• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official MDT 6BR Magazine Thread

Anyone have to mess with the follower to make these work? I have 2 of the 12rd br mags. After firing or cycling 6-8 cartridges from a full magazine the remaining 4-6 are loose as the follower is stuck. Both magazines bind in the same spot.
They feed and function fine for the first 6-8 shots in my Bighorn TL3 6Dasher. I would like to get these working.

I had trouble in my last match with rounds nose diving in two of my magazines. The last 3-4 would be nose down in the MDT mag. Has anyone experienced that? Any tips? I am thinking feed lip adjustment perhaps...
Adjusting the feed lips can help for sure. Also, try applying upward pressure on the magazine while cycling the action and see if that helps.

I had trouble in my last match with rounds nose diving in two of my magazines. The last 3-4 would be nose down in the MDT mag. Has anyone experienced that? Any tips? I am thinking feed lip adjustment perhaps...
I had the exact same problem with my TL-3 in 6mm Dasher, I could not get them to work. I ended up using the MDT springs/follower and spacer in Accurate mags and it worked perfect. My accurate mags also held 12 rnds in 6mm Dasher

Have you taken it apart and cleaned them?

Everyone that’s having the issues with the follower not keep up or enough pressure, do you have the original followers or what seem to be the updated one? I got the ones that shipped a few weeks ago, which I believe are an updated version with the real of the follower tiled up you keep better pressure to alleviate bolt over ride
image.jpg

I had some issues with mine too. I'm not sure if it was hanging in the magazine,or if it was sitting too low and the bolt wouldnt pick it up. