• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Nick,

I hope you don't let a few haters influence your decision. The vast majority of the posts on this thread are very constructive and speak highly of your product. As a DTA owner, I have been very appreciative of your posts and insights into your product. I hope you will revisit your decision and decide to continue being a valuable resource on this website.

If you decide not to, I completely understand. However your presence will be missed by those of us who stand by your products as loyal customers. Thanks for producing an innovative, unique, and overall superb shooting system.

Regards,
Jed

I realize that I am late to the party but, why does a replacement rifle have to go through a dealer?

Example: my friend bought a remington 700 at Dicks. Come to find out the scope base holes were off center. He sends the rifle back to remington for warranty and they replace the rifle and send it straight to his house. Why can this not be done in this case?

New serial number means a new transfer. If they were fixing the rifle, and not replacing it outright, then it can go straight back to the buyer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">New serial number means a new transfer. If they were fixing the rifle, and not replacing it outright, then it can go straight back to the buyer. </div></div>

Wrong!

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/brady-law.html#repair-transfer

Q: A firearm is delivered to a licensee by an unlicensed individual for the purpose of repair. Is the return of the repaired firearm subject to the requirements of the Brady law? <span style="color: #990000">Would the transfer of a replacement firearm from the licensee to the owner of the damaged firearm be subject to the requirements of the Brady law?</span>

Neither the transfer of a repaired firearm <span style="color: #000099">nor the transfer of a replacement firearm would be subject to the requirements of the Brady law.</span> Furthermore, the regulations provide that a Form 4473 is not required to cover these transactions. However, the licensee’s permanent acquisition and disposition records should reflect the return of the firearm or the transfer of a replacement firearm.

[27 CFR 478.124-25]

Then how would a FFL holder have a record of a gun transfering? They either got to have a FFL or the 4473 on file. I personally do no know of a single FFL holder that would transfer any gun replacement or not without doing the paperwork on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then how would a FFL holder have a record of a gun transfering? They either got to have a FFL or the 4473 on file. I personally do no know of a single FFL holder that would transfer any gun replacement or not without doing the paperwork on it. </div></div>

Then they don't know the law.

"the licensee’s permanent acquisition and disposition records should reflect the return of the firearm or <span style="font-weight: bold">the transfer of a replacement firearm</span>."

This is straight from the ATF web page. I just felt it was pertinent to this situation.

The FFL can log it in through their book anyway they want. But they also need to log it out also. I have enough friends with FFLs that have gone through audits, that with every gun that goes out, it needs a FFL# to go with it or a 4473. That is how they trace where guns are going to.

The ATF site might say one thing, but I have seen discrepancies between "the rules" and what happens in audits. Just recently I had a friend get in trouble for not calling in NFA transfers, even when he had all the NFA transfees fill out a 4473 to show who picked it up, while the rule that I went by and everyone else went by is

"Is a NICS check required for the sale of firearms registered under the National Firearms Act (NFA)?
No, assuming all NFA requirements have been satisfied."

The ATF is wanting a NICs number with every transfer now.

There must be something wrong with your comprehension skills.

Who said anything about an NFA transfer? This would not be a sale.

This is him sending his gun in for a repair and them replacing HIS gun with a different one.

The example I gave earlier was not hypothetical. It actually happened. Remington replaced his rifle with a new one with a different serial number and shipped it back to him. I'm sure Remington is not going to risk there entire business by doing something illegal. You either know the law or you don't.

And the law is always up to interpretation. As my example would suggest. Dealing with the ATF most people/dealers do not go by what is said on the site or they have been told.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the law is always up to interpretation. As my example would suggest. Dealing with the ATF most people/dealers do not go by what is said on the site or they have been told. </div></div>

Oh, OK
crazy.gif

An update...

Nick has reached out to me and has offered to take care of the situation. I will update you guys when my replacement rifle arrives and i have some new shooting reports.

Hello All

This post is to Nick.

