• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Speaking of 50BMG...... introduced a friend of mine to the 50 last weekend.....he was a bit apprehensive at first but after a few shots he loved it.....he did a great job and got very close to one of the plates at the 2000mtr mark. :)

Prior to this , the biggest round he had shot was a 22 mag! :LOL::LOL:

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 109
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 104
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 97
  • m4.jpg
    m4.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 107
More boring pics... :) ...but...keeps the thread alive..

Swapped out the 50BMG barrel from my HTI to the 375 CT.

Using Hornady 390gr Atips with 133gr AR2218 ...a load which my HTI just loves!!

The A-tips are unobtanium here in Aus...... but i have 2000 coming over from the US direct to me here in Aus...so happy times!!:LOL:

Also swapped out the S&B Scope to the Nightforce 7-35 ATACR ...a much much better optic!

Had fantastic results at 1760 yds today ...only 6 misses in total ...very very pleased with the results of the 390gr Atips..

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 70
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 64
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 60
Has anyone heard from the guy making the A2 carbon fiber hand gaurds? I really wanted one. Or has anyone purchased one?

Just a fyi i know eric is part of army reserves or something like that, so i think there are quite a few weeks where he is away from the shop. There has been times i have called and thats where he is.

Reactions: secondofangle2
Just fitted a NF Wedge Prism to the ATACR on my HTI.....works very very well..... (y)

Attachments

• 22www.jpg
    22www.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 33www.jpg
    33www.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 44www.jpg
    44www.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 55www.jpg
    55www.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: waveslayer
Do any of you guys have an ES Tactical barrel with his magnum contour? What is the OD at the muzzle? My factory 26” 6.5 creedmoor A2 barrel is .85” just behind the flare at the muzzle and on my cheap scale comes out to 4lbs 3ozs in weight.

I have a Med Palma from him that's 0.85" OD and a bunch of Straight contours that are 1.05", so my guess is Magnum is around 0.95"

I have a Med Palma from him that's 0.85" OD and a bunch of Straight contours that are 1.05", so my guess is Magnum is around 0.95"
Ok his medium palma is basically the desert tech contour then. My PVA medium palmas (not desert tech) are slightly smaller at .82” which is not enough difference to matter compared to the .85”. I don’t know that I want to step up to the .95” although a bit more weight for the 30 cal wouldn’t hurt but this thing is weighty as is.

Do any of you guys have an ES Tactical barrel with his magnum contour? What is the OD at the muzzle? My factory 26” 6.5 creedmoor A2 barrel is .85” just behind the flare at the muzzle and on my cheap scale comes out to 4lbs 3ozs in weight.
I have an ES magnum. The flutes are the deepest I've ever seen on a barrel. Eric hog's them out. Lol

Attachments

• PXL_20210604_021904036.jpg
    PXL_20210604_021904036.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: 232593
I have an ES magnum. The flutes are the deepest I've ever seen on a barrel. Eric hog's them out. Lol
That barrel is thick. If you have the time and the tools, feel free to get an od at the muzzle. Thanks for posting a pic.

The main difference with the M2 is an integrated ARCA rail on the bottom of the handguard and an integrated 40MOA rail on the top. That's basically it. The limitation is that you can't run a short Covert handguard on the M2 the way you can with an A1 or A2.

I paid $4200 for mine, brand new.

Edit: it's a damned expensive chassis, essentially. But importantly: one scope, many rifles.
I’m looking to purchase an SRS. Not sure A2 or M2. What’s the shortest barrel you could run on the M2? Looks like 22” is flush with the hand guard?

I’d like the option of purchasing a 16” 300 Blackout conversion from SAC down the line and running it suppressed. Not sure if that’d be possible? I wonder how a 22” 300 Blackout would sound suppressed…?

If you want to run a 16” barrel you need a covert length forearm. You can switch the forearm on a covert to standard A2 length & vice versa. With the M2 you are limited to the standard length, there is not a forearm option so the shortest barrel is 22”.

If you want to run a 16” barrel you need a covert length forearm. You can switch the forearm on a covert to standard A2 length & vice versa. With the M2 you are limited to the standard length, there is not a forearm option so the shortest barrel is 22”.
Yes there is. My carbon fiber oversized rail. You will be able to run a sub 22" barrel with a suppressor inside the rail.
I will be getting my first shipment the first week or two of January. $375 each.

the photo below is a 18" ES tactical 6.5 CM barrel with a 30 cal Nights armament 7" 30 cal suppressor with a 1.5" diameter can.

