• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

And why? you can shoot a 22-250, or 22Creedmoor, or 22-243. The Valkyrie is for small frame AR's, the SRS doesn't have the limitations of AR magazines.

Well im glad you asked CB. Its not gona feed well because the factory ammo is loaded short to fit in AR mags. Like 2.125” COAL for the stuff I have in front of me. The distance from the end of the SA mag feed lips to the chamber mouth is aprox 2.560”. Might be able to make it better if you hand load the 90’s.

ejection is gona be hit and miss because the case is so short. Like 1.6”, thats right around the same size as BR/ dasher/ grendal. Just too short to eject reliably.

And the key being the funky case head dia of .420” Not standard .470” ,just a bit below. So it’s just not gona work in that respect.

Anyone else get a custom bolt knob? I was hoping to get one that Snipe Custom Arms has, but haven't gotten any response back from them. Phoenixcustomerifles.com has responded and said I could send them my bolt and they'd make one for $40, and it looks nice.

I got the one from Snipe Custom Arms. I like it. Screws right on.
While there was nothing functionally wrong with the original round plastic one, I thought it made the rifle look "cheap".
You want to pay attention to the Gen1 / Gen2 bolt discrepancy. Having very recently purchased a lefty bolt, I figured it would be a Gen2, but pictures proved it to be a Gen1. Did I get an old bolt, or are all lefties Gen1?

While we're talking bolts, is it just me that thinks the bolt arm should be swept forward instead of back? Seems like on a bullpup, you'd want to do that to place the knob closer to the hand and to reduce how far you need to crank your arm back on ejection. Probably a dumb question, but: Any way to turn it around?

While we're talking bolts, is it just me that thinks the bolt arm should be swept forward instead of back? Seems like on a bullpup, you'd want to do that to place the knob closer to the hand and to reduce how far you need to crank your arm back on ejection. Probably a dumb question, but: Any way to turn it around?

SupressYourself,
The reason that the bolts bend to the rear is so that they move with the wrist movement. Even with a bullpup there is still an upward and rearward movement to the wrist. If the bolt bent forward, it would fight your natural wrist movement.

SupressYourself,
The reason that the bolts bend to the rear is so that they move with the wrist movement. Even with a bullpup there is still an upward and rearward movement to the wrist. If the bolt bent forward, it would fight your natural wrist movement.

Also the brass would hit your hand and fall back into the action.

Maybe I am missing something. Doesn't SAC make a conversion for 223/300 for the SRS? And wouldn't the Valkyier work if they opened the bolt face to fit the round? Just asking.

Maybe I am missing something. Doesn't SAC make a conversion for 223/300 for the SRS? And wouldn't the Valkyier work if they opened the bolt face to fit the round? Just asking.

I think you are missing something, and getting something else. What your missing is there are much better options than the Valkyrie, as mentioned above. And the Valkyrie would be difficult to feed in the SRS as SC explained also above. What you are getting, is the marketing campaign from Federal. If you want a 224 caliber that shoots 75+ grain bullets at 3000+ FPS, then get a 22CM, if not, a 223 will do the rest just fine.

We touched on that a few pages earlier, they did create those. I believe the current shop producing them has changed but it's the same kit, quality and 1/2 moa guarantee. I'm planning to pick up their kit with both 223 and 300blk later this year.

I think you are missing something, and getting something else. What your missing is there are much better options than the Valkyrie, as mentioned above. And the Valkyrie would be difficult to feed in the SRS as SC explained also above. What you are getting, is the marketing campaign from Federal. If you want a 224 caliber that shoots 75+ grain bullets at 3000+ FPS, then get a 22CM, if not, a 223 will do the rest just fine.

Thanks Sir I see what you are talking about now.

Its not as simple as opening the bolt face. The extractor/ejector would have to be completely redone. And the V would not work in the 223 mag.

We touched on that a few pages earlier, they did create those. I believe the current shop producing them has changed but it's the same kit, quality and 1/2 moa guarantee. I'm planning to pick up their kit with both 223 and 300blk later this year.

SAC has been and is the only shop making the 223 conversion. If someone buys a conversion kit and has it rebarreled someplace else, thats another thing. But SAC is the only one making parts for 223 conversions.

Hey guys, I recently made these Arca Plates for DTA. Looking for some feedback! Thanks!
20180120_034945.png
20180120_035006.png

Can anyone tell me who makes this mount?

Attachments

• IMG_0633.jpg
    IMG_0633.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 80
I called and left a message with Snipe Custom Arms and never got a call back. Do we know if he is still in business? I would like to try one of his custom gen ll knobs.

I called and left a message with Snipe Custom Arms and never got a call back. Do we know if he is still in business? I would like to try one of his custom gen ll knobs.

I ordered one of his DT knobs online earlier this week. My card got charged so I sure hope he’s still in business.

