• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Th

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doc,

You may want to find out now about the monopod because if it does not have the monopod and you wanted it, then your receiver will then have to be shipped back to DTA for the retrofit if you wait to see if it has it or not.

Thanks </div></div>

Unfortunately, the rifle has shipped and will be delivered to my FFL tomorrow. I'll give it a test drive and see how she handles without the monopod if I have the older chassis.

FYI, Scottsdale Gun Club seemed very professional and handled the transfer with minimal effort on my part - makes me want to move to AZ so that I have a professional shop and plenty of nearby open space to stretch this rifle's legs;)

Here's my new baby

IMG_6843-1.jpg

I owe it all too some great advice I got from Dogtown

I did go a different way thou, I got the 300 win & 308 conv.. I’m not ready for the 338 and the 300 win will still get me out 1,200+ yards..

I'm picking her up next week, ten day wait here in Cali.. I'm still trying to decide on a scope.. That is to say I'm broke now and I will need to sell some of my guns off to pay for a scope.. hahahaa..

Ooh for what it worth I found this shop in the OC area that has the 338 for $4,200.00 here's the link if anyone is looking for one.. http://www.ocarmory.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So how or who would one go thru to get one of those 16" coverts??</div></div>

Call DTA and ask to speak with Ethan.

Here is pic of workday yesterday. Prototype testing coming along as planned. HTI remains set for 4th quarter this year. Here is HTI in 375 conversion setup.

iPhone05-06072.jpg

Thanks

These pics (and the nice weather) are KILLING me. Mines been sitting in the DTA shipping dept for awhile now. What kind of bribes do these guys take?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So how or who would one go thru to get one of those 16" coverts??</div></div>

Call DTA and ask to speak with Ethan.

Here is pic of workday yesterday. Prototype testing coming along as planned. HTI remains set for 4th quarter this year. Here is HTI in 375 conversion setup.

iPhone05-06072.jpg

Thanks </div></div>

Dang...That's a cool job you have!!!

I'm curious and have a question for you.
With the barrel being closer to your head on the DTA,how's the muzzle blast noise and concussion on that HTI your shooting compared to our regular 375's ?

Steve

Steve123...any DTA will have significant blast for those off to the sides of the break. I shot mine w/o protection when hunting and it wasn't near as bad as shooting a 357 Mag handgun or a 45-70 ported barrel Marlin I used to own. The 375CT may be different than my 338LM though.

Good to know Guns4570,Thanks.

I want to know what Later has to say about it since I have a similar 375CT system like him.

Steve

Bringing this post back from the dead...
eek.gif

Does anyone have a subsonic .308 load that they use the DTA SRS that they would like to share? What are you using for bullet and powder? How does the SRS platform like subsonic loads?

Steve:

Sorry I missed your question....We have been doing alot of testing and developing of muzzle brake designs here recently
smile.gif
We got a new high speed camera and it is just amazing what can be noticed. With the muzzle brake on the 375 HTI in picture above compared to our normal 375s the blast is about same due to both brakes open the blast cone up fast enough that the shooter isn't taking it.

Cira:

We shooting corbon subsonics. I will get the technical data for you today.

Thanks

Anyone with DTA system feel free to email me pics of your rifle and description and I will put it on the FB page.
Shooting videos, etc

Thanks

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Good idea, DTA SRS is a great rifle sys. I have one in .243 .300WM and .338LM. They all shoot great! I am working up loads for the .338LM with 300gr Berger hybrid bullets now. I am still working on loads for the .243 and .300WM but so far the groups have been great. I have pictures and load data when the DTA thread is up.

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Has anybody used the 300/338 DTA brake on their 22" .308? If so, how well did it work?

Trilogymac

Whats the estimated release date on the covert?

that covert was so much fun to shoot, even with just those flip ups LC had on there

Mine is a standard SRS in .338 Lapua but I've added a 12.7 X 48 (.510 W) barrel and suppressor as well as a .338 suppressor. I built a 12.7 X 48 barrel and suppressor along with a .338 suppressor for a friends rifle too. They work very well and the .338 cans are much quieter than I thought they'd be. The rifles are very well made and I'm quite happy with it, my friend is as well.

Frank

Friends DTA SRS in 12.7 X 48 with can RH

TanDTwithcan510.jpg

Friends DTA SRS in 12.7 X 48 with can LH

TanDTwithcan510left.jpg

My DTA SRS with in .338 Lapua with can

DT338withcan.jpg

Both rifles
DTsinactionright.jpg

here are a couple better shots of my rifle with the now well broken in suppressor. About 225rds through the can now and it heats up quickly with about 2 mags (10rds) fired in succession making it hot enough to smoke oil on contact. Recoil reduction is better than the stock brake with more of a push than a smack feeling to it. It balances well due to the bullpup design. We were quite pleased with the performance of the rifle and can at the shoot in wyoming last weekend firing at over 1600yds.

Frank

DTwithcaninwyomingRH.jpg

DTwithcaninwyomingLF.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well,
Got my DTA .308 about 3 weeks ago. Had a problem with how it was shooting. FGMM would shoot about .8 and no matter what combination of components I fed it, reloads were between 1" and 1.5. I call Mike and sent my barrel/bolt back. He sent me a new barrel AND bolt. I just shot 42.0 RL-15, 178AMAX,Fed 210M and once fired Win brass. One round to confirm we were on paper, made the adjustment and put 3 in .147. Got rained on so I quit (while I was ahead):)

Trilogymac </div></div>

Did it come with a test target originally?

Is there an established accuracy objective with the HTI? I know the SRS is 1/2MOA (at 100 yards I believe?), but does the same hold for the HTI? And if so...at what range? Would seem kind of odd to have a 100 yard accuracy guaranty on an HTI rifle.

My SRS should be shipping in a week...can't wait!

And Later...not sure who's conventional 308 that is in your earlier post, but WOW! That is one amazing camo job that does exactly what it's supposed to breaking up the lines instead of just throwing colors on a rifle like a lot of people do. In fact, I'm going to page back just to make sure I really saw a rifle there...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well,
Got my DTA .308 about 3 weeks ago. Had a problem with how it was shooting. FGMM would shoot about .8 and no matter what combination of components I fed it, reloads were between 1" and 1.5. I called Mike and sent my barrel/bolt back. He sent me a new barrel AND bolt. I just shot 42.0 RL-15, 178AMAX,Fed 210M and once fired Win brass. One round to confirm we were on paper, made the adjustment and put 3 in .147. Got rained on so I quit (while I was ahead):)

Nothing better than a fine shooting rifle and top shelf customer service. Thanks DTA and especially Mike.

2216163410048605402S425x425Q85.jpg

Trilogymac </div></div>

Glad it's fixed.

SRS owners... Can you tell me if it's like shooting a AR in reguards to the "pickiness" of hand placement? There is a HUGE difference between a bolt gun and a gaser and wonder what rifle the srs leans towards. Also is there anyone around Southern Indiana that would let me come and tinker with their srs... i'll buy the beer! Seriously tho 5k isn't chump change to most and I would like a closer look at one before I make "the phone call" and all. I would hate to sell my 2008 build and find out that I don't care for the bull pup design.

Now that the new pricing is up...I don't see the .416 Barrett? Is it just that pricing hasn't finalized for that yet?

Moof, the first thing most people say to me when they get behind my SRS is "it's so comfortable!" In all honesty, the only reason I'm still comfortable behind my ARs is because I've been shooting them for 20 years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Steve:

Sorry I missed your question....We have been doing alot of testing and developing of muzzle brake designs here recently
smile.gif
We got a new high speed camera and it is just amazing what can be noticed. With the muzzle brake on the 375 HTI in picture above compared to our normal 375s the blast is about same due to both brakes open the blast cone up fast enough that the shooter isn't taking it.

Cira:

We shooting corbon subsonics. I will get the technical data for you today.

Thanks </div></div>

Thanks Later.That's a relief to know the muzzle blast is not an issue with the HTI!!!

Can you guys do a video comparing the HTI 375CT and the 338L at 2700Y ? It would be an interesting comparison on video.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dogtown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Moof, the first thing most people say to me when they get behind my SRS is "it's so comfortable!" In all honesty, the only reason I'm still comfortable behind my ARs is because I've been shooting them for 20 years. </div></div>

Ya that's what they say but feeling good and being able to drive them is totally different. I have a few black rifles and some days I can drive well enough but I would still like to try one out before I buy one. Again if there's anyone bordering S Indiana that would be so nice to help me please let me know. I have no problem driving a few hours to meet you some where. Thanks again!

I PICK MINE UP TOMARROW FINALY!! jesus i hate cali 10 day waits

Mine is done now as well...another week for shipping/etc and it will finally be in my hands:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beginning load development with 375CT Barrel....
600yards
375RD.jpg
</div></div>

damn nice shootin.

Liking that monopod, eh?
wink.gif

You suck later. I haven't even received my 338/308 yet...and seeing the pic of the 600 yard impressions makes me think I couldn't possibly live without one of those too:-(

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Moof</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SRS owners... Can you tell me if it's like shooting a AR in reguards to the "pickiness" of hand placement? There is a HUGE difference between a bolt gun and a gaser and wonder what rifle the srs leans towards. Also is there anyone around Southern Indiana that would let me come and tinker with their srs... i'll buy the beer! Seriously tho 5k isn't chump change to most and I would like a closer look at one before I make "the phone call" and all. I would hate to sell my 2008 build and find out that I don't care for the bull pup design. </div></div>

Howdy Moof,
I can't say much about the AR comparison. I don't shoot those things.... I'm in central Indiana though and you're welcome to come have a look and maybe a few rounds if the range is available. The bullpup is pretty sweet to shoot and has a great feel with the wide buttplate. Trigger is better than any AR I've ever fired too. The switchable barrel setup is outstanding too. Mine is in .338 Lapua with a suppressor and brake as well as 12.7 X 99 (.510 Whisper) with a suppressor. I'm near Richmond ......

Frank

Biffj,

What barrel length you running in the .510(no name lol)? I started T&E of a .338(no name) this past weekend with a 16" barrel in the Covert Chassis..rifle pictured about in Fredo post.

Here is another teaser pic for the HTI crowd lol
Slide3.jpg

Thanks

DTA .338 Covert with DTSS (Desert Tactical Sound Suppressor), Custom subsonic cartridge with 300gr Scenar.

Custom subsonic cartridge with 300gr Scenar courtesy of Tuscondave, thanks again Dave, good to meet you.

Video of Louis hitting half Torso sized target with custom subsonic cartridge at 600 yards soon.

338LMandCustom338subsonic.jpg

300grCustomsubsonic.jpg

338CovertCustomsubsonicw300grScenar.jpg

Tuscondave and SRS Gila in .338LM on the Prairie
DaveandGilla.jpg

Here is my SRS (300 win) in Dessert Zombie Camo paint..

Sorry someone had to do it..

IMG_7228.jpg

IMG_7224.jpg

IMG_7222.jpg

IMG_7226.jpg

I’ve only had the opportunity to take it out 600 yards so far and it just doesn’t miss.. Here’s my son (14) hitting metal plates at 500 yards.. well he’s trying too that’s the important thing..

IMG_7356.jpg

I just love this gun and I’m so impressed with it…

Thanks DTA..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Biffj,

What barrel length you running in the .510(no name lol)? I started T&E of a .338(no name) this past weekend with a 16" barrel in the Covert Chassis..rifle pictured about in Fredo post.

Thanks </div></div>

Hi Later,
Sorry for the delay...I missed your post among the many color schemes posted below it....

I'm running a 16" barrel in my gun with an extension to get it outside the shroud. I did the barrel in my friends rifle 18" with an extension. I didn't want to make a full 22" barrel because we are trying to keep things subsonic. It also allowed me to do some testing with barrel blanks I had here and it looks like the test has been a big success. I've got a reamer for the .338BR which uses the 7mmBR or the 30BR case with a .338 bullet shoehorned in. As soon as I can find some brass and get a couple more barrel extensions from you guys I'll get my "little" noname subsonic 300gr pill tosser built up. Is that the .338 "mini" you have there????

All from here.

Frank

We've been using 6BR and 7BR brass with the 300 grain SMK. Fire forming it to the chamber and using Lapua Brass ensures many reloads. 11.7 grains of Bluedot keeps them subsonic. Loaded a few 250gr also to try.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucsondave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We've been using 6BR and 7BR brass with the 300 grain SMK. Fire forming it to the chamber and using Lapua Brass ensures many reloads. 11.7 grains of Bluedot keeps them subsonic. Loaded a few 250gr also to try.</div></div>

I've been using 2400, N110 and 4227 in both the 300 and 510 with great results. The 2400 seems to be the most consistant and quietest. Have you tried any of these with the 338??? I'll get some 7BR ordered as it looks like Remington is the only producer of the 30Br brass and its only done in small batches. I like the Lapua brass much better anyway. Its worked very nicely in the .338LM.
Thanks for the tips.

Frank

Damn I need one of those coverts, the ultimate coyote hunting rifle!