• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

15.25” is the LOP with no spacers. Your LOP would be increased if you added spacers.

Thanks,appreciated.

Trying to decide if that rifle is going to work for me,before i make the plunge.
The lop that i can use is in a standard stock is 13.5 +or- depending on the stock.
Don't want to invest a bunch of $$,and end up with a rig that won't work for me.

Thanks again

You just need to find a fellow DT owner in Hawaii to try it for yourself. Looks like the closest dealer is in California.

I just received my 33xc reamer from Dave Manson. Does anyone know if the TBAC 338 ultra will hold up on the end of a 33xc barrel?

Reactions: jbrand11
Can anyone give me a quick run down on the differences b/w the SRS-A1 and SRS Gen 2? I see references to both of these, but I cant seem to find an explanation of each - are they different or just different nomenclature to differentiate the SRS-A1 vs SRS?

Which model is this chassis?

Attachments

• DT2.jpg
    DT2.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 96
  • DT3.jpg
    DT3.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 88
Can anyone give me a quick run down on the differences b/w the SRS-A1 and SRS Gen 2? I see references to both of these, but I cant seem to find an explanation of each - are they different or just different nomenclature to differentiate the SRS-A1 vs SRS?

Which model is this chassis?

Look at the top of the handguard where it meets the receiver, if there is a set screw it's a gen 2 not the A1.

The A1 has the adjustable cheek rest and thick rubber sissy pad on the back. The Gen 2 is like the gen 1 but has a different barrel extension. The gen 1 had a small roll pin to index the barrel but they got sheared off when people dropped their barrels into the receiver. The gen 2 fixed that by using the front of the mag well to index the barrel. The new barrel extensions have a big slot that straddles the magwell instead of a tiny slot that fits over a small roll pin. You can use a gen 2 barrel extension in a gen 1 rifle but not the other way around.

The A1 added the cheekrest riser and changed the way the front handguard attaches to the receiver. The early gen 1/gen2 receivers have external threads up front that the handguard screws on to. There is a key and lock screw on top to keep things from moving. The A1 went to an internal thread on the receiver with a threaded sleeve that goes into both the receiver and handguard. One end has a right hand thread the other is left. This allows you to tighten the parts together snugly instead of depending on the timing of the single thread and a key.

All the A1s use Gen 2 barrel extensions

Hope that helps
Frank

Is a new chassis worth ~$170 more than a chassis w/ 3K rounds on it?
I'm debating b/w a used chassis w/ new bolt & mag or new chassis, bolt & mag for $170 more

Does anyone have a handguard removal tool they want to sell for an srs A1?

Im about a day or two away from ordering an SRSA1 chassis, and trying to decide which direction I want to go w/ the barrel length. First kit will be a 6.5CM
Do I embrace the compactness and run something in the 20"-22" range OR take advatnage of the extra and go 26"-28"? Uses will primarily be steel ringing 400-800 yards (rarely out to 1200 depending on vegetation), handful of local matches a year (similar distance), and 2-4 hunts per year.

Also, does anyone know if any of the barrel suppliers will thread the muzzle w/ a taper to the Q specs?

This is just my personal opinion and approach, but given your intended use....I would get a 22" barrel. I have a 22" barrel in .308 and 26" in 6.5 creed and I love the compactness of the 22" barrel.

Im about a day or two away from ordering an SRSA1 chassis, and trying to decide which direction I want to go w/ the barrel length. First kit will be a 6.5CM
Do I embrace the compactness and run something in the 20"-22" range OR take advatnage of the extra and go 26"-28"? Uses will primarily be steel ringing 400-800 yards (rarely out to 1200 depending on vegetation), handful of local matches a year (similar distance), and 2-4 hunts per year.

Also, does anyone know if any of the barrel suppliers will thread the muzzle w/ a taper to the Q specs?

I run a 22.5'' Bartlien 6.5 CM in my SRS. It'll fill your intended uses perfectly!

If i were in your shoes I'd order a Chassis, Bolt and a few mags from Special Purpose Rifles or Euro Optic, then order a custom barrel to your specs (thread pitch, length, chamber).

very good to hear the positive reviews. I found a couple in stock ready to ship for a price I can handle (~$900ish vs. the $1200-$1400 ive been seeing for some of the usual suspects)

Nice!....you'll have to let us know what you think. While I love SAC ( I have 2 of their barrels), the price tag is a bit hard to swallow at times.

Hawk Hill 6xc was spun up by Ty/Joe DMR in Vegas. It shoots pretty well; the target above was cherry picked, but it’s always shot really well. About 30 minutes after I shot that group I pulled the 6xc and threw in my SAC Bartlein 260 and shot this 5 rd group with 140 Hybrids.
I guess my point is the system shoots well with premium barrels spun up by people with experience spinning up these barrels, even if you’re not a military trained sniper.

5B6E948D-2850-4C5F-B9C2-848605A3CAA2.jpeg

Reactions: ReneM
Hot damn! Nice layout. I’ll be the first to ask; what’s between the 6.5 SAUM, 6.5 SAUM 2, and 6.5 SAUM 3?
Love the added caliber choices too!
Shoot! Well we missed finishing that before we went live. We have several different neck and freebore specs for that one, and the numbers were just place holders until I double checked what we had.

What is the lowest mount height you guys are running w/ a 50mm objective & caps (razor amg w/ aadmount caps)? I need a 20-30 MOA mount preferably a spuhr or ARC.

For those of you running multiple cartridges - what is in your stable?

223, 6 Creedmoor, 260, 284, 308.

I keep trying to convince myself that I need a magnum caliber, but truth is I don't have access to a range longer than 600 yards, so no point. Any of the five conversions I have now will easily handle that.

Those of you with a 300NM, what length & twist are you running? Any regrets/changes you'd make if you could redo it?

Part 2) Does anyone historically run any BF deals on DT barrels or should I jump on the ES-Tactical deal?

1:8 twist and 28” long. No regrets with the barrel specs I chose.

The ES sale is a very solid one. If I was in the market for another barrel I would order one from ES.

1:8 twist and 28” long. No regrets with the barrel specs I chose.

The ES sale is a very solid one. If I was in the market for another barrel I would order one from ES.
thanks for the info - those are the specs im kicking around. what contour are you running and how is recoil?

Those of you with a 300NM, what length & twist are you running? Any regrets/changes you'd make if you could redo it?

Part 2) Does anyone historically run any BF deals on DT barrels or should I jump on the ES-Tactical deal?

All my barrels are from ES Tactical and I have been very happy with support and awesome quality.
0276430C-2DA1-45F1-90D0-C6ACF7419387.jpeg
5D7FE03C-D9DF-482B-A711-0FA23EFD7B2B.jpeg

Reactions: Jeffd and cro789
thanks for the info - those are the specs im kicking around. what contour are you running and how is recoil?

SAC calls the contour they use the DTA contour. I’m pulling from memory but the muzzle at 28” is around .930” in diameter. It’s a heavy contour for sure. I have an Insite Arms Heathen brake on my norma barrel and the recoil is not bad at all. Don’t get me wrong....you’ll know when you pull the trigger ?, but it’s very manageable.

Mine is a 9 twist, 29" and a straight 1.250 contour. Weighs ou ver 9.5lbs. Have a sidewinder brake on it, recoil is not bad at all.

I was on the fence with jumping into the 300 Norma game, but definitely glad I went with it.
My zero for the 6.5cm and 300nm are very close also. .3mils left and .1 up for the 6.5 barrel.
This DT platform is incredible!
Pull the trigger on the 300nm barrel, you'll be glad you did

16" 308, 17" 260, 26" 7 wsm, 22" 308, 26" 260 and a 30" 7-300 norma on the way.

6xc, (2) 260, 6.5 SAUM, 450 Bushmaster, 300 Win Mag. Thinking about putting the 6.5 SAUM in the PX.

What's the details on the saum? I've been thinking about adding one to the collection.