• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

DTA SRS A1 Covert 308, with ASC QD Titan , Leupold Mark 6,
qynymaru.jpg

Using Federal GM 175s, 3/8" at 100, 3/4" at 200, MV 2535fps

thebelgian-albums-srs-a1-260rem-picture27904-right-side.JPG

thebelgian-albums-srs-a1-260rem-picture27902-sling.JPG

Finally!! "Today was a good day, I got to shoot my DTA!" Well, I'll be able to say that tomorrow actually :)

You don't want them to line up exactly hand tight. Just get close, then torque it down the last bit to line it up.
thank you, i was able to get the brake on. with a bit blood n sweat, but it's on 99% horzntl, it was becoming very tight so i left it alone.

I made it on a snow day last year. Got around 60 or 70 feet of cord in it and 3 or 4 hrs time. I had tried to sell it or trade it awhile back. (

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nice!!!! i like it alot great jobb man, i like plain jane but rough n tough look to it!! sweet looking skins too..........i got everything mounted on mine il post some photos up soon

awesome!! aren't they just great to look at!! i haven't even put mine in my safe yet lolol just hanging with us watching movies :))

^^^^ I agree. Truly a work of art, but also very functional! Sure draws a lot of attention at the range. People can't believe I only stick 1 & 2" stickies on my target frame at 100 & 200 yards until I bring it in at the end of my string and then they seem to be amazed.

Well I broke down and bought an SRS-A1 Covert. Now to get rid of my Gen1 and have the extensions swapped out on my 3 barrels.

The #1 feature that put me over the edge was the butt pad. I like the cushion and how easy it is to slide over compared to the PITA old style.

thebelgian-albums-srs-a1-260rem-picture28008-bench.JPG

pgRBmvdh.jpg

PbjcwCDh.jpg

What a day!! Went to the range with a bunch of different factory ammo to try them out. After sighting-in at 50 yrds I enjoyed getting to know my DTA and fine tuning my shooting position.
I'm pretty happy with the results with the Remington 140Gr at 100 yards but then the wind picked up and was really gusty so I can't really gauge the hits at 300 yards. I made the mistake to shoot the lightest bullets at that distance, knowing a 1:8.5 twist would like a heavier bullet better...

I wasn't impressed by the Nosler Trophy Grade 125Gr, the Cor-Bon Performance Match 123Gr Lapua Scenar performed quite well at 200 yards. Too bad my buddies decided to also use my target and shredded it before I could take a picture of the hits ahahah! That's what friends are for right?! I'm gonna order the same but in 139 Gr.

I have to agree with sib1948... It sure draws a lot of attention at the range :) I must have spent half my time teaching people what that thing was, etc. LOL! Def good times!!

im not 100% but im pretty sure you are right. but being .260 don't really need one. thank you btw, i also put one on my .308 barrel. dta put that one for my 338 lm. ya some friends of my sis in reno saw pics and went nutty over it!! lolol il be going up there soon to stretch it out. i was considering, the covert model but that 338 lm semi came out, really leaning to that insted. how'd you like the adjustable trigger? you cook up your own loads? im stoked for you, got to take her for a spin...... it's killing me right now lolol im so darn ready

im not 100% but im pretty sure you are right. but being .260 don't really need one. thank you btw, i also put one on my .308 barrel. dta put that one for my 338 lm. ya some friends of my sis in reno saw pics and went nutty over it!! lolol il be going up there soon to stretch it out. i was considering, the covert model but that 338 lm semi came out, really leaning to that insted. how'd you like the adjustable trigger? you cook up your own loads? im stoked for you, got to take her for a spin...... it's killing me right now lolol im so darn ready

I hear you! The recoil isn't my main concern for a muzzle break, barrel whip is :) Getting back on target as fast as possible! I'm buying factory ammo for now but will invest in a reloading station soon, first I need that K624i with the AMR reticle!

thebelgian-albums-srs-a1-260rem-picture28008-bench.JPG

pgRBmvdh.jpg

PbjcwCDh.jpg

What a day!! Went to the range with a bunch of different factory ammo to try them out. After sighting-in at 50 yrds I enjoyed getting to know my DTA and fine tuning my shooting position.
I'm pretty happy with the results with the Remington 140Gr at 100 yards but then the wind picked up and was really gusty so I can't really gauge the hits at 300 yards. I made the mistake to shoot the lightest bullets at that distance, knowing a 1:8.5 twist would like a heavier bullet better...

I wasn't impressed by the Nosler Trophy Grade 125Gr, the Cor-Bon Performance Match 123Gr Lapua Scenar performed quite well at 200 yards. Too bad my buddies decided to also use my target and shredded it before I could take a picture of the hits ahahah! That's what friends are for right?! I'm gonna order the same but in 139 Gr.

I have to agree with sib1948... It sure draws a lot of attention at the range :) I must have spent half my time teaching people what that thing was, etc. LOL! Def good times!!

It is hard to find good match .260 ammo. Mine shoots fantastic with a 139 Scenar on top of RL17 in Lapua Brass with a Federal Match Primer.

I hear you! The recoil isn't my main concern for a muzzle break, barrel whip is :) Getting back on target as fast as possible! I'm buying factory ammo for now but will invest in a reloading station soon, first I need that K624i with the AMR reticle!

I kinda had the same concern a few months back but have really switched out my technique since and its really been magic. In 260 and 308 with the DTA break I can stay on target with my optic at full magnification. It's really a matter of getting your bipod legs to dig in and then front loading the gun with your shoulder. Put a little back into it but not too much that your uncomfortable and it will drive it's self.

I'm still trying to get it down with the 338 but getting closer.

I'm saving your recipe for when I start hand loading but until then, the Cor-Bon is the closest to it... 139Gr Scenar, Lapua brass but $52 for 20 rounds!

Yup, I'm with you! I really have to learn how to shoot it from the bench as I can't shoot prone ? the first 20 rounds or so, I let the rifle "do the work" and for some bad barrel whip! Then went back to loading the bipod and holding the monopod and was able to adjust length of pull. Part of the process!! Shooting a bullpup is def different than my Ruger .243 and my M700 .308!!

So, did you put a muzzle break or not?

Yup, I'm with you! I really have to learn how to shoot it from the bench as I can't shoot prone the first 20 rounds or so, I let the rifle "do the work" and for some bad barrel whip! Then went back to loading the bipod and holding the monopod and was able to adjust length of pull. Part of the process!! Shooting a bullpup is def different than my Ruger .243 and my M700 .308!!

So, did you put a muzzle break or not?
i just got off the phone with a budy of mine, that ended up putting a brake on his .260 and his groups tightened up. il prob end up doing it also when i order the convers kit. whats up with that shooting range forcing you to stay in the bench pos only?

A properly designed brake will almost always result in better recoil management. Better recoil management generally results in better accuracy and precision. A suppressor will generally increase both to a higher degree due to the blast not interfering with the shooter's brain waves. :)

Brakes are a necessity on magnums like .300WM and .338LM, but on 6.5 and .308s, not so much. At least in the sense that you won't see as much of a difference in recoil reduction, but you may kick up a bit more dirt and dust. Shooting a magnum without a brake can be painful. In fact, I watched a guy get a serious case of scope-eye after cleaning his .300WM with the brake off without putting it back on (don't ask me why). The only reason I have them on my 6.5 and .308 conversions are for suppressor attachment.

Anybody run a YHM QD 30cal brake? I am thinking of having my barrel cut down to 5/8 to be able to mount my 30cal phantom. Any oppinions on it? Is it a decent brake?

How's a .338 can sound on a .308? I have mounts on my .338LM and .338BR barrels but I'm considering putting one on my .308 barrel. However, mounts are $300 a pop so I want to make sure it's worth it.

I'm running a .308 can on my .223 and it sounds fine. Since the mounts are the same, I'm planning on just using a .338 can on my .308 Covert. .338 really isn't that much larger than a .30 cal hole.

Anyone here shoot 243, 6.5x47 or 300 win factory rounds exclusively? Would love to hear which seem to be working the best...

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

.260 load

Can anyone with a .260 DTA share a known RL17 load for 140gr class bullets and actual velocity from a factory 26" 1:8.5?

Please don't suggest H4350, none to be found over here at the moment.....

I'm currently above where I had expected to be on the powder charge, seeing no pressure signs but not seeing the velocity I expected.

Anyone experienced issues with 140gr bullets in the 1:8.5? I'm currently seeing way better potential with 123gr but would prefer to shoot 140s as I am well stocked with Berger's and SMK's.

Thanks

Tony

Last edited:
Here is my .260 load with RL17.

Gun DTA SRS
Cal. .260 REM
Nosler Brass
Powder RL-17
GN. 43.8
Bullet Type Sierra HPBT Match King #1740
GN. 140 GR.
Velocity:
AV 2915
ES 26
SD 11
Temp 79 F
Barometer 30.37>
R. Humidity 18%

Can anyone with a .260 DTA share a known RL17 load for 140gr class bullets and actual velocity from a factory 26" 1:8.5?

Please don't suggest H4350, none to be found over here at the moment.....

I'm currently above where I had expected to be on the powder charge, seeing no pressure signs but not seeing the velocity I expected.

Anyone experienced issues with 140gr bullets in the 1:8.5? I'm currently seeing way better potential with 123gr but would prefer to shoot 140s as I am well stocked with Berger's and SMK's.

Thanks

Tony

OK, I am so close to give up getting my SRS.
9 months and still waiting in the dark..
And what is realy pissing me off is that DTA is keeping me waiting with bullshit!
I just want some relyable information, is that to much to ask???

Pearce

Here is my .260 load with RL17.

Gun DTA SRS
Cal. .260 REM
Nosler Brass
Powder RL-17
GN. 43.8
Bullet Type Sierra HPBT Match King #1740
GN. 140 GR.
Velocity:
AV 2915
ES 26
SD 11
Temp 79 F
Barometer 30.37>
R. Humidity 18%

Thanks, that was the sanity check I'm looking for as that's pretty much inline with my expectations and QL prediction.

I'm nearly 2 grains higher and 150fps slower in Lapua brass at a COAL of 2.85" with temp at 45F.

Lots of variables there I know but a long way from what appears to be the norm.

I'll look in to temp variation on rl17 and cross check H2O capacity.

Accuracy is very poor at lower velocities.

There is something odd here.

Tony

OK, I am so close to give up getting my SRS.
9 months and still waiting in the dark..
And what is realy pissing me off is that DTA is keeping me waiting with bullshit!
I just want some relyable information, is that to much to ask???

Pearce

Pearce,

Sorry, I just noticed that you are in Europe, so my current stock of rifles is not going to help you any. If it makes you feel any better, I am still receiving rifles that I ordered over a year ago from DT. You're not the only one who has been waiting. Trust me. The wait will be worth it.

Last edited:
Wish I could, but I'm stuck with DTA Europe..

Pearce

What Country are you in Pearce?

Are you working with DTA Europe directly or through a dealer?

My SRS and 3 barrels took a little over 3 months including UK proof.

Tony

What Country are you in Pearce?

Are you working with DTA Europe directly or through a dealer?

My SRS and 3 barrels took a little over 3 months including UK proof.

Tony

My dealer is working my case the best he can. Just trust me, he is the best.
And the problem is not the wait, its the total lack of information.

Pearce

[MENTION=80798]avalanche[/MENTION]

I have been really surprised at how well the wally world Winchester 180 grain hunting rounds in 300 WM have performed all the way out to 500 yds. at $27+ a box of 20 they are awesome.

at 100 yds a 5 shot group looked like actually 3 touching shots. Out at 500 yds 5 out of 5 on a 3 inch steel swinger. Then I let my 13 yr old son shoot it and he went 3 for 5 on the same swinger at 500 yds and it was his first time behind it. I have a Thunderbeast 2 baffle brake on it.

I have finally had the time to make up some loads using some IMR 4350.

Using the Winchester brass that I neck sized only and a Winchester large rifle primer (WLRM). I have loads made up using a Berger 200 grain Hybrid Target bullet ranging from 67-70 grains in 1 grain increments. I have the OAL set at 3.605. I also have some made up using the same case, powder, and primer with a Berger 210 grain Hunting VLD and loads ranging from 68-70 grains of powder in one grain increments. I hope to run them this weekend and am toying with the idea of pushing the OAL on the VLDs out just shy of the lands.

Brakes are a necessity on magnums like .300WM and .338LM, but on 6.5 and .308s, not so much. At least in the sense that you won't see as much of a difference in recoil reduction, but you may kick up a bit more dirt and dust. Shooting a magnum without a brake can be painful. In fact, I watched a guy get a serious case of scope-eye after cleaning his .300WM with the brake off without putting it back on (don't ask me why). The only reason I have them on my 6.5 and .308 conversions are for suppressor attachment.

Respectfully, I disagree. I have both suppressors and brakes. Brakes work 2 X better on recoil management than suppressors. I use brakes on every caliber including my 6mms and 5.56 in 3 gun. I am not recoil sensitive, but in comps, if you are going to put 4 rounds down range in very limited time at a close range (like 200 meters) then I NEED to see where the rounds hit, or all follow up shots are misses. To accomplish this, I use big obnoxious brakes, proper body positioning and usually as little as 8-12 X magnification on my Kahles.

My go to caliber is 6.5 Creedmoor. It doesn't recoil much, but it hardly moves with a brake.

My $.02

Ty

Respectfully, I disagree. I have both suppressors and brakes. Brakes work 2 X better on recoil management than suppressors. I use brakes on every caliber including my 6mms and 5.56 in 3 gun. I am not recoil sensitive, but in comps, if you are going to put 4 rounds down range in very limited time at a close range (like 200 meters) then I NEED to see where the rounds hit, or all follow up shots are misses. To accomplish this, I use big obnoxious brakes, proper body positioning and usually as little as 8-12 X magnification on my Kahles.

My go to caliber is 6.5 Creedmoor. It doesn't recoil much, but it hardly moves with a brake.

My $.02

Ty

My feeling exactly! I'm learning this as I shoot this new rifle. Good tip on the magnification, will try that next time :)