• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

There is no image hosting service here - host them on your image hosting site (Picasa, Photobucket, for example) and then embed them.

Thanks.

Now I just got to figure out to do that.

Left Handed version, yes, but not anytime soon, more important things on the fire like the HTI etc.

Modular handguard idea is noted and will be added to the customer product request sheet.

As far as conversion kit compatibility, any cartridge that matches one of the bolt face diameters of our existing kits will work with that cartridge assuming you are using one of our barrel extensions that has been properly installed on the appropriate barrel. As far as mags try them and let us know.
smile.gif

So any developments on ETA of new cal conversion kits.

Waiting for the mail man to bring them they are in transit now as per Lothar Walther.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Left Handed version, yes, but not anytime soon, more important things on the fire like the HTI etc.

Modular handguard idea is noted and will be added to the customer product request sheet.

As far as conversion kit compatibility, any cartridge that matches one of the bolt face diameters of our existing kits will work with that cartridge assuming you are using one of our barrel extensions that has been properly installed on the appropriate barrel. As far as mags try them and let us know.
smile.gif

I'm 60 now. I hope you build and sell a left hand version before my lifetime ;-).

</div></div>

Andy, if you can, try and get behind one and cycle the action. I have a couple of lefty friends who shot my SRS and liked it - they just needed a bit of adjustment to get used to it.

I have 3 SRS .308 mags - 2 that hold 6 rounds, and 1 that holds 5 rounds. Was there a design change, and is there any way I can modify/retrofit the 5 round mag to 6? I have one of the earlier guns, and suspect the 5 round mag might have been the original mag.

The mags were designed as 5 rounders but we found you could squeeze a 6th in them. Just push harder and it should go, probably the spring inside is hung up.

My friend JFComfort filmed me at the Phoenix match. I think this shows how well suited the DTA is for the tactical matches. Notice the monopod in action. I love that thing.

Targets are at 415, 472, and 493 yards. Two shots each 90 seconds total.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SdYVO9vC8-k"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SdYVO9vC8-k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

By the way, if anyone has a .243 conversion they would like to sell PM me. 6mm ballistics caught my eye in this match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My friend JFComfort </div></div>

He denied you are his friend LOL..LOL..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My friend JFComfort </div></div>

He denied you are his friend LOL..LOL..
</div></div>

Hahaha, not true! fireguyty is the reason I've been wanting a DTA SRS so bad. We've shot a few matches together and started shooting outside of competitions and hanging out a lot. He let me mess with his rifle with both set ups, .308 Win and .338 Lapua. I have wanted one in 6.5 Creedmoor ever since! We had a blast on our road trip down to Phoenix where Tyler shot really well especially considering this was his first time shooting the AZ LRPRS match and away matches are always a bitch!

I had a blast road tripping with him and the guys. The drive home was non stop laughs.. good times, good people, that's why I shoot these matches!

Haha, yes the AZ trip was a good time.

Ty's DTA is pretty cool, but how the hell are you supposed to get a cheek-weld on the thing?!?! I don't see a Karstens working out real well there...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: o0synge0o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....Ty's DTA is pretty cool, but how the hell are you supposed to get a cheek-weld on the thing?!?! I don't see a Karstens working out real well there...
grin.gif
</div></div>
Well, for me it's been more of a jaw-weld!
grin.gif

It made the steel ring nonetheless.
wink.gif

Waiting for Tactical Textile to complete his buttpad+cheekpad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: o0synge0o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.....Ty's DTA is pretty cool, but how the hell are you supposed to get a cheek-weld on the thing?!?! I don't see a Karstens working out real well there...
grin.gif
</div></div>
Well, for me it's been more of a jaw-weld!
grin.gif

It made the steel ring nonetheless.
wink.gif

Waiting for Tactical Textile to complete his buttpad+cheekpad. </div></div>

Haha, yup, I'm not a fan of the "chin-weld"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haha, yup, I'm not a fan of the "chin-weld"</div></div>
I must say it's not as inconvenient as the name may suggest. Mostly just different (and makes for an interesting transition back and forth between AICS and SRS
smile.gif
).

As Rifles Only pointed out, what matters is the consistency of the weld, not what facial part is "welded" to the stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haha, yup, I'm not a fan of the "chin-weld"</div></div>
I must say it's not as inconvenient as the name may suggest. Mostly just different (and makes for an interesting transition back and forth between AICS and SRS
smile.gif
).

As Rifles Only pointed out, what matters is the consistency of the weld, not what facial part is "welded" to the stock.</div></div>

For me its just like an AR15. My sightline lays down perfectly with a scope on either one.

Mouse, don't side with synge. First off, his cheek riser is so high that I couldn't even look through his bad ass USO. Second, he opens and closes doors at really inopportune times.

Ty

For me, it's all an issue of having the right scope height. No issues at all with the cheek weld on my Covert. I mounted an NF 3.5-15x50 F1 in a LaRue LT-158 QD mount (1.44" high) and it works quite well for cheek weld. May not work for everyone, then again, I might have some issues:

pumpkinhead-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fireguyty</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mouse07410</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haha, yup, I'm not a fan of the "chin-weld"</div></div>
smile.gif
).

As Rifles Only pointed out, what matters is the consistency of the weld, not what facial part is "welded" to the stock.</div></div>

For me its just like an AR15. My sightline lays down perfectly with a scope on either one.

Mouse, don't side with synge. <span style="font-weight: bold">First off, his cheek riser is so high that I couldn't even look through his bad ass USO. Second, he opens and closes doors at really inopportune times.</span>

Ty</div></div>

LMFAO! That lady looked pretty freaked out! I guess we were making too much noise for the people of Wiki up, AZ.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">patiently waiting for a 260 barrel
laugh.gif
</div></div>

I'm doing the same. Hopefully, it will only be a few more weeks.</div></div>

+1

anyone running a USO 5-25 t-pal on their DTA?

Does your USO EREK knob bottom out on your rear scope ring?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm almost done
smile.gif

DSC_0834.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2shot1kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does your USO EREK knob bottom out on your rear scope ring?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm almost done
smile.gif

DSC_0834.jpg
</div></div> </div></div>

yes it does, I was thinking of milling the ring cap but noticed I'm only losing 2 mils.

If you are still getting a 100 yard zero then it don't matter but if your not I would dremel either the edge of the scope ring or the edge of the turret.

OK - tomorrow I pick up my SRS in 338LM!!!! I love the 338LM. I can't wait!!
laugh.gif

Question- I would like to use the SRS for Tactical Precision Rifle matches here in Albuquerque and the 338LM obviously can't be used for that style of match. Too much $$$$.

Out of all current conversions: .308, .243, .300, and the new 6.5x47, 260 REM, and the 7mm -- which would be your choice to shoot this style of match?

PS--max 750 yards...

Thanks for any advice!!

-MIKE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sr90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are still getting a 100 yard zero then it don't matter but if your not I would dremel either the edge of the scope ring or the edge of the turret.</div></div>

I'm not going to do a 100 yard zero but I'm still going to mill the mount. I'm planning on 600yd zero then bottom out the Erek to have all my elevation

Hey airborne, .308WIN is the default standard for that range, but if you can get the .260REM or 6.5x47mm conversion kit (I think they're close to being ready to ship), you'll have a leg up on the .308WIN shooters.

agree with Dogtown for competitions the 308 win is not the best choice. Conversion kits are in the mail state side from what they are telling us, will keep everyone posted when they arrive, before they were shipping from Germany. Takes time to get them imported.

Just thought I'd share some pics of my DTA SRS in 6.5x47 Lapua I also have the 338 Lapua conversion as well. I am a big fan of this rifle, and I just wanted to thank sr90 and the rest of the crew at DTA for producing such a great product and for having good customer service. Any of the 6.5 caliber's in the DTA is the way to go, I highly recommend it.

009.jpg

004-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

005.jpg

007-2.jpg

Bribri--very nice set-up!!!!!!

I just got my first SRS yesterday! WOW!
Everyone at the gun shop was drooling and checking it out. No shots down the tube yet, but soon.

So far, I really like what I see!
grin.gif

Thanks DTA!

did you get your 6.5x47 conversion directly from DTA or someone else?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chubbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did you get your 6.5x47 conversion directly from DTA or someone else?</div></div>

it was done by benchmark barrels

thanks. awesome paint btw. also looks like you have quite a nice shooting spot.

Very nice guys, thank's for sharing. I have my eye on a 6.5 Creedmoor DTA SRS.

Any information out there on how to get the tenon and headspace measurments? I would like to get some barrel extensions and learn how to spin up my own barrels for DTA chassis.

Bribri,

I was told the 6.5x47 lapua did not eject very well. Have you had problems and did you fix them.?

Re: Idea! Official DTA SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Th

I have just under 600 rounds through my 6.5 conversion and have had no problems with extraction yet, my only issue would be that I can't single feed very well, but with the cartridges in mag it's flawless.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice guys, thank's for sharing. I have my eye on a 6.5 Creedmoor DTA SRS. </div></div>

Exactly what I want!! I love my creedmoor.

JF - keep us posted if you have success here! Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice guys, thank's for sharing. I have my eye on a 6.5 Creedmoor DTA SRS. </div></div>

Exactly what I want!! I love my creedmoor.

JF - keep us posted if you have success here! Thanks.</div></div>

Yes Sir, I will!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bribri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have just under 600 rounds through my 6.5 conversion and have had no problems with extraction yet, my only issue would be that I can't single feed very well, but with the cartridges in mag it's flawless.
</div></div>

yeah i have the same issue feeding just standard 308 single fed. but from the mag its perfect. you just have to make sure the front of the round is slightly in the chamber and it will feed fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where did you get that paint job?</div></div>

Todd Jackson @ Manners: aka 30calsniper here on the hide

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bribri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have just under 600 rounds through my 6.5 conversion and have had no problems with extraction yet, my only issue would be that I can't single feed very well, but with the cartridges in mag it's flawless.
</div></div>

That's kinda a problem with any of the .308 based calibers (perhaps all?) that I've shot out of mine... Single feeding takes some skinny nimble fingers. Feeding from the mag always works well.

todd jackson did some bad ass work tom has real talent at his shop

So where are you guys buying your DTA chassis and conversions, and what do they really cost? These look like cool systems, but the list pricing seems excessive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbooksta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So where are you guys buying your DTA chassis and conversions, and what do they really cost? These look like cool systems, but the list pricing seems excessive. </div></div>

I've never seen or heard of them being sold new for under list.

Oh ... well maybe I'm out of my financial depth here.

But is there a reason a barrel, bolt, and mag should sell for $1500+, other than the fact that they can?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbooksta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh ... well maybe I'm out of my financial depth here.

But is there a reason a barrel, bolt, and mag should sell for $1500+, other than the fact that they can? </div></div>

The barrel extension is the expensive part at $400. Thats kinda what unbalances the cost in my opinion.