• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

I also had concerns also would I like the feel of the rifle itself will it be easy to become comfortable with.I was able to find a local dealer where I got hands on a srs and was happy with what I saw and more importantly how it felt in my hands. If you can locate a local dealer to get a chance to handle the rifle you want then you won't be second guessing yourself.I think you will like what you see and feel.

Its about a 4hour ride to the nearest dealer. I may just have to hop on the Harley and go see for myself.

Would it cause any problems if I used a drop of Loctite (blue) on the trigger weight adjustment screw? I have it backed out pretty far and I'm afraid it might work itself out altogether. There is no real tension to hold it place. What would happen if it fell out? Would the trigger still function properly/safely?

Ollie like I wrote in my last post it is a substantial investment to purchase a new or even a used DTA SRS but in my case by seeing them for myself it made it an easy decision. It would probably be the same for you with the interest you have at this point I was lucky that my trip to a dealer was only 1hr away. It did set my mind at ease after seeing and handling an SRS that purchasing my rifle was right for me europtic I know does give a sniper's hide discount to hide members on their merchandise. They may also offer a LE discount plus the hide member discount the guy's there are great to deal with as are all the great vendors here on the hide they will assist without hesitation. I hope I didn't ramble on too much and hope I was some help. Mike

Does anyone have any good reload info for a SRS 338 LM using 250gr SMKs, H1000, and Fed 215?

Im sorry for asking stupid questions but could someone tell me what a srs with a 26in 6.5 barrel weights?

ive seen 17lbs and 12lbs. Big difference.

I just weighed my Gen 1 will full battle rattle - with a Premier 5-25, DTA mount, Atlas bipod and sling I'm at 16-17lbs depending on which caliber I have in. My 260 barrel has a much longer shank than the others and is quite a bit heavier.

I took it out yesterday with my SAC 260 barrel and DTA 338 barrel. I had the 300 win barrel in before heading out so I had just dropped the 260 barrel in and torqued it down 2 hours before getting to the range.

I always start with a cold bore 750 yard shot which I hit. The elevation was within a tenth of a mil. I put about 20 rounds through the 260 at various ranges and then put the 338 kit in. It needs a round to settle so I just sent it downrange (it hit high above the 1000 yard target in the berm). The next shot I put in the upper right corner of a 1000 yard target and then moved across the target line to some slightly smaller targets.

After hits on them I then went back to the original target with my last round and called a 2nd hit and dropped it within an inch or two of the first hit.

I *love* this rifle.

I just weighed my Gen 1 will full battle rattle - with a Premier 5-25, DTA mount, Atlas bipod and sling I'm at 16-17lbs depending on which caliber I have in. My 260 barrel has a much longer shank than the others and is quite a bit heavier.

I took it out yesterday with my SAC 260 barrel and DTA 338 barrel. I had the 300 win barrel in before heading out so I had just dropped the 260 barrel in and torqued it down 2 hours before getting to the range.

I always start with a cold bore 750 yard shot which I hit. The elevation was within a tenth of a mil. I put about 20 rounds through the 260 at various ranges and then put the 338 kit in. It needs a round to settle so I just sent it downrange (it hit high above the 1000 yard target in the berm). The next shot I put in the upper right corner of a 1000 yard target and then moved across the target line to some slightly smaller targets.

After hits on them I then went back to the original target with my last round and called a 2nd hit and dropped it within an inch or two of the first hit.

I *love* this rifle.
That is awesome!

I spec the rifle out with a 26in 6.5 barrel, atlas bipod, and vortex pst. It comes to 13lbs 2oz. That's lighter than the xlr im running now.

Well stamp was approved for the dta suppressor I won in the photo contest they held last year. I called BATF this morning and they said it was approved may 10th, a little aggravating when. I call my dealer and said he didn't have my number and tried to get ahold of me on Face Book! He's had it for over a month, Oh well I have it now.

Thank you again!

y9eqa4ut.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DTA New bolt style 338LM

Hello all,

Just wanted to share my experience with DTA CS and Ryan. What an amazing service he has provided to me. I am a new owner of SRS A1 and ordered a bolt for 338LM. This is the bolt that I received today. It looks different then my standard 308 bolt. Ryan said that they changed the design recently.

I really like the new design of the bolt. Does anyone else have this bolt design?

Ryan, if you are a member here and reading this, thank you for great service! I am a DTA customer for life now. Cant wait to put some rounds through the 338LM conversion.

Happy shooting!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
SRS A1 monopod problem

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my monopod. It will not telescope out for the coarse adjustment anymore ? The spring still seems to be on there and I took it to a gunsmith who couldn't work out why it would not work.

Is there meant to be a spring inside the spherical threaded chamber that screws into the chassis ?

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Any help much appreciated .

Cheers,

Dips

Hello all,

Just wanted to share my experience with DTA CS and Ryan. What an amazing service he has provided to me. I am a new owner of SRS A1 and ordered a bolt for 338LM. This is the bolt that I received today. It looks different then my standard 308 bolt. Ryan said that they changed the design recently.

I really like the new design of the bolt. Does anyone else have this bolt design?

Ryan, if you are a member here and reading this, thank you for great service! I am a DTA customer for life now. Cant wait to put some rounds through the 338LM conversion.

Happy shooting!

I have sent a screenshot of this to his Supervisor and will pass it along to Ryan this morning.

Russ @ DT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my monopod. It will not telescope out for the coarse adjustment anymore ? The spring still seems to be on there and I took it to a gunsmith who couldn't work out why it would not work.

Is there meant to be a spring inside the spherical threaded chamber that screws into the chassis ?

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Any help much appreciated .

Cheers,

Dips

Had the same issue about a month ago. Unscrewed the Monopod from the chassis and sent it into DT CS and was fixed and back in my hands in about a week.

Anyone have an issue with difficulty feeding unless the magazine is pushed upward into the rifle?

On mine it is very difficult to feed a round unless I have upward pressure on the magazine.

I'ts a 308 kit, shooting 168 SMKs, and I tried with two magazines. Same issue.

Try tightening up the skins around the mag area. I had a similar problem when I initially swapped out handguards.

Thanks Mate, glad I was not the only one who had the problem! Desert Tech have already contacted me off my post so will touch base with them. Impressive customer service form DT!!!

Awesome Guns, unbelievable accuracy !!

I just started carrying them in my store, and have one on my SRS A1 (bungee version), but haven't shot with it yet. It sure feels comfortable to carry though. I am running a 26" SAC non-fluted barrel w/ TBAC 338 and a USO SN3 5-25 (about 17lbs).

Anyone tried the FTW sling from Rifles Only with the SRS?

Pearce

The SRS is balancing so well on it's own so I'm thinking the FTW sling might just give the little extra for hunting..

Pearce

Well I decided since I had to remove the skins to take out the old spring catch I might as well go ahead and modify the skins to accept the new pad assembly. I actually done the bolt stop myself as well instead of buying a new one.

1r3cw4.jpg

Not to concerned about lang hauls, thinking more shooting suport if bipod is no go..

Pearce

Sling stuff

Just took delivery of a new Tab Gear Elite sling. It works great! The customer service from Tony Burke is second to none.

I leave the long haul duty to Eberlestock. Rock solid and battle tested. The Gunslinger 2 is my choice.

Good Luck.

Not to concerned about lang hauls, thinking more shooting suport if bipod is no go..

Pearce

Last edited:
I have been working on some loads using IMR 4350. Does anyone know of any temperature sensitivity of this powder?

I experienced some bolt sticks in a little local match and had to pull out. I had been using 70 grains of IMR 4350 in my 300WM with a Winchester Large Primer and either a 208 grn Amax or Berger 210 VLD. I had verified my speed at 2900 FPS and DOPE to 1100 yds. The last round I shot the primer fell out of after I unstuck the bolt. Trying to determine if this was an over pressure? I had no other signs of over pressure.

I have been working on some loads using IMR 4350. Does anyone know of any temperature sensitivity of this powder?

I experienced some bolt sticks in a little local match and had to pull out. I had been using 70 grains of IMR 4350 in my 300WM with a Winchester Large Primer and either a 208 grn Amax or Berger 210 VLD. I had verified my speed at 2900 FPS and DOPE to 1100 yds. The last round I shot the primer fell out of after I unstuck the bolt. Trying to determine if this was an over pressure? I had no other signs of over pressure.
At what temperature did you do your load work up and what was the temp during your match? Higher temps can cause some major pressure spikes. I haven't worked with 4350 before so I'm. not sure how temp sensitive it is compared to others

Greetings all! I'm the proud owner of a new to me gen 1, which brings me to this thread. What rings or mount are y'all running on your rifles? I was looking at the Desert Arms one piece, but the cost of the mount+inserts for 30mm make me question if I wouldn't be better served spending less for the Aadmount or even the Aadmount rings, but I'd prefer to run a 20MOA mount. Any other suggestions?

Imr-4350 is very temp sensitive. I have been using it in my .260 lately and noted a 60 fps difference with a 10 degree outside temp change. Pressure will also increase as your chamber gets hotter during a match. H-4350 is much better, but almost impossible to find these days. I've been wondering about AA-4350, but don't have any experience with it. If anyone else does, please chime in.

Yes, i hear ya on availability of powders. I want to use H1000, but it has been non existent in my world.

I worked the loads up in 60-70 degree weather and the match was shot in 80-90 degree weather.

Greetings all! I'm the proud owner of a new to me gen 1, which brings me to this thread. What rings or mount are y'all running on your rifles? I was looking at the Desert Arms one piece, but the cost of the mount+inserts for 30mm make me question if I wouldn't be better served spending less for the Aadmount or even the Aadmount rings, but I'd prefer to run a 20MOA mount. Any other suggestions?

When I was running my Leupold with a 30mm tube I used the Seekins AR height rings, top notch quality. The AAD mounts stuff looks very nice as well but I've never used them personally so I can't comment on them. I'm running a Spuhr mount now but in a 34mm configuration with 6mil/20.6moa cant.

TAB Gear Magazine Pouch for .308 ? I would assume I would need the long action pouch due to the longer than normal size .308 the DTA uses ?

I just picked up a Tyr Tactical pouch (I wanted Ranger Green) and it fits my DTA mags perfectly. The pouch I got was an AI300WM double.

I run a 20 MOA AADmount on my DTA and so does an instructor friend of mine. Works great with my Vortex Viper PST 6-24.

I run a 20 MOA AADmount on my DTA and so does an instructor friend of mine. Works great with my Vortex Viper PST 6-24.

That's what I wanted, but they're out of stock everywhere. I have an AD Recon SW 20MOA that I'm going to try out

whisper3_zpsbe87c01f.jpeg

whisper1_zps8a97d121.jpeg

whisper2_zpse2ae375b.jpeg

I finally got around to taking some pics of my 12.7x48mm conversion and suppressor. It's an 18" Trueflite barrel (local Kiwi button rifle barrels) with a 1:9 twist and the conversion work was done locally by Scott at Shooting Systems Research just over the hill from me in Featherston.

It's a spear chucker...

Guys - I have been shooting and selling DTA rifles for over 3 years. I have been using the same rifle for the past three years and it is an awesome shooter.

Desert Tech put on a great precision match earlier this month. RussW1911 was the match director and knocked this thing out of the park. He set the stage, by starting the match with a 1,200 yard cold bore shot.

For those of you in UT, I would make sure to do your best to attend their next match. For those within traveling distance, it would be well worth your time to attend one of Desert Tech's matches.

Rob Wilkinson: King of Powder Keg | Com-Link

The match was won with a DTA rifle and "no" the shooter was not a ringer. My wife and kids happen to know the guy pretty well and can tell you he may get out and shoot a couple times a month if he's lucky.

The SRS is a great PRS platform in my opinion. It is shorter and hides its weight much better than other traditional bolt rifles, making it easier to move in an out of barricades with and much easier to balance when shooting in unsupported positions. The only downside is the lack of 10 round mags, which Nicholas Young reaffirmed to me after the match that they are working on it and there will be 10 round mags for the SRS.

I am very familiar with the SRS and would be happy to help answer any questions that users or potential purchasers may have on the platform.

whisper2_zpse2ae375b.jpeg

I finally got around to taking some pics of my 12.7x48mm conversion and suppressor. It's an 18" Trueflite barrel (local Kiwi button rifle barrels) with a 1:9 twist and the conversion work was done locally by Scott at Shooting Systems Research just over the hill from me in Featherston.

It's a spear chucker...

Holy crap!! please do tell more. Got any pics of that cartridge?