• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Heads up the 6gt doesn't eject real well. Shoots great but a good ejector spring and quick bolt manipulation will be your best friend
I've noticed that with short action rounds in the DT. My 223 wouldn't eject well and my 260 was hit or miss. I feel like it shines in long actions.

Finally broke my on-hand DT barrels in. It was all with retail ammo and all with out of the box barrels that hadn't been shot at all yet.

Below is the .223rem target. There's 4 shots in there where I'm getting a zero that are pretty obvious. Those are where I was getting the zero dialed. Once I got a decent workable zero I ran one shot at the bottom red dot and then 5 shots at the center bull and then one shot at each of the red bulls on the periphery starting at bottom and working around clockwise. Then I cycled back to the center bull for 5 more shots and then back around starting from the bottom 3 times. So, the center bull has 20 shots in it and the perimeter red dots all have 3 (except the bottom one which has 4) because that's when I ran out of ammo. It's running well under minute of angle with bought ammo. Kudos to SAC on the .223 conversion. It's pretty pimp. 75gr Hornady Black at $1.70 a shot.
screen-shot-2022-03-06-at-1.50.16-am.png

Then I broke out the 300wm. It kicked pretty aggressively which I'm not super used to so after dumping a mag at dirt clods to get a reasonably workable zero I fired this set of groups clicking turrets up and over to keep me on fresh material and then I was done with heavy recoil and let some range neighbors who were scared of big rifles finish the box. They were impressed but no longer scared after dancing with the 300wm. What's really amazing to me is that all of those holes are actually 3-shot groups. I was/am stunned. Terminal Ascent ammo @$5 a shot.
screen-shot-2022-03-06-at-1.59.58-am.png

Then I broke out the 6XC and ran some Tubb ammo through it. 3 rounds to get a reasonable zero and then a rapid fire group. It'll do. Windage is on me. I shouldn't have used my aim point as an impact point and I was slapping the trigger a bit and flicking the booger coming off the trigger right as each shot broke. David Tubb's coated 115gr Ammo @ $2 a shot.
screen-shot-2022-03-06-at-2.00.23-am.png

I was able to get a good base zero which is pretty much the 6XC dope and then I can adjust/hold for the difference for 223rem and 300wm which (strangely) exactly share their zeros. So far all of the barrels shoot to the a consistent POA after barrel swapping or pulling off the scope and reattaching it.

Damned accurate rifles especially considering I just picked whatever ammo I could get from Midway. Gotta get this chubby to relax now.

Finally broke my on-hand DT barrels in. It was all with retail ammo and all with out of the box barrels that hadn't been shot at all yet.

Below is the .223rem target. There's 4 shots in there where I'm getting a zero that are pretty obvious. Those are where I was getting the zero dialed. Once I got a decent workable zero I ran one shot at the bottom red dot and then 5 shots at the center bull and then one shot at each of the red bulls on the periphery starting at bottom and working around clockwise. Then I cycled back to the center bull for 5 more shots and then back around starting from the bottom 3 times. So, the center bull has 20 shots in it and the perimeter red dots all have 3 (except the bottom one which has 4) because that's when I ran out of ammo. It's running well under minute of angle with bought ammo. Kudos to SAC on the .223 conversion. It's pretty pimp. 75gr Hornady Black at $1.70 a shot.
screen-shot-2022-03-06-at-1.50.16-am.png

Then I broke out the 300wm. It kicked pretty aggressively which I'm not super used to so after dumping a mag at dirt clods to get a reasonably workable zero I fired this set of groups clicking turrets up and over to keep me on fresh material and then I was done with heavy recoil and let some range neighbors who were scared of big rifles finish the box. They were impressed but no longer scared after dancing with the 300wm. What's really amazing to me is that all of those holes are actually 3-shot groups. I was/am stunned. Terminal Ascent ammo @$5 a shot.
screen-shot-2022-03-06-at-1.59.58-am.png

Then I broke out the 6XC and ran some Tubb ammo through it. 3 rounds to get a reasonable zero and then a rapid fire group. It'll do. Windage is on me. I shouldn't have used my aim point as an impact point and I was slapping the trigger a bit and flicking the booger coming off the trigger right as each shot broke. David Tubb's coated 115gr Ammo @ $2 a shot.
screen-shot-2022-03-06-at-2.00.23-am.png

I was able to get a good base zero which is pretty much the 6XC dope and then I can adjust/hold for the difference for 223rem and 300wm which (strangely) exactly share their zeros. So far all of the barrels shoot to the a consistent POA after barrel swapping or pulling off the scope and reattaching it.

Damned accurate rifles especially considering I just picked whatever ammo I could get from Midway. Gotta get this chubby to relax now.
Good job! Lots of fun.
How does your 223 and 6xc feed and eject?
I have to run my 6.5 PRC pretty hard to eject spent cases and even then a case may not make it out. Loaded rounds eject ok. That's about the only thing I don't like with the SRS. All of my longer cases eject fine.
It seems to me the shorter cases don't compress the ejector spring far enough to flip them adequately coming out of the barrel extension, especially when moving slow.
Thanks for sharing your photos!