Attachments

• 08637A0A-EDE7-4FE9-A450-0F19906BAEEA.JPG
    08637A0A-EDE7-4FE9-A450-0F19906BAEEA.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
I’m looking to purchase an SRS. Not sure A2 or M2. What’s the shortest barrel you could run on the M2? Looks like 22” is flush with the hand guard?

I’d like the option of purchasing a 16” 300 Blackout conversion from SAC down the line and running it suppressed. Not sure if that’d be possible? I wonder how a 22” 300 Blackout would sound suppressed…?
My carbon fiber oversized rail will be the first and only rail that will allow you to run a 12" rail with a sub 22" barrel configuration and suppressor.
I will be getting my first shipment the first week or two of January. i want $375 each for them.

I also am in talks with SAC about selling these to them to put on desert tech builds.
This rail, to my knowledge, will not work on an M2 with that long built in 20MOA rail, unless the front part of the rail can be taken off and it has the same size rail as an A2. But I have no personally seen an M2 version so I can not speak for it.

The photo below is a 18" ES tactical 6.5 CM barrel with a 30 cal Nights armament 7" 30 cal suppressor with a 1.5" diameter can.

Attachments

• 08637A0A-EDE7-4FE9-A450-0F19906BAEEA.JPG
    08637A0A-EDE7-4FE9-A450-0F19906BAEEA.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
Will it allow for a TBAC 338 Ultra (1.8” diameter) suppressor to slip under that handguard? Interested in one
My Sico harvester Big bore does fit inside my rail 1.82" diameter as well. But there is very little space on each side, maybe 1mm? I think the can will be contacting somthing under pressure or shooting.

My Sico harvester Big bore does fit inside my rail 1.82" diameter as well. But there is very little space on each side, maybe 1mm? I think the can will be contacting somthing under pressure or shooting.
As stated earlier, I'm in for sure...are those tolerances with our without the high tech suppressor tape?

Gotchya @Jrtex , appreciate the response. If only it allowed for a 1.8” can and some hardware to mount a pic rail to the mlok for a bipod upfront I’d be in

On second note, I’m dabbling down the heavy subsonic pills… starting with my 450bm conversion… if I stay committed maybe I’ll go for the the insanely niche “wild” cartridge 510 whisper…. But that indeed seems like a rabbit hole.

Last edited:
Reactions: waveslayer
Looking for input.
So I want to build a 450 bushmaster since I’ve read that some people have managed to get them to feed but I don’t see how I can make the front of the mag wide enough to accommodate a big .452 pill and if I modify the lips to be too wide then the mag won’t fit in the mag well.

Should I try to find a SAC PRC magazine and modify it for 450BM

Cause I just don’t see how I can mod a std 308 magazine for 450
Don’t know if this was answered for ya but SAC did my 450bm conversion for the SRS… it feeds flawlessly out of their mag. I’d just send them a standard 308 mag or have them build you one with whatever voodoo magic they do to make it work

2956D87B-0B73-4749-9749-AECA65CF190C.jpeg

What is the difference between swapping between the long and short handguard on the srsa1 compared to the srsa2? I haven’t found a video that shows either.

I want that
It’s a hammer!! Been smacking some whitetail with it. Dabbling in some heavy subs soon.
What is the difference between swapping between the long and short handguard on the srsa1 compared to the srsa2? I haven’t found a video that shows either.
The A2 is a lot easier to remove the handguard. The A1 requires removing the entire skins.

It’s a hammer!! Been smacking some whitetail with it. Dabbling in some heavy subs soon.

The A2 is a lot easier to remove the handguard. The A1 requires removing the entire skins.
I thought the skins had to be removed on the A2 as well? Does it not?

Reactions: HenryTheAce
They are completely different from each other, the A2 is far easier, skins need to be removed then after that it’s just eight Allen screws.
A1 takes a inner nut and needs a special tool for removal “note left hand threads on inner nut”.

I started an endeavor that didn’t turn out… there’s a guy that rebores/rechambers rifles for ~$300. Found a cheap 18” ESTactical barrel and sent it to him to rebarrel/rechamber to 458 American. Had a bunch of brass cut and a magnum bolt ready to go. Was gonna be in the barrel $750 for a 458 American. He ended up shipping it back to me and decided he didn’t want to do it since it’s a new platform he’s not familiar with.

If I didn’t cast my own bullets for my 45/70, I’d get a 450BM. It’s just easier to keep it consistent using .459” projectiles so some day I’ll get a short thumper. Wish feeding 458 Socom from a mag was doable.

I started an endeavor that didn’t turn out… there’s a guy that rebores/rechambers rifles for ~$300. Found a cheap 18” ESTactical barrel and sent it to him to rebarrel/rechamber to 458 American. Had a bunch of brass cut and a magnum bolt ready to go. Was gonna be in the barrel $750 for a 458 American. He ended up shipping it back to me and decided he didn’t want to do it since it’s a new platform he’s not familiar with.

If I didn’t cast my own bullets for my 45/70, I’d get a 450BM. It’s just easier to keep it consistent using .459” projectiles so some day I’ll get a short thumper. Wish feeding 458 Socom from a mag was doable.
Man that’s too bad, 458 American seems like a fun round! Definitely easier to keep things consistent across the board. Hell, is a 45/70 do-able out of the DT system!? That would be BADASS!!

Man that’s too bad, 458 American seems like a fun round! Definitely easier to keep things consistent across the board. Hell, is a 45/70 do-able out of the DT system!? That would be BADASS!!
I inquired about that with LRI actually lol tried the see if there’s enough meat to open up a Lapua bolt head to accept a 45/70. I never got a 100% definite answer on it but slightly abandoned that idea. I don’t know how a 45/70 would feed from a mag as well though. Would be a sweet conversion though.

I currently have a fast twist 16.5” 45/70 encore that I’ve stabilized up to 730gr cast bullets. Pretty remarkable that the SRS with an 18” barrel would’ve been even shorter. Some day I’ll get a shorter thumper like your 450BM.
F8F1AE91-BFCC-4741-8AC0-20EDDF0A283E.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: HenryTheAce
They are completely different from each other, the A2 is far easier, skins need to be removed then after that it’s just eight Allen screws.
A1 takes a inner nut and needs a special tool for removal “note left hand threads on inner nut”.
Ok. The srsa1 takes a special tool that I don’t have. Well crap.

I inquired about that with LRI actually lol tried the see if there’s enough meat to open up a Lapua bolt head to accept a 45/70. I never got a 100% definite answer on it but slightly abandoned that idea. I don’t know how a 45/70 would feed from a mag as well though. Would be a sweet conversion though.

I currently have a fast twist 16.5” 45/70 encore that I’ve stabilized up to 730gr cast bullets. Pretty remarkable that the SRS with an 18” barrel would’ve been even shorter. Some day I’ll get a shorter thumper like your 450BM.View attachment 8029278
Definitely would be a sweet conversion. Can you feel the darn gun twist in your hands shooting 730gr subs lol!?

Correct,
Desert Tech used to lone the tool out back when the A1 was current. I’m not sure if they still do. If I recall PVA was making a tool for it too, may be worth a phone call to them.

The Gen 1 and A1 are in that same boat. The tool isn't exactly necessary, but it makes it much easier to remove/install the handguard. The problem is the first time you try to remove it requires ungodly effort. Afterwards it's much easier.

The tool is basically a picatinney rail grabbing wrench that makes it much easier to apply enough torque to remove the handguard. You could probably do it with a more general wrench/tool but MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE THE SCREW AND INSERT at the top of the handguard where it mates with the receiver. If you don't remove that first, no amount of torque will loosen that fucker.

The Gen 1 and A1 are in that same boat. The tool isn't exactly necessary, but it makes it much easier to remove/install the handguard. The problem is the first time you try to remove it requires ungodly effort. Afterwards it's much easier.

The tool is basically a picatinney rail grabbing wrench that makes it much easier to apply enough torque to remove the handguard. You could probably do it with a more general wrench/tool but MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE THE SCREW AND INSERT at the top of the handguard where it mates with the receiver. If you don't remove that first, no amount of torque will loosen that fucker.
I’ll pull the skins and take a look. Thanks.

Don’t know if this was answered for ya but SAC did my 450bm conversion for the SRS… it feeds flawlessly out of their mag. I’d just send them a standard 308 mag or have them build you one with whatever voodoo magic they do to make it work

View attachment 8029238
Can you measure your mag and send those measurements so we can compare to the standard mags? I bent mine using a tool for my SAUM

Yes sir! Used the HS Precision mag tool and bent the lips to feed the 6.5 SAUM. Use it all the time, feeds flawless
Thats cheaper than the $200 sac mags that aren’t in stock. If I ever get a short mag barrel I may hit you up for a photo of that mag.

Thats cheaper than the $200 sac mags that aren’t in stock. If I ever get a short mag barrel I may hit you up for a photo of that mag.
There's even photos on here if you can find them, that's where I got the idea. I'd even mail you out the little tool to use

Reactions: wade2big