• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Official Hog Hunting Thread

Biggest hog I've killed in probably 18 months. Like a rookie, I didn't have my tape measure with me (I also forgot to put my ear pro on before I shot) 😄. Knocking the rust off always is fun.

I've killed a few dozen that were between 250 and 300 pounds, and I'd say she comfortably fit in with that group. Had a hard time getting her in the frame because I was having to hold my phone above my head to snap the photos. That's a big-ass muck boot for reference.

20240102_211929.jpg

The night before last. Made a shitty video. Worth the two minutes if you're on the crapper, probably not so much otherwise.

Strung out the next day to get the coyotes away from the calves.

20240103_122655.jpg

The night before last. Made a shitty video. Worth the two minutes if you're on the crapper, probably not so much otherwise.

Strung out the next day to get the coyotes away from the calves.

View attachment 8314479

Now, that looked like fun. I would not mind getting a feral hog one day. I have had some, before.

My old working friend, John (RIP,) brought me a skinned and cleaned hog that I smoked with mesquite wood chunks on my charcoal-fired grill. I created pure heaven with that.

Reactions: diggler1833
Now, that looked like fun. I would not mind getting a feral hog one day. I have had some, before.

My old working friend, John (RIP,) brought me a skinned and cleaned hog that I smoked with mesquite wood chunks on my charcoal-fired grill. I created pure heaven with that.

I'll butcher a small female from time to time. Mostly though they are left for the buzzards.

A hog carcass though will bring coyotes in from over a mile off. Makes for a tiresome following week, but after I kill a bunch of them the yote traffic slows way down for several months...that's a good thing for me because calves are due to start hitting the ground here in another month.

I'll butcher a small female from time to time. Mostly though they are left for the buzzards.

A hog carcass though will bring coyotes in from over a mile off. Makes for a tiresome following week, but after I kill a bunch of them the yote traffic slows way down for several months...that's a good thing for me because calves are due to start hitting the ground here in another month.
Makes sense. Also seems like a neverending job.

Reactions: diggler1833
It's shit, and I know it. But for those looking to entertain themselves for 3 more minutes on the crapper...

Reactions: Ronws
It's shit, and I know it. But for those looking to entertain themselves for 3 more minutes on the crapper...

How did you know I was on the crapper?

Wait, never mind, you probably edited and posted on the crapper.

How did you know I was on the crapper?

Wait, never mind, you probably edited and posted on the crapper.

It might appear that way, but I spent a solid 45 minutes lying on the bed putting that together.

Reactions: Ronws
Here‘s few from the last couple of outings. We’ve done a good job thinning the sounders out over the last year and now the pickings are getting slim. Last picture is how a wild hog is supposed to end up in the cast iron pan! Shooting a Diamond Back 300BO, Reap IR 60MM, and Dead Air Nomad, Hornady Black 100g factory ammo. Works almost all the time. Had a 350 pound boar take three hits and still managed to crawl off into the thickets/swamp. Didn’t recover him because I don’t night track alone even with the dog! Hog hunting is so much fun!
IMG_4568.jpeg
IMG_4263.jpeg
IMG_4475.jpeg
IMG_4262.jpeg
IMG_4470.jpeg

Here‘s few from the last couple of outings. We’ve done a good job thinning the sounders out over the last year and now the pickings are getting slim. Last picture is how a wild hog is supposed to end up in the cast iron pan! Shooting a Diamond Back 300BO, Reap IR 60MM, and Dead Air Nomad, Hornady Black 100g factory ammo. Works almost all the time. Had a 350 pound boar take three hits and still managed to crawl off into the thickets/swamp. Didn’t recover him because I don’t night track alone even with the dog! Hog hunting is so much fun!
View attachment 8336496View attachment 8336497View attachment 8336498View attachment 8336499View attachment 8336500
Before and after pics. Nice.

This is the big boy (SC Definition) and was around 300 pounds that took three hits from the 300BO at 40 yards and I missed a head shot and heard the rounds smack his shield and he went down twice and still got up. Went down on the third shot and I didn't see him and thought he was done. Nope he was gone and we tracked him the next day with my dog. I got his little buddy 200lbs that's behind him in the photo a couple of days later.

IMG_2359.JPG

The official deer and hog tracker who can find anything dead or alive! Hangin' Tree Cow Dog with 45% Belgium Malinois mix. Best damn dog I've ever had and he hates pigs....
IMG_4220.jpeg

Made my annual trek down to south TX for ye olde ham slam. Pretty sure this was my 20th year, can't remember. Things have changed alot since I was randomly stomping through the brush with the ol 7 mag. We killed 38 for sure, a few got into the rhubarb. I actually switched to my bolt gun for a little practice on it and was surprised at how many I was still able to get. Edit: I do have a few videos from my scopes, but the files are huge. I doubt I will create a YouTube channel, but maybe I can get an anonymous guest appearance on another show...
hog1.jpg
hog3.jpg
hog2.jpg

Last edited: