• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Raptor 2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I removed the .308 bolt from my SRS, I noticed that the firing pin protrudes about 1/8 in. if the bolt face is down.
Is this the normal "free-floating" behavior?

</div></div>

That is normal.

Trolling for rotten eggs here...

How much would I suffer if I had a 26" 260 SRS Barrel cut down to 22" like the .308 Barrel? The .308 is nice and compact, even with a suppressor, but a .260 starts to get a bit long, especially with a suppressor when in the field.

Just throwing the idea out, wondering how foolish.... Am I giving up 50fps, 100?

There has been a lot of complaints here recently about DTA. I have to say that I love mine. The design of the rifle is superior to just about everything else I've seen or used. I am not the world's greatest tactical marksman but I know break through engineering when I see it. While there may have been some problems, I am willing to work through them because I really love the DTA product. My two cents for what their worth.

Merry Christmas You All!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WHITE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There has been a lot of complaints here recently about DTA. I have to say that I love mine. The design of the rifle is superior to just about everything else I've seen or used. I am not the world's greatest tactical marksman but I know break through engineering when I see it. While there may have been some problems, I am willing to work through them because I really love the DTA product. My two cents for what their worth.

Merry Christmas You All!</div></div>

Yes...Ethan is a cool guy!

Just curious, how long does it take to receive the rifle from DTA? I ordered it last week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoBig</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WHITE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There has been a lot of complaints here recently about DTA. I have to say that I love mine. The design of the rifle is superior to just about everything else I've seen or used. I am not the world's greatest tactical marksman but I know break through engineering when I see it. While there may have been some problems, I am willing to work through them because I really love the DTA product. My two cents for what their worth.

Merry Christmas You All!</div></div>

Yes...Ethan is a cool guy!

Just curious, how long does it take to receive the rifle from DTA? I ordered it last week.</div></div>

I dont know but I placed an order for a 260 Rem barrel about a month ago and I still not have received it yet. They said the product is in stock and it was shipped a couple weeks ago only to find out it was never shipped!

Now after my dealer bitched them out they air shipped the barrel a couple days ago only to ship it to the wrong address. On top of it all, they charged me $60 to originally ground ship a f'ing barrel!

Yes Im pissed off! I really love my DTA SRS rifle but its been a very frustrating experience dealing with their customer service (or rather their lack of it). Look at it this way, you can buy the best car in the world but if its a bitch to get parts or have it serviced you will be a miserable bastard down the road. I really hope my DTA never craps out on me. So far it has been exceptional in its performance.

I hope this is the proper place to ask this question.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with DTA warranty service? I damaged my scope rings and wanted to purchase replacement parts. I've been trying to get in touch with them on and off since November. I've called, emailed, and even left a message with no luck.

You just have to keep on calling them and hope someone answers. Whenever I left a voicemail I never got a return call. I called a few times when my barrel never arrived to check on status and it was tough to speak to a live person. Eventually, I let my dealer take care of it for me. He was able to get in touch with them. Finally they figured out the barrel was never shipped thats why they could not generate a tracking number.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope this is the proper place to ask this question.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with DTA warranty service. I damaged my scope rings and wanted to purchase replacement parts. I've been trying to get in touch with them on and off since November? I've called, emailed, and even left a message with no luck.

</div></div>

I've never had to call customer service, but when I call marketing, I always get someone. I would let someone in marketing know your issues with customer service and maybe they can help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope this is the proper place to ask this question.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with DTA warranty service? I damaged my scope rings and wanted to purchase replacement parts. I've been trying to get in touch with them on and off since November. I've called, emailed, and even left a message with no luck.

</div></div>

PM Sent. You PM me your number and you'll have a call tomorrow.

Hello

I have had minor problems with my DTA SRS

All my fault !!!

DTA has been great with minor time issues.
But super easy to deal with.

I suspect most if not all issues are due to Growing pains...

And I believe all will be worked out as Nick says.

Its still one heck of a Platform...

I Love it ...
copk9

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RussW1911 ®</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope this is the proper place to ask this question.

</div></div>

PM Sent. You PM me your number and you'll have a call tomorrow. </div></div>

Everything is fixed. Thank you very much!

