• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

got 308/6.5/300/338nm all are great factory Lothar Barrels ,
currently having my 223 from a lothar barrel since they perform so well

Factory 308win barrel here. It hammers. Last year was hammering steel at 1k consistently. Buddy with a custom badger in 6.5cm shooting next to me was upset lol. I was shooting better than him with a factory barrel. He‘s always saying custom this and custom that when he talks about his rifle. I did let him know that 308win was a factory barrel .?

Side question to the hunters here; I’m planning Newfoundland Moose and Bear in 2021.

Has anyone had trouble importing their SRS into Canada as a nonresident from the states?

Reviewing the regulations and somewhere at the bottom it outlines specifically no bullpup stocks, but then there appear to be DTA sales in Canada just fine.

Side question to the hunters here; I’m planning Newfoundland Moose and Bear in 2021.

Has anyone had trouble importing their SRS into Canada as a nonresident from the states?

Reviewing the regulations and somewhere at the bottom it outlines specifically no bullpup stocks, but then there appear to be DTA sales in Canada just fine.

I just went to Manitoba on a whitetail hunt and had no issues, had my SRS A1 22” barrel. They never even opened it after flying out of Atlanta. However Toronto airport gave my buddy a very hard time about his ammo, said it was lose in his bag and made HI’m empty everything out to show them. It was still in the original box.

Last edited:
Reactions: 65x55guy
Anyone shooting 25 Creedmoor yet with their DT? Was checking that out last night. Sounds like a pretty cool cartridge with the blackjack 131 projectiles.

Reactions: Farmerbrown32
Yep i got a 28.5” 1-7.25” twist for my dt. Shooting the 131 blackjack at 2950 fps. Its a tack driver and its damn fun to shoot. Pretty amazing little bullet.

Reactions: Blazin and Bradu
I’m wondering if it’s a common issue with DTA mag bolts to gouge case heads on 300 mag Brass. Due to it having 2 plungers. Wondering if any one polish the plungers to smooth it out. Not worried but like to if you have the same issue.

I’m wondering if it’s a common issue with DTA mag bolts to gouge case heads on 300 mag Brass. Due to it having 2 plungers. Wondering if any one polish the plungers to smooth it out. Not worried but like to if you have the same issue.
what are we talking ? like a plunger swipe? or actual scratches on the case head

Went out to the range on Monday -
Had some fun with the 338Norma
Such a pleasant and accurate round to shoot .
This group was shot with Factory Norma 300SMK
20200113_143245.jpg
1578888264188.png

what are we talking ? like a plunger swipe? or actual scratches on the case head
I have the same question so please post a photo so we can see.
I had to polish the feed ramp lips on all my magazines to stop them from scratching the brass.

That’s makes sense. Very odd it was left there after machining but makes sense.

We had the RRS spec ARCA/Dovetail rails show up last week for the SRS A2 and Covert A2 rifles.

We have full length rails for both the SRS A2 and Covert A2 chassis. These rails go from the muzzle end of the hand guard back to the trigger guard. We also have a short rail that is 5" long and goes from the trigger guard to the first couple inches of the hand guard. The short rail will mount on with the SRS A2 or Covert A2.

https://www.specialpurposerifles.com/desert-tech/desert-tech-a2-rrs-arca-rails

E14C0B6D-0065-489F-9CC9-2EA14858E8F8.JPG

Made that crossing a few times doing the same hunt and returning in 2021 also. My experience is that the US side is the challenge with firearms on the return trip. Noone on the Canadian side ever even bothered to have a look. We did however use a the "back way" crossing. I'd have to dig up the name of the the town but it is NOT a busy crossing. Should be easy to find. Drop me a PM if you want more info.

I have been using Warhorse Development bags for the past year. I prefer to use rectangular-shaped bags for the DT, but was using the RedTac 1/2 Pint for a while as well, it was just limited to relatively level shots.

Does anyone have any information on the SRSM2 that was released at Shot?

Apparently Desert Tech had "one more thing" to release at Shot. Any idea what this is?

Those of you with a .223 conversion- are you utilizing a dedicated bolt, or changing heads out each time you shoot between .223 and .308 or Mag setup?

I see that now. Makes me feel a little better. I was worried they released a double stack magazine or a new clamping system, or something else really cool that would be incompatible with the A2.

Those of you with a .223 conversion- are you utilizing a dedicated bolt, or changing heads out each time you shoot between .223 and .308 or Mag setup?
For myself I went ahead with a dedicated bolt for this setup, so I'm not having to change out heads at the range or wherever. I just simply swap a barrel &bolt and I'm good to go.

Reactions: 65x55guy
I ,sorry to say, am changing the heads out.
Whatever works best for you or the other guys.
Both ways work just fine, it’s all about personal preference.

I’m one of those guys that prefer to have a complete bolt ready. But I know I’m weird like that ?

Reactions: cro789
OK, As I prepare to buy the SRS A2... Spurh Mounts. I've loved them since I saw them. I'd like to run a 56mm objective. Any particular ring height from Spuhr I should use? I'll be shooting within a mile at most, I don't know if I'd benefit from the 30 mil of elevation.

You need to pick something like the 4602 which has 1.5” height, and 20 MOA. Any less and it’ll be hard to get a good sight picture. The DT’s were designed around 1.5” high mount.

Personally I like the ARC M10 mounts better than Spuhr. You can find the ARC mounts for sale here on the PX around $250 or so.

OK, As I prepare to buy the SRS A2... Spurh Mounts. I've loved them since I saw them. I'd like to run a 56mm objective. Any particular ring height from Spuhr I should use? I'll be shooting within a mile at most, I don't know if I'd benefit from the 30 mil of elevation.

ive got a 4802 mount on my a1 ,
13mil/44moa

28.5 mils available from 100 yard zero Gen2 Razor 4.5-27x56

on my a1 rail i cant fit a front flip cap but on your a2 that wont be an issue

Welp, bit the bullet and did it. SRS A2 with a DT optic mount (20MOA) in 6.5 Creedmoor. 400rds of DTA to start.
Now for the optic, tripod, LRF, and Kestrel...
Think I'm gonna pick up a few shifts.

Welcome to the rabbit hole :)

in all seriousness..congrats....DTs are a wonderful platform.