• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Why would there be thousands of dissatisfied A1 customers? The A1 is the newest version. Apparently you aren't even aware of that. ... and yes, there are plenty of Gen1 sale ads... yet NONE of them are trying to replace them with a Gen2... they are replacing them with SRS-A1's. Why would they be looking to sell and outmoded piece to replace it with a different outmoded piece?

Do you even have a clue about the various Desert Tech models? It sure doesn't sound like you know what's going on.

The Gen1's haven't been produced since 2011 time frame. So why would there be a warranty rush now, on something that's been out on the market for a minimum of 7 years? All the warranty issues with them were handled back then, as I said.

I didn't violate forum rules. You're exhibiting the behavior of a stalker. Following me around, disliking my posts. Going back through my post history and disliking everything. That's the kind of thing an ex-girlfriend does.

Your little timeout must have really got to you huh Rockfish? Want another one?

Sure eels like that stalker vibe to me....

zyLnPG2l.jpg

You sure don't take rejection well. I had no idea you were so sensitive....

Sorry to have hurt your feelings.

Hey can't we get back to talking about the rifles? If you want to fuss at each other swap phone numbers and call the other one and settle it.

I had the FDE/ BLK and now I want the FDE/FDE. Still don't know if I want the Covert or the SRS.

Not sure if this is the wrong section to post , anyone get behind a mdr yet and what did you think? Still waiting on mine . Plus, I wonder if the custom dt srs barrel smiths out there are thinking about spinning up barrels for that mdr. They both use barrel extensions I think. So they would just need blanks I think. Idk. Thanks.

Was going to camo cerakote my srs a1 but didn’t. It’s fde/fde. My dtss338 stamp just came. I’m a happy camper.

Mine is FDE/BLK and I like it. Recently put on a ATACS gunskin before a hunt trip and considering the cost it looks good. It’s a little lighter than it should be so that kind of bothers me and it was a huge pain in the ass to install. Considering getting it dipped. Wish ATACS cerakote were an option.

If they do decide to update the A1, I hope they come out with a foreend/handguard that can fit a suppressor underneath . A covert 308 with a full length handguard is all that's needed to improve the design. Perhaps the dust cover that they designed for the military submission, but I gave up hope it would ever be included.

Anyone has a Magnetospeed Sporter used with the short barrel 308 Covert?
I tested it out and mounted the sporter without any spacers to the handguard, sensivity set to Hi 1 and got
some readings that are hard to believe.

Loaded up some 150grain cutting edge Maximus, 44,8 grains H4895, CCI Br2 primer and Lapua brass.
Magnetospeed told me i got 2850 fps.

3 shots, all about the same speed.

Could there be an error in the reading caused by the offset when mounting it to the handguard ?
Should i post this better in the reloading section?

Anyone has a Magnetospeed Sporter used with the short barrel 308 Covert?
I tested it out and mounted the sporter without any spacers to the handguard, sensivity set to Hi 1 and got
some readings that are hard to believe.

Loaded up some 150grain cutting edge Maximus, 44,8 grains H4895, CCI Br2 primer and Lapua brass.
Magnetospeed told me i got 2850 fps.

3 shots, all about the same speed.

Could there be an error in the reading caused by the offset when mounting it to the handguard ?
Should i post this better in the reloading section?

Why is that hard to believe? Too fast? I get 2600-2630 with 175 and 178 gr so your numbers don't seem crazy.

I thought it would be too fast. Quickload is telling me about 2600 fps and i never
been that far off from quickload.
If its realistic i'd be happy :)

i could not test it yet on distance, then i will know for sure.

Seems fast to ne if it’s the 16” barrel. I get 2570 fps with a 16” 6.5CM using Factory Hornady 140 gr.

I thought it would be too fast. Quickload is telling me about 2600 fps and i never
been that far off from quickload.
If its realistic i'd be happy :)

i could not test it yet on distance, then i will know for sure.

my DT factory 22" barrel gets 2700 fps on a 178 AMAX with 44.5 grains RL15 and it shoots like a house on fire. when it's hot out it gets 2750ish. QL is often off. For example, for 375 Cheytac, I consistently, across 3 barrels, get 150-200 fps faster than they say.

Photo shows 10 shots, 9 in the same hole.

Attachments

• photo83537.jpg
    photo83537.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 27
So I'm official now!!! Super excited to have a 338l SRS!

I was planning on putting a Gen 2 Razor, but after seeing the tremor 3 reticle, I'l looking at the ATACR 7-35 or the US Optics B25. Does anyone have any experience with the US Optics? It looks like it works similar to the Razor.

I see that the USO B25 only has 22mil of elevation travel, and the Razor Gen 2 has 28. Would I be limiting myself with the B25 going from different calibers, 100 yards out to 1900 yards?

Attachments

• photo83656.jpg
    photo83656.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
So I'm official now!!! Super excited to have a 338l SRS!

I was planning on putting a Gen 2 Razor, but after seeing the tremor 3 reticle, I'l looking at the ATACR 7-35 or the US Optics B25. Does anyone have any experience with the US Optics? It looks like it works similar to the Razor.

I see that the USO B25 only has 22mil of elevation travel, and the Razor Gen 2 has 28. Would I be limiting myself with the B25 going from different calibers, 100 yards out to 1900 yards?

Nice! I was hoping they would put them into a nice plastic case like the MDR. On my USO it has the 100 click turret and that is 25 MOA in one turn.

I bought one of the Gen 1 Coverts when they first came out. The finish was piss poor (seems not lined up correctly, rough finish) and tons of miss feeds.
So I sold it. From what I'm reading the Covert A1 is tons better.
Are the newer A1s still having issues with the 308? Are there still issues with miss feeding? How are the fit and finishes on the A1s? I really don' want to spend another 5G+ on another DTA to just be disappointed.
Thanks everyone

Im running a srs a1 308 as a match gun , no issues with it , no misfeeds either .The Misfeeds are always Operator Error in my case . the finish on the plastics is on par if not better then my AX308 .
The only issue i had was the Original Rubber Cheek piece peeled and bubbled . DT took care of that nice and simple even though im in Australia

I bought one of the Gen 1 Coverts when they first came out. The finish was piss poor (seems not lined up correctly, rough finish) and tons of miss feeds.
Are the newer A1s still having issues with the 308? Are there still issues with miss feeding? How are the fit and finishes on the A1s? I really don' want to spend another 5G+ on another DTA to just be disappointed.
Thanks everyone

I run an A1 covert 308 16” factory barrel as well as .223, 6.5 creed, and 300wm. With both 10 round and 6 round mags. No issues of any kind except I always need more ammo! Haha fit and finish is great, I think my AXMC is slightly better in finish and bolt throw is smoother, but the price reflects some of that. But it’s certainly nit picking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My cheek piece went weird back when and I just put a sticker cut out over it. Thinking I should get a new one. Do I hit up dt then. I did go through Greg. Thanks.

My A1 is fantastic. No issues beyond the cheekpiece bubbling. One phone call to DT and a replacement was at my front door in less than a week for free. I have 308 and 6.5 creedmoor and never had a feeding issue. I love the gun I just wish the conversions were more affordable. The list of 8 calibers I wish I had are going to stay on the wish list for a very long time.

My A1 is fantastic. No issues beyond the cheekpiece bubbling. One phone call to DT and a replacement was at my front door in less than a week for free. I have 308 and 6.5 creedmoor and never had a feeding issue. I love the gun I just wish the conversions were more affordable. The list of 8 calibers I wish I had are going to stay on the wish list for a very long time.

Hit up Fireguyty for quotes on barrels, you might be surprised. And they shoot lights out as well.

Crushing it with FireguyTy’s barrel he did for me in 6.5 Creed. Skinny contour to boot. Benchmark blank. 6 shots left, 5 shots right.

93BD6489-30DF-4799-A972-CCB42550FD27.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice shooting Conrad. Ty’s barrels are shooters. I’ve got a 6.5 saum , 7rm,and a 300 wm from him . The dt platform is pretty sweet. I’ve sold my other bolt rifles and just keep buying barrels for my srs. So far I’m running a 223rem, 6cm,6.5cm, 6.5saum, 7rm,308win,300wm ,338lm. Using a tt525 it’s been fun with the different conversions.

I can vouch for Ty’s barrels as well, I run three of them and couldn’t be happier.

Nice shooting Conrad. Ty’s barrels are shooters. I’ve got a 6.5 saum , 7rm,and a 300 wm from him . The dt platform is pretty sweet. I’ve sold my other bolt rifles and just keep buying barrels for my srs. So far I’m running a 223rem, 6cm,6.5cm, 6.5saum, 7rm,308win,300wm ,338lm. Using a tt525 it’s been fun with the different conversions.

Haha, me too. Only one other bolt gun in the safe other than SRS and HTI. Also running TT. You can have such a bigger range of calibers if you don't have to have a different scope and kit for each one!

Crushing it with FireguyTy’s barrel he did for me in 6.5 Creed. Skinny contour to boot. Benchmark blank. 6 shots left, 5 shots right.

How do you get that much RL26 in the case? Compressed?

Yeah it is compressed and bullet is seated at 2.865.

I know guys are putting even a little more in Hornady brass that has a little more capacity than Lapua.

R26 is pretty dense, also.

2930 with 47 grains, but I backed off as I was seeing the faintest ejector marks and ES was only so-so. I dropped to 46.8 and it is 2915 fps and SD was single digit over 5 rounds, FWIW. Barrel is 25".

Thanks everyone

I thought all Coverts were Gen 2?

Yeah it is compressed and bullet is seated at 2.865.

I know guys are putting even a little more in Hornady brass that has a little more capacity than Lapua.

R26 is pretty dense, also.

This is excellent news. I'm about to start testing with the same powder/projectile combination in some lake city .308 / 6.5 cM converted brass that should be close to lapua in case capacity. My goal is to get close to 2900 with a safe load. Looks like you've done it and found accuracy as well!

I thought all Coverts were Gen 2?

This is what I thought too. Gen 2 signified by going to the feed ramp indexed barrel vs the pin and they started drilling and tapping all chassis for the monopod wether they were ordered with it or not. To my knowledge feed ramp indexing and covert barrels and handguards started at gen 2. That's when I bought mine.

Why would you do that?

Why did i convert LC brass? Bc 18 months ago when I started reloading 6.5 CM I couldn't get my hands on any factory brass, so I had some Lake city sitting around with no foreseeable future. It was an endeavor that taught me a lot, and won't happen again unless my circumstances change dramatically. I've got 250 converted cases that seem to be in great shape, and hopefully last me awhile.

Anyone know what paint matches the FDE on our SRS? Was thinking about painting the barrel. I see Brownells has a Magpul FDE Allumihyde 2. Dunno if that's a match though. I'd rather skip taking the rifle to Home Depot/Lowes to compare the color.

This is what I thought too. Gen 2 signified by going to the feed ramp indexed barrel vs the pin and they started drilling and tapping all chassis for the monopod wether they were ordered with it or not. To my knowledge feed ramp indexing and covert barrels and handguards started at gen 2. That's when I bought mine.

My rifle was purchased as an SRS in 2010. Its definitely a Gen 1. It was pre-drilled and threaded for the monopod though the skins were not set up for it. I should have had the monopod added but ended up doing it later with new skins and the pod. Simple to do, no issues with alignment on screws or fitting of parts. Monopod is worth every cent paid.
The Coverts came out pretty early and there are Gen 1 rifles out there that were coverts. I think the earliest of the type were called Hunters. The only Hunters I ever saw were at the SHOT show in vegas in 2009 or so. I've never seen one in private hands.
My rifle has a different feed ramp setup than a friends rifle that is a few hundred numbers earlier. His also wasn't pre setup for the monopod. Mine still has the locating pin for the barrel extension though. At some point they offered the covert handguards for the SRS rifles and mine got swapped out quick and has never gone back.
The biggest difference in the Gen 1 and 2 is the barrel extension going from the pin to the feed ramp as a locater. The A1 version added the cushy buttpad and the adjustable cheek rest as well as the newer set up for the handguard with a sleeve which is threaded left and right handed to pull the handguard in tight while not depending on the joint indexing perfectly on every rifle. My handguard threads directly on to the receiver and if the handguard is long or short it may not index properly. This lead to some handguards being wobbly as they didn't thread up tight when lined up with the key.
Lots of little details.

Frank

Would one of you guys with a newer SRS A1 tell me what your model # says on your receiver? I just noticed mine just says DT SRS with no (A1), just want make sure I have an A1
thanks

Would one of you guys with a newer SRS A1 tell me what your model # says on your receiver? I just noticed mine just says DT SRS with no (A1), just want make sure I have an A1
thanks
I received my new SRS A1 less than a month ago and it only has DT SRS marked on it.

thanks

Mine as well only says DT SRS Covert.