I don’t have an A2 to measure the total length of the M-Loc spacing on the A2 handguard.

Anyone else with an A2 discovered that you can't remove the barrel with a top picatinny rail installed? The clamping area of the barrel hits the T-nuts that hold the rail on, because the top of the handguard is closer to the barrel than the other surfaces. This is an issue with the covert anyways. Maybe with the full length handguard and a short rail mounted toward the front, you might be able to get the barrel by the t-nuts.

One more question I have for you gents is what the minimum scope height you are using. I have a vortex razor gen 2 a 3-18 by 50mm objective. Thanks

1.4" will give you enough clearance for a 50mm objective + cap on a flattop. No lower than that. 1.5 would be good... it all depends on how much bell clearance you are looking for... but 1.4 is as low as it goes. Mount is a 20moa

LYzGCIr.jpg

Attachments

• bC.jpg
    bC.jpg
    528.4 KB · Views: 193
Reactions: culater
Anyone else with an A2 discovered that you can't remove the barrel with a top picatinny rail installed? The clamping area of the barrel hits the T-nuts that hold the rail on, because the top of the handguard is closer to the barrel than the other surfaces. This is an issue with the covert anyways. Maybe with the full length handguard and a short rail mounted toward the front, you might be able to get the barrel by the t-nuts.

Can you trim the tnuts a little bit to allow clearance?

Not sure. I haven't fooled with it enough to see how much clearance would be needed, or how much thinner the t-nuts could be. If it only needed a couple thousandths, might be worth trying.

Well my weekend has started looking for some load data for my DTA in 308 shooting the 178ELD. I have lapua brass varget and 210m primers. Just need to go to the store to pick a box of ELDs.

Well my weekend has started looking for some load data for my DTA in 308 shooting the 178ELD. I have lapua brass varget and 210m primers. Just need to go to the store to pick a box of ELDs.
Here is my data from the 178gr ELDx
-Lapua brass
-Varget
-cci200 primes
-28” barrel ( but just shipped it today to have chopped down to 25”)
-0.002” neck tension
I ended up settling on 44.0gr, COAL=2.870 or BTO=2.205” or 0.040” jump. I did not see any signs of pressure.

22DC5BF7-5480-48F5-A0EA-CE03D822A11C.png
9BECEBF3-4123-401F-B2A9-8DD8C210A108.jpeg

Thanks just don't want to buy the wrong mount with way to much MOA cant
how much is too much? I'm using a 70MOA mount and still have a 100yd zero on all the barrels for my SRS- 6.5X47, 7.5X55 Swiss, 338BR (subsonic), 338 Lapua Mag, 33XC and 510 whisper(subsonic). I'm using a 5-25X 56 Nightforce ATACR. I'm 3.5 MOA off the bottom with the 33XC and 5MOA off the bottom with the 6.5X47 so it leaves me all the adjustment the scope has for elevation. No wasted down clicks for under 100yds.....
I ran out of elevation for the 7.5 Swiss at just over 2000yds where I was popping the steel with 175gr 308 tipped Sierra Matchkings and still had room to get the 33XC out to 3000yds if there had been targets that far out.

Frank

Thanks just don't want to buy the wrong mount with way to much MOA cant

I may have missed it but what scope are you running? The total travel will play a part in how much cant you want.

Like to find out if someone has found any stronger plunger and ejector springs for the DTA bolts. My runs fine but would like a little stronger springs for more positive ejection.

Any SRS owners in NW Washington? Would really like to handle one before ordering if possible.