• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

1673978754291.png

Happiness is getting confirmation of new barrels shipping...

Sort of. I usually order replacement barrel when a new one arrives, that way waiting a year is no biggie. These are a bit different as they are for a new chassis. Ordered two I knew I needed (.338LM Improved & .300NM), then a week later realized "hmm, maybe I do need a 30" 6.5x47L ?"

Is there a comprehensive list of places to source barrels. I apologize if I missed it the 300 pages of posts :) I am wanting a 30 cal 300 Norma or PRC, preferably Carbon. Thanks in advance!

For carbon, Special Purpose Rifles is who you want to talk to, but rumor has it Proof isn't making SRS-compliant blanks anymore, so be sure to call SPR first.

Otherwise, the following regularly do SRS barrels:
ES Tactical
Short Action Customs

And then there are some places that can do them, but you need to check with them first:
TS Customs
Patriot Valley Arms
Benchmark
DMR

Edit: the less regular folks often need you to send in a worn out barrel as they either don't easily source the barrel extensions. SAC makes their own extensions, and ES has no problem sourcing extension and can use an existing extension on an older barrel.

Last edited:
For carbon, Special Purpose Rifles is who you want to talk to, but rumor has it Proof isn't making SRS-compliant blanks anymore, so be sure to call SPR first.

Otherwise, the following regularly do SRS barrels:
ES Tactical
Short Action Customs

And then there are some places that can do them, but you need to check with them first:
TS Customs
Patriot Valley Arms
Benchmark
DMR

Edit: the less regular folks often need you to send in a worn out barrel as they either don't easily source the barrel extensions. SAC makes their own extensions, and ES has no problem sourcing extension and can use an existing extension on an older barrel.
Thanks a ton for the detailed response!

Anyone have a place they recommend for paint/coloring work?
I usually use the camo coban, wanted to try a Kuiu Verde pattern to match the camo I have.
Tried a vinyl wrap myself (not precut, just big old sheet I tried to finagle)… that didn’t look too pretty.
Suggestions?

Anyone have a place they recommend for paint/coloring work?
I usually use the camo coban, wanted to try a Kuiu Verde pattern to match the camo I have.
Tried a vinyl wrap myself (not precut, just big old sheet I tried to finagle)… that didn’t look too pretty.
Suggestions?
Daniel at Primal Finish has a some badass Kuiu cerakotes, does great work too

Reactions: Farmerbrown32
Not a 300 BO, but a 450 Bushmaster conversion with the Hybrid 46 and some subsonic rounds is a blast to shoot with the SRS.

So, I had a load for my 75ELD that was a humdinger on my 18" plate at 1180 yards. RL15. Then I accidentally ruined my last 8# of it by mixing in some 2015. Devastating. Can't find RL15 anywhere. But my 25.5 grain load (Hornady brass) varied wildly with temperature, and had sh!t for SD - 25 fps SD was typical. So even though it was screaming at 3025 fps in summer (2950 in winter) and shot around 1/2 MOA, I asked some of you for suggestions above for a VARGET load.

My SD with varget 25.0/Hornady brass/205M were about 18, so first thing I did was prep some old Lapua brass (I used hornady for the extra 1.0 grains H20 capacity: 30.5 grains H20), and reduce the charge from 25 to 24 and 24.5 (cuz lapua lower capacity: 29.5 grains H20) and that latter load looks like where the money is for my SAC barrel (loading on a supertrickler, so all are +/- 0.02 grains). I'm losing about 60 fps compared to RL15 but gaining temp stability, more accuracy, and lower SD (which is probably the brass). Thanks for the guidance guys!

(And yes, I'm shooting 10 shot groups now after the Hornady #50 podcast. FOr 223 its not a problem and I have a mattress inflator that I use as a high CFM barrel cooler, so I just shoot a string and then blow it for 5 minutes and then repeat.)

Attachments

• 1DEEBC6A-253A-4DC5-B649-338F9CE84F5F.jpeg
    1DEEBC6A-253A-4DC5-B649-338F9CE84F5F.jpeg
    623.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
So, I had a load for my 75ELD that was a humdinger on my 18" plate at 1180 yards. RL15. Then I accidentally ruined my last 8# of it by mixing in some 2015. Devastating. Can't find RL15 anywhere. But my 25.5 grain load (Hornady brass) varied wildly with temperature, and had sh!t for SD - 25 fps SD was typical. So even though it was screaming at 3025 fps in summer (2950 in winter) and shot around 1/2 MOA, I asked some of you for suggestions above for a VARGET load.