Nick I understand how you feel

But

The vast majority of us here REALLY wish you would
stay .
Not because we want to trash you or anything but because
being able to ACTUALLY HEAR FROM THE MAN WHO PRODUCES OUR PRODUCTS We buy is well to put it mildly VERY VERY NICE..

I screwed my trigger up , yes I did it AND you all took care of me ...
I for one ( there are MANY more) look forward to MY DESIGNERS posts... For many reasons.
I have a Gen 1 gun and am very happy with it...I felt stupid about what I did and you took care of me. YOUR STAFF made it very easy.

AND you have taken care of the problem outlined in the recent threads.
SOO please don't leave . I dare say EVERYONE here agrees that having you here is a GOOD thing no matter what.
Its says alot about you , and DTA ...

Thanks again to all of you at DTA
And Happy Holidays Nick
you made mine better..

copk9

+1 with copk 9

the fact i could speak directly with the rifle company owner is one reason why i order a DTA.
all the thing i read through this forum coming from sr 90 show a great customer service.

thank you

Nick,

I really hope you don't go. I see how it can be immensely frustrating to you some of the crap that gets spilled on here. Just take it with a grain of salt. There is absolutely no way you are going to make everyone happy.

This is a good example for anyone in customer service. Think before you speak/act. As the old saying goes, don't shit where you eat.

Good luck with your company Nick, the DTA has the makings of a great product. I am enjoying mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cynergy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And as promised I wont post anymore
smile.gif
</div></div>

cynergy, judging by your posts so far I think it would benefit both users and DTA if <span style="font-style: italic">you</span> were the guy handling all public, customer, and dealer relations. Please stay, keep us informed, and be our advocate within DTA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbooksta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cynergy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And as promised I wont post anymore
smile.gif
</div></div>

cynergy, judging by your posts so far I think it would benefit both users and DTA if <span style="font-style: italic">you</span> were the guy handling all public, customer, and dealer relations. Please stay, keep us informed, and be our advocate within DTA. </div></div>

I agree Mike is a great asset to DTA.

Pretty disheartening to see the way people are acting on here. DTA has always tried to make their customers happy.

After having met a lot of you in person, that or having spoke to MANY of you on the phone I guess I would have expected more from grown men.

I work here at Desert Tactical Munitions. I was a customer of Nicks LONG before I was an employee. He took care of me before my employment and sure as hell bends over backwards for current customers.

I'm glad to see Mike on here as well. He takes every customer issue to heart and will do whatever he needs to make people happy.

I hope everyone at DTA doesn't make broad assumptions about DTA owners on the Hide just because of a vocal few. If you look at the vast majority of the posts in this 135 page thread, most are of happy customers. Sometimes it's easy to focus on the negative, but there are a lot of satisfied customers here.

Keep up the good work at DTA!

Hello All

Nick , and Mike ..
Believe me I get bashed almost every day in my work.

BUT

I also have the Honor of Being decorated more than once for saving a human life by my actions.

My SRS that you created rides with me......

Stay on here both of you...

The adventure is just begining !!!!

be safe all

copk9

Being a cop for 10 years and in retail gun sales since 2003 I have some pretty thick skin. I will stick around and add what I can. I am happy to help any of you with any questions, problems, or concerns. All I ask is to shoot me a pm, or an email [email protected]. I do truly love our product, Im not saying it is perfect....yet..... and constructive feedback is always welcomed.

Russ, first off I am surpised you stopped fondling your new hi-point long enough to post. Secondly, Snickers just because I used and abused you dont bring your hurt to a public forum. No need for name calling!
smile.gif

Nick,
It's your expertise and experience as weapon designer and businessperson in the shooting industry that make you such an asset to the Sniper's Hide community. There are many members here with great expertise in marksmanship and precision shooting, but far fewer that are also directly linked to the shooting industry. I understand that the internet BS can be extremely frustrating, but it's going to happen regardless. I hope you can find a way to (mostly) ignore it and continue to help us out here at SH with your knowledge and experience. Best wishes to you and DTA in any case!