Reactions: spamassassin
Good job! Lots of fun.
How does your 223 and 6xc feed and eject?
I have to run my 6.5 PRC pretty hard to eject spent cases and even then a case may not make it out. Loaded rounds eject ok. That's about the only thing I don't like with the SRS. All of my longer cases eject fine.
It seems to me the shorter cases don't compress the ejector spring far enough to flip them adequately coming out of the barrel extension, especially when moving slow.
Thanks for sharing your photos!
All cases fling out just fine as long as I don't move the bolt really really slowly or try to catch the brass. Jerky movement didn't help. It wants smooth retraction. When I tried to grab the brass on eject it would get bounced back into the action half the time. Both fed like a house on fire and I had no problems with pushing the bolt forward really slowly with them on 6XC or 223, only with retracting it. The 300wm was intolerant as hell of pushing the bolt forward really slowly, the extractor wouldn't reliably snap over the rim into the extraction groove unless cycled at least medium-fast. My ejector springs seem to be quite firm as even with slowly retracting the bolt it wanted to launch the brass about a foot to my right.

New case arrived. Gyoddammitalltohell I have to go and see the damned-near-ex-wife tonight to work on our couples counseling homework so I won't be able to test the whole fit of foam/case/stuff till after my bedtime which means I'll be dragging ass tomorrow because no way am I not fucking with this tonight. It's going to be perfect! Feel like a kid at Christmas.

Reactions: matleez
Would you quit being such a fucking cunt? You don’t need to say a word, your virtue signal ass flag says all we need to know. Your “thanks” posts are far less useful than “I got a new case”. At least we might learn something from the case (or barrel) purchase.

Maybe I didn’t get the sarcasm memo but this place seems to be busting at the seams lately with bitchy schoolgirl snark and whining.

Edit for grammar, let’s not be savages.

Last edited:
No, we’re not going anywhere. I’ll go back to quietly watching.

I addressed the wrong party. I’m interested in the case.

I tell you what, I'll refrain from further "thanks for letting us know" posts. They're probably too snarky.

Reactions: spamassassin
Well anyway, back on topic....

Is it normal for these rifles to dimple a primer when loading a round? I thought that only happened with floating firing pins?

Last edited:
Well anyway, back on topic....

Is it normal for these rifles to dimple a primer when loading a round? I thought that only happened with floating firing pins?
That does not sound normal. On all of my bolts, in the normal cocked position when you pull it from the chassis, I can hear the firing pin moving if I shake it. It is a floating pin but there’s no way you’re getting that much inertia with a bolt gun.

Is yours sticking?

Reactions: waveslayer
Added another SRS to the collection. An SRS A1 Covert with a 17” 338 Federal (it’s going to be for sale). I have an itch for something oddball… anyone have any oddball chamberings? I’m fond of something that suppresses well. And before anyone says it, I can’t suppress a 510 whisper 🤪 458 socom would be fun but I read maybe ES Tactical mention they struggled in their efforts on one?

I have an 18” .510 Whisper as my oddball, but honestly it’s the one barrel that has been shot the least since I had it made in 2014, so glad you’re not going that route. It’s a fun gimmick but gets old quickly.

My favorite Covert barrel is a 20” heavy profile 6.5x47L. It’s unnecessarily thick but makes for being extremely rigid and accurate.

I also have an 18” .338LM factory barrel which is pretty neat, but a real beast to shoot. It’s got a fast twist, so it’s actually really fun to shoot 300gr subs out of suppressed, more so than a similarly subsonic .308WIN. Definitely the most versatile of the bunch.

That does not sound normal. On all of my bolts, in the normal cocked position when you pull it from the chassis, I can hear the firing pin moving if I shake it. It is a floating pin but there’s no way you’re getting that much inertia with a bolt gun.

Is yours sticking?
If I remove the bolt while cocked and shake it, there is absolutely no movement, it's as if it's one solid piece. The bolt doesn't stick and it's smooth chambering. Not sure why the firing pin would be so loose?

I just tested again, primers are only getting dimpled with reloads. Factory rounds are OK - going to look into that.

So, this may draw an eyebrow raise, but, anyone mount an offset Red Dot at 45*, just because? I’m planning on bringing my SRSA2 to Africa next year, and maybe I’ve listened to too many audiobooks about the plains game of old, but having a canted RDO for snapshots sounds neat.

@bmicek I recently went down this road. SAC recommended I go with 450BM (which I did, still waiting) as it feeds nicely out of the 308 mags without modification. Bullet options don't get quite as heavy as the 458 or 510 but should be heavy enough for these deers I'm out catchin

@DoctorBen while the offset red dot does look cool, I tried it and found it less than useful in practice (rifle is pretty heavy and when canted offhand its difficult to hold. Also forget about manipulating the bolt quickly IMO) and terrible at getting caught on stuff when the rifle is in the pack. Any reason not to just carry a big iron in case of lions tigers and bears?