My SD with varget 25.0/Hornady brass/205M were about 18, so first thing I did was prep some old Lapua brass (I used hornady for the extra 1.0 grains H20 capacity: 30.5 grains H20), and reduce the charge from 25 to 24 and 24.5 (cuz lapua lower capacity: 29.5 grains H20) and that latter load looks like where the money is for my SAC barrel (loading on a supertrickler, so all are +/- 0.02 grains). I'm losing about 60 fps compared to RL15 but gaining temp stability, more accuracy, and lower SD (which is probably the brass). Thanks for the guidance guys!

(And yes, I'm shooting 10 shot groups now after the Hornady #50 podcast. FOr 223 its not a problem and I have a mattress inflator that I use as a high CFM barrel cooler, so I just shoot a string and then blow it for 5 minutes and then repeat.)
Nice work!

Hi guys,
its probably somewhere in the thread but ,
we’re can I get a mag/chamber flag like the one Chidj uses on pg 308 . Thanks

I won’t buy stuff from Britain. They have no conception of customer service and their shipping industry is crippled by BREXIT issues. Brits are a PITA to deal with comercially. Pass.

Had many optics over the last few months on my SRS, S&B , ZCO , Nightforce , Zeiss , Leica ...thought it was time to put the BEST with the BEST!! :)

and , that would be "Tangent Theta " and "Desert Tech" :)

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    780.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 88.jpg
    88.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 68
The flush cups on the butt stock of the DT's are the rotating type, is there a good option to switch to something non-rotating?

I don’t think so. They also loosen up over time, so I’ve been in the habit of tightening them down before heading out. In the past when I’ve had to hump my SRS I’ve just wrapped them in tape to make it harder for them to flip around.

Reactions: HenryTheAce
Mine kept loosening off to so I lock tited them. I might have to see if I can modify them to not rotate.

The one potential hiccup with threadlocking them is that, at least with the Gen 1 chassis, you have to remove them to remove the skins.

Hi guys,
its probably somewhere in the thread but ,
we’re can I get a mag/chamber flag like the one Chidj uses on pg 308 . Thanks

My oversized carbon fiber rails are finally completed.
You can purchase these on my site.
They are ready to ship.

NOTE: this was a hemp site that I had for a trial business that I did, but ended up shutting down.

I also am working with Short action customs to provide these for custom builds. You will be able to purchase these from them as well.

I have been using this rail on my rifle for for over 6 months now and a couple thousand rounds through it from .308, 6.5cm to my .300 norma mag. This rail came with me on my 10 day hunt to Idaho this past fall. It has been tested and proven to be much stronger and more durable than the OEM rail. There is almost no flex to the rail when you push down on the barrel of the gun. (Try it with your OEM rail and let me know how much it moves, 1/4inch?)
I also have knoticed an accuracy improvement off the bipod with this rail. With the same hand loads I was getting .2-.3” 100 yard groups. With this rail, that same load off a bipod will shoot .10-.18” groups back to back.

Attachments

• 237E18C2-E07A-491F-9964-60CB78810B97.jpeg
    237E18C2-E07A-491F-9964-60CB78810B97.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Had some odd things happen over the last few days with my HTI. I have my optic 0’d to my .408 barrel normally and the offset for the .375 barrel with ATIPS is 4” right. I have been using the 375 barrel more in recent months to do ATIP load development. I put on the .408 barrel to chronograph a new lot of Peterson brass and my first shot was 9” high. The second was right on the point of aim and the other three were 4” high. I then took a shot at the 400 meter target and was about 10” high. Chronograph did not show any deviations in velocity average of 2860 9 fps ES.

I did notice that three of the front screws on the optic were a bit loose so I torqued them down to the recommended 15 inch pounds.