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a surefire 762 brake on the SRS system. I ordered a SPECTER BABR from Black Ops Precision and I want to be able to switch between systems. I used the search function and saw mention of a using the 338 brake. If anyone could let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeSnifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if it is possible to use a surefire 762 brake on the SRS system. I ordered a SPECTER BABR from Black Ops Precision and I want to be able to switch between systems. I used the search function and saw mention of a using the 338 brake. If anyone could let me know I would greatly appreciate it. </div></div>

The barrels are threaded for the .338 cans, so .30 cal (5/8) stuff usually needs to have the barrel re-threaded. I end up doing this to mine so I can run my .30 cal cans.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRSDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeSnifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know if it is possible to use a surefire 762 brake on the SRS system. I ordered a SPECTER BABR from Black Ops Precision and I want to be able to switch between systems. I used the search function and saw mention of a using the 338 brake. If anyone could let me know I would greatly appreciate it. </div></div>

The barrels are threaded for the .338 cans, so .30 cal (5/8) stuff usually needs to have the barrel re-threaded. I end up doing this to mine so I can run my .30 cal cans. </div></div>
All of our barrels come threaded 3/4x24. If you would like to use a 5/8 can, here is another good option: http://www.deltapdesign.com/accessories-store/dta-adapter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoBig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[/quote]

Just curious, how long does it take to receive the rifle from DTA? I ordered it last week. </div></div>

Anyone...maybe someone from DTA?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoBig</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoBig</div><div class="ubbcode-body"></div></div>

Just curious, how long does it take to receive the rifle from DTA? I ordered it last week. </div></div>

Anyone...maybe someone from DTA? [/quote]
We guarantee that an order will ship within 30 days of receiving your payment, but they typically ship much sooner than that. I would say average is about ten days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Psypress</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoBig</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoBig</div><div class="ubbcode-body"></div></div>

Anyone...maybe someone from DTA? </div></div>
We guarantee that an order will ship within 30 days of receiving your payment, but they typically ship much sooner than that. I would say average is about ten days. [/quote]

Thanks so much for the response! Within 10 days would be great...!

Thanks for the replies guys. It is good to know the brake works, but I forgot to ask whether they also work with the can attached. Is there enough space there for it to mount up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeSnifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the replies guys. It is good to know the brake works, but I forgot to ask whether they also work with the can attached. Is there enough space there for it to mount up? </div></div>
Thumbs up on the 26" barrel, but I don't think it will work on the 22".

I put in my order for a .308 Covert on the 8th or 9th and they told me it should ship within 30 days. I called yesterday to double check everything because there were some issues with my card and they told me they thought it was shipping out that day.
grin.gif
In fairness he said not to hold him to it though. Either way if I do get it that would be awesome since I'm off until the 2nd.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Newguy2k3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I put in my order for a .308 Covert on the 8th or 9th and they told me it should ship within 30 days. I called yesterday to double check everything because there were some issues with my card and they told me they thought it was shipping out that day.
grin.gif
In fairness he said not to hold him to it though. Either way if I do get it that would be awesome since I'm off until the 2nd. </div></div>

Wos, that is fast! Considering the GREAT sale they have had. I did contact them and they said that it would most likely ship next week...
grin.gif

just got my srs from eurooptic today, they were wonderful to deal with! but after chambering a snap cap and trying to pull the trigger after i got home, there was no tension on the trigger and no resistance or sound indicating that the firing pin went off. so i disassembled the bolt and found that the striker seems to be different from the one pictured in the manual:

photo1cu.jpg

photo2qdb.jpg

photoypl.jpg

am I right in thinking that the striker is broken?

its late on a friday before a big holiday so I am just trying to get an confirmation on if the part is broken or not. if it is no big deal ill contact eurooptics and im sure they'll square me away after the holidays

Yes, that striker is broken, we had a handful that were machined out of spec that slipped out the door. We will get you another ASAP. Please call Kent at 801-975-7272 and he will get you another.

Hey everyone been reading this thread along with others for awhile now. New to this site and got a few questions here to help me decide on what rifle to get. I'm good buddies with patches that started this thread and have shot his DTA befor he made the "STUPID" decision to sell it!!!! I'm up in the air with the DTA, a McMillan style set up/GAP or a larue OBR. All have there ups and downs just not sure which to go with.