Nick, I would ask you to please stay on the Hide. I have two of your first gen SRSs. Well one has been converted to a Covert which I love and may convert the other one. Speaking of which I need to call you guys to discuss that shortened 338 you made up.

Anyway...my point is please stay and just respond to those that have questions about the product. The Hide has done a very good job of keeping the Mall Ninjas out of the site but there are some that like to create drama where ever they go and the Hide is no different.

I ordered my first SRS about 2 day it was released at the SHOT in 2008. Mine is in single digits as far as the serial goes. Oh heck they are both under 60.

So anyway..please stay and keep supporting us. I have had great customer service from Desert Tactical Arms from the first day I called to place an order for a nonexistant and not yet in production rifle (I recognized the genius behind the design) and never looked back or regretted selling two very nice custom rifles I had to fund the two I currently own.

nick just have russ give you a hug, he's just a big teddy bear anyways
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nick just have russ give you a hug, he's just a big teddy bear anyways
wink.gif
</div></div>

Jeez, we spend one weekend together and you treat me like a tramp. Pimpin' me out to all the guys!

I to apologize for my actions, I love this forum and the people. I to need to learn some restraint some time. The DTA platform is very good at what it is intended for. I do believe the guys at DTA are trying their best to be the best. We all grow each day. So good luck to you guys at DTA.

Glad to hear you will still be here. Your rifle is amazing. The few times I have needed DTA's CS have been great. The salesman (Ethan) remembers my name and even my application for the rifle. The icing on the cake is that we get information and can provide feed back to the man that is steering the ship right here. That too is superior customer service.

Also, Travis is a good man. He is trying to please his customers every bit as much as DTA.

Tiffs happen between people, and that is all this was.

Ty

Here is a pic of Mike and Joe after their last argument. Gotta love when things work out.

gay-men-hug-woods-482.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a pic of Mike and Joe after their last argument. Gotta love when things work out.

gay-men-hug-woods-482.jpg

</div></div>

Looks more like a pic of Joe and Russ to me.............

Russ it is amazing what you have done with photoshop! Great pic! Why did you edit yourself out of the pic? As i remember it you were the camp bi#$% on the trip begging for some affection. In fact that is where I named you snickers, because as I recall you always have a mouth full of nuts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cynergy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Russ it is amazing what you have done with photoshop! Great pic! Why did you edit yourself out of the pic? As i remember it you were the camp bi#$% on the trip begging for some affection. In fact that is where I named you snkiers, because as I recall you always have a mouth full of nuts. </div></div>

I took the photo, duh.

Cynergy, atleast spell "snickers" right.

I made the correction now quit mouthing off and finish my laundry!

I can't wait to shoot mine (SRS in 300 win mag)...should be coming soon. Ethan of DTA was great in putting together my order.

Nick and everyone at DTA

THANKS

AND

Merry Christmas to all .

And a very HAPPY NEW YEAR

copk9

Another potential product you guys could make would be a smooth REPR style forend, with add on rails to save on weight. Especially in a covert package, I feel this would be something worth while. Just an idea.

Jesus how did you find a picture of Russ from when he was in the service?

This is out of left field but that private tank collection in Tooele, UT is bad ass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is out of left field but that private tank collection in Tooele, UT is bad ass. </div></div>

That is about 5 minutes from my house JFC.

Well all I can say is that DTA has always done me right. And I agree with the statement about Ethan being a huge asset to the company. He helped me out big time and got me everything I need when I did have an issue with my rifle and overnighted the parts. The rifle is a truly amazing platform and the CS makes it even stronger. Keep up the great work and ignore all the haters.

And the picture on the last page literally almost made me throw up. LOL

When I removed the .308 bolt from my SRS, I noticed that the firing pin protrudes about 1/8 in. if the bolt face is down.
Is this the normal "free-floating" behavior?