Yesterday I was testing ATIPS with H50BMG .100” of the lands. 1st shot went 12” high and the second two were at point of aim 1/2 MOA group. Chronograph did not show any significant deviation in velocity, single digit ES. None of the screws on the optic were loose

I am thinking my optic is going tits up. Or is there something on the chassis that could cause this?

Any of you have anything similar happen before?

Had some odd things happen over the last few days with my HTI. I have my optic 0’d to my .408 barrel normally and the offset for the .375 barrel with ATIPS is 4” right. I have been using the 375 barrel more in recent months to do ATIP load development. I put on the .408 barrel to chronograph a new lot of Peterson brass and my first shot was 9” high. The second was right on the point of aim and the other three were 4” high. I then took a shot at the 400 meter target and was about 10” high. Chronograph did not show any deviations in velocity average of 2860 9 fps ES.

I did notice that three of the front screws on the optic were a bit loose so I torqued them down to the recommended 15 inch pounds.

Yesterday I was testing ATIPS with H50BMG .100” of the lands. 1st shot went 12” high and the second two were at point of aim 1/2 MOA group. Chronograph did not show any significant deviation in velocity, single digit ES. None of the screws on the optic were loose

I am thinking my optic is going tits up. Or is there something on the chassis that could cause this?

Have you checked the screws on the scope mount ? Is th3 scope moving?

Have you tried another optic
Yeah...definatley try another. Some time ago i was having all sorts of issues with horizontal variations....thought to myself it cant be the optic cause it was a New ZCO 5-27. well as it turns out it was indeed the Optic!!! Fitted an old Nightforce NXS i use for testing and all was good.

Just recently i had some issues with vertical variations when i had a Nightforce ATACR 7-35 near maxed out for travel.. fitted a prism and reduced the travel and the issues disappeared.

I have a March GENISIS 6-60 arriving in couple of days time to fit to my HTI.......should take care of the need to max out the scope travel !!!

Don't disregard the optic no matter what make it is..

Reactions: M77 and 232593

I'm interested in what you find out what was/is the cause.

Reactions: 232593
Trying to locate a A1 standard length forearm. Also want to buy or rent the removal tool. Thanks
Any luck finding a forearm? I have been looking also. Didn't want to pay over 400 when I could get them but I guess I should have bitten the bullet then

Going to be pretty difficult, their tech support seems to be less than capable. They struggle with doing the simple things like answering correspondence.
My 416 barrett conversion kit wouldn't fit in my chassis, the other 3 conversions did. I sent it to DT, they worked on the chassis to get it to fit. Sent it back to me. It went from 3/4" groups with the 50bmg barrel to vertical stringing 12"-14". Changed the scope to make sure it wasn't that. It wasn't so I sent it back again. This probably went on 3 month's or so iirc with warranty and various others including Nick Young. I was told they'd take care of it and in the end, they sent me a new chassis. It was definitely aggravating. I figure like everywhere else in the country, no one wants to get a job and work anymore. I'm just curious if there's something in the clamping/vise area that can cause this.

My 416 barrett conversion kit wouldn't fit in my chassis, the other 3 conversions did. I sent it to DT, they worked on the chassis to get it to fit. Sent it back to me. It went from 3/4" groups with the 50bmg barrel to vertical stringing 12"-14". Changed the scope to make sure it wasn't that. It wasn't so I sent it back again. This probably went on 3 month's or so iirc with warranty and various others including Nick Young. I was told they'd take care of it and in the end, they sent me a new chassis. It was definitely aggravating. I figure like everywhere else in the country, no one wants to get a job and work anymore. I'm just curious if there's something in the clamping/vise area that can cause this.
My last 3 SRS conversions didn’t fit, had to modify the extension. Yet the SAC 223 kit fit perfectly fine. I like my SRS but the quality of their work has gone downhill at least 6-7 years ago. I’ll certainly never buy another DT product.

My last 3 SRS conversions didn’t fit, had to modify the extension. Yet the SAC 223 kit fit perfectly fine. I like my SRS but the quality of their work has gone downhill at least 6-7 years ago. I’ll certainly never buy another DT product.
I'm on the fence about buying another HTI chassis, just not sure if I want to yet. I have 2 Elite Iron cans in waiting and would like to have 2 systems set up ready all the time. It seems like some of the barrel extensions are out of spec.