And for those of you who didnt know patches hasn't posted in awhile due to a tragic hanggliding accident, where he went down in a masterful tornado of bravery. He was smuggling snuggies and shakeweights in his prison wallet across the boarder to be sold on the black market to fund his custom mosin nagant build. Let him live on in our hearts and rest in peace PATCHES you will be missed!!!!

If you want small and the ability to change calibers DTA all the way.
If you want it built exactly how you want GAP all the way.
If you dont want to work a bolt OBR all the way.

Can't go wrong with any of them, its a matter of what you want to do with it.

That's my problem... Wanting to get into long range/coyote hunting!!! Like I said be for my good friend patches had the DTA and I loved it just never handled a OBR or a gap much

I have a DTA and love it, I have a gap ar10 and a gap bolt gun all are awesome weapons.

Bigjoe I wish I had the same problem, I have slung a few rounds down range with the DTA and was an awesome rig. I'm pretty much made up my mind on the DTA unless I get told otherwise!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
img_5244-tm-tfb.jpg
</div></div>

Sweet! What caliber/barrel/twist, and what length?

Who's can?

I'd like to guess: 308 Win, 16", 1:8" twist. Right?
smile.gif

Hey guys I'm new to this site and just doing some research into DTA's SRS. I have only shot it at 100yds and I was impressed by the handling & its balance. One question, I have seen a few pics of different builds and was wondering if the Gen 2 had a different bolt knob. Some pics of the gun had a ball knob and some did not. I gotta do a little more research before I can "pull the trigger" on buying it but all I can say is that the system looks beautifully efficient.

I got a gen 2, it comes with a ball knob. But that can be changed if I can figure out the threading spec.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Raptor 2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got a gen 2, it comes with a ball knob. But that can be changed if I can figure out the threading spec. </div></div>
When did you get your Gen 2? I was told that mine was on its way, I should be getting it hopefully Fiday or Saturday. I'll let you know what knob it has when I get it.

If someone wants to trade me a ball knob, I'll trade the other style (don't know what to call it, funnel style maybe?) I personally prefer the ball.

Roger that, thanks for the info. I'm so close to buying this system but the price is kinda steep for a fully operational rifle.

Lots of good intel on this thread and I'm glad I joined. Have a great day guys.

-B.Dean

I currently shoot an SRS . I'm just starting to shoot comps with it
Its a great idea to set up something for DTA firearms.
it won't be long they will be the preferred competition title.

I've shot a few comps with a custom built M40a3 with a surgeon action and it's a damn laser beam. Shoots way better than me. But it's very haavy and cumbersome compaired to this DTA SRS. Some colligues of mine are testing it's accuracy and consistency but with all the good reviews out there, I'm sure it'll come out just fine. I guess I'm just old school and the bull-pup just scares me.

I'll tell you what though, running a few miles and shooting with the SRS has gotta be a lot less of a pain in the butt than my fat M40. haha.

Anyone know if DTA is open today, I tried calling but got voicemail both times.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If someone wants to trade me a ball knob, I'll trade the other style (don't know what to call it, funnel style maybe?) I personally prefer the ball. </div></div>

+1, Another vote for the round bolt knob.

My dealer got me a round bolt knob - After taking a class where the instructor was commenting on the funky ergo's with the 'teardrop' and whatnot (after watching me cycle the bolt under stress), I became a lot more aware of how the bolt knob was influencing my operation of the action.

I found switching to the round bolt knob made cycling the action easier and required less 'stress' if you will in my hand.

Just wanted to say hi and post up a pic of my SRS. Have less than 250 rounds through it and it shoots better than me. The Laserlyte K-15 is just for giggles and lives on another rifle, just put it on for a laugh.
post-402-0-12203400-1314744753.jpg

Looks awesome. Im saving now for an SRS in .260

Guys, what is my sight height for the DTA with the 34 mm 30 MOA cant DTA rings?

2.6"?

Folks...in your opinion, how well does the DTA SRS QD brake compare to the DTA SRS "standard" brake for taming recoil?

I know the QD is at a disadvantage, however, is it substantial?