SAC has been and is the only shop making the 223 conversion. If someone buys a conversion kit and has it rebarreled someplace else, thats another thing. But SAC is the only one making parts for 223 conversions.

I could have sworn I saw a post by Mark or on the SAC site saying that another shop was taking over making those. Guess I dreamt it.

Has anyone tried the ZRO Delta mounts and if so what can you tell me about them.

My scope mount and muzzle brake finally showed up yesterday morning. After installing the brake and mounting the scope I finally got to send my first rounds down range with my new to me SRS A1 300 WM .

I had 15 rounds of some cheapo Federal 180 grain soft point ammo laying around and figured I'd use it up to get the scope zeroed and fire a few groups.

Everything went nice and smooth until my last 3 round group, the damn TS Customs barrel put 3 of the junk bullets into a .2" group. I'm not sure if I'll get any better accuracy handloading, but at least I'll be able to load higher quality bullets. I use 215 hybrids in my other 300 WM and the SRS will be fed the same.

Reactions: Curt1521
anyone running clip on (PVS 30), is there room enough on DTA? tried searching, but nothing really. pre-scout era search would be great again.

I ordered one of his DT knobs online earlier this week. My card got charged so I sure hope he’s still in business.
I'm guessing you ordered the Gen 1 knob? When I select the gen 2 knob it has said out of stock for past few months. :( I've emailed them and haven't heard anything back. Think I'll go with Phoenix Custom Rifles, was told to just send them my bolt and $40 will get my knob back in a week.

Glad the forum is back up. Was sad to try to get on and see the site down. No more "dislike" button, lol! I did like the Thanks button though.

Anyone use any type of rail extension to mount a clip on to their covert length hand guard? ADM makes an Eotech riser that looks like it might work for me but not sure if it’ll clear the ocular lense of the PVS 30

Last edited:
Reactions: deersniper
I just recently purchased a DT in 6.5 Creedmoor and got the deal of the century. I was quoted the wrong price and I drove an hour to get it the next day. The guys at the store were shocked when I told them what I was quoted, I would have totally understood if they wouldn’t sell me the rifle but they did! I basically got the complete rifle for the price of a chassis! So I’ve got some leftover money and looking at getting another barrel/caliber, bolt, magazine and see which one piece scope mount to get. Either the Desert Tech 34mm or the one Primal Rights carries. I’m ready to get behind the trigger and send some rounds downrange! Any suggestions on scope mounts and where the best place is to get the aftermarket barrels and conversion kit, bolt and Mag?

I just recently purchased a DT in 6.5 Creedmoor and got the deal of the century. I was quoted the wrong price and I drove an hour to get it the next day. The guys at the store were shocked when I told them what I was quoted, I would have totally understood if they wouldn’t sell me the rifle but they did! I basically got the complete rifle for the price of a chassis! So I’ve got some leftover money and looking at getting another barrel/caliber, bolt, magazine and see which one piece scope mount to get. Either the Desert Tech 34mm or the one Primal Rights carries. I’m ready to get behind the trigger and send some rounds downrange! Any suggestions on scope mounts and where the best place is to get the aftermarket barrels and conversion kit, bolt and Mag?

For barrels go with Eric at ES Tactical. http://www.es-tactical.com/shop/Desert-Tech/ES-Tactical-SRS-Barrels--Conversion-Kits.htm

I’ll be calling you today for one of the mounts. I haven’t seen the Hawkins one piece but I like the DT with bubble level. I’ve got a Larue mount right now, which I guess is fine, it serves it’s purpose. I’m also waiting for suppressor mounts for the Crux and SAS cans.

Can't go wrong with Spuhr ISMS. There's a few barrel options for the DT. Short Action Customs, Primal Rights, ES Tactical, Special Purpose Weapons, and I think they may be 1 more company to spin up barrels. I have 1 from SAC and a Proof barrel from Special Purpose.

We can help with DT mounts, aftermarket barrels, bolts and mags . Shoot us an email, or give us a call next week at the shop. Es-tactical.com

Reactions: Ogbybay
Curious, but what's market value for a used good condition Gen2 DTA, FDE, in 308 and 260 barrels? Low milage on the barrels.

I was trying to sell a 6.5 Creed barrel a few months ago and got down to $650 with no takers. I bought it used from another member here as a backup but didn’t shoot it. I plan to shoot it when it warms up and share the target with the new for sale/for trade ad, and that price will change based on how it shoots.
You can expect to see barrels going anywhere from $850 (Black Friday pricing) to $1200 new. You can also consider trading barrels, or having them modified (shortened, rechambered, etc) to better suit your current needs.

I sold a new Factory DT 26”, 7WSM barrel to another hide member last month for $800. Which I thought was a good deal for them. I got a good deal on the rifle and didn’t need the barrel so I passed on the savings to them.