@bmicek I recently went down this road. SAC recommended I go with 450BM (which I did, still waiting) as it feeds nicely out of the 308 mags without modification. Bullet options don't get quite as heavy as the 458 or 510 but should be heavy enough for these deers I'm out catchin

@DoctorBen while the offset red dot does look cool, I tried it and found it less than useful in practice (rifle is pretty heavy and when canted offhand its difficult to hold. Also forget about manipulating the bolt quickly IMO) and terrible at getting caught on stuff when the rifle is in the pack. Any reason not to just carry a big iron in case of lions tigers and bears?
That’s slightly discouraging. Wish a 458 socom worked as I’m already set up to cast bullets for .458”. I suppose I could always size them down to .452” and powder coat them a different color to keep them separate. Maybe I’ll have to look into the 450 BM.

That’s slightly discouraging. Wish a 458 socom worked as I’m already set up to cast bullets for .458”. I suppose I could always size them down to .452” and powder coat them a different color to keep them separate. Maybe I’ll have to look into the 450 BM.

I'm no expert but I had it in my mind that since the 458 SOCOM goes in an AR mag that it might work in their 223 conversion mag but they said they wouldn't recommend it

I'm no expert but I had it in my mind that since the 458 SOCOM goes in an AR mag that it might work in their 223 conversion mag but they said they wouldn't recommend it
I even thought being a wider casing it might load in a 308 mag. But it’s easy for us to speculate this with zero experience in that department 😂

So, this may draw an eyebrow raise, but, anyone mount an offset Red Dot at 45*, just because? I’m planning on bringing my SRSA2 to Africa next year, and maybe I’ve listened to too many audiobooks about the plains game of old, but having a canted RDO for snapshots sounds neat.
Snap shots in southern African plains game hunting situations are pretty rare in my experience. I'd just keep the scope on the lowest magnification until you need more and call it a day.

Reactions: DoctorBen
After much wrangling and measuring I'm pretty sure this is the final draft of case foam for the DT hard case. I have to triple check each measurement before I order it. No sense wasting 230 bucks on a booboo. This is meant for their small cell firm foam. It holds a long fore end SRS such as an M2 with a Steiner M7 with caps on in a Larue LT111 mount, 2 spare barrels, 3 bolts w/bolt throw limiters, 6 short mags, 6 long mags, a PVS-30 or M2124, bipod, torque wrench, and DT allen/torx combo tool. The lid will hold the soft case filled with foam and act as the top foam. I'd feel ok about checking this one on a flight since there's room for protective lens caps on the optics.

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 9.10.43 AM.png

CAF42C40-A6D9-49CD-B690-B993A25CDB25.jpeg
5E1BBDB5-7EA4-43D1-8B44-F7054399760C.jpeg
278FF589-62E1-4CED-AB78-AB1D83968B80.jpeg

Who can tell me if this is an SRS A1? That’s what it is advertised as and wanted to double check. The adjustable cheek rest tells me A1 or newer unless I’m overlooking something else.

Reactions: soflastg
Did I miss a big price hike on the A2 chasis? I bought my last A2 chasis for $2800 new last year and now I’m seeing them around $3700? Were there some new improvements or rolling changes I’m unaware of?

Did I miss a big price hike on the A2 chasis? I bought my last A2 chasis for $2800 new last year and now I’m seeing them around $3700? Were there some new improvements or rolling changes I’m unaware of?
I asked the same thing on a FB group. Except I bought mine with a dealer discount so that helped, but reading old forum posts regarding price, I thought I got hosed. But sadly I think it’s the new price. I don’t know the details on why though.

I asked the same thing on a FB group. Except I bought mine with a dealer discount so that helped, but reading old forum posts regarding price, I thought I got hosed. But sadly I think it’s the new price. I don’t know the details on why though.
Inflation.... everything costs more

Sounds like DTA is taking advantage of the market. That’s a massive price bump for some polymers and a little bit of metal. If there aren’t any major upgrades to the A2 (doesn’t appear to be) I don’t understand the nearly 30% price bump.

That places the bare bones rifle around $5400-$5900 if purchasing new.

I really do enjoy and like the SRS but I’m having a hard time justifying their new price.

I remember there was a hike around the middle of last year right before I bought my m2 chassis. $3300 to $3700ish iirc. Luckily my dealer hooked me up with the old price.

Inflation.... everything costs more
That’s true to an extent. But the price jump seemed more than the standard inflation seen from other manufacturers. Not dogging DT at all, it obviously didn’t bother me enough to not buy one after the jump in price. But to me it seemed more than just inflation that caused it.

Reactions: Mcordell
I ordered my DT HTI 50 on February 9th, 22... Any of you here that have ordered from DT able to tell me what your wait time was..

I ordered an SRS-M2 in mid-Jan and got a call this week that they were preparing to ship it to my FFL. I also ordered a .338LM bolt at the time and while it was listed as "expected to ship in April" I ended up getting it in Feb.