Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

canezach

House of Chingasos
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Apr 18, 2014
    Colorado
    thank you. I have tried the rifle direct to arcs clamp on the ball head and it still doesn’t feel as stable as I’d like. A lot of it is probably my poor technique but I’d like to try the leveling base in the bowl style. Does it limit your pitch angle or amount of incline/decline you can get vs a ball head?
    The ballhead will give you more inclination and declination, but unless you're taking really high or low angle shots, you aren't handicapping yourself with a leveling base. And if you do, you can always adjust the tripod legs to give you the up or down angle you need. There's a thread about leveling base angles from a couple of years ago. I'll see if I can find it and you'll see the leveling base so give you plenty of range

rob.sfo

Supporter
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    May 6, 2018
    Contra Costa County, CA
    Now that I’ve had the SRS for a couple weeks and shot a match with it, I’m trying to get the tripod integration setup right. How are y’all running your SRSs on tripods? For reference, I intend to run this in a few field matches and this year big game hunting.

NavyshooterM40

CAPT USN (ret)
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Sep 19, 2010
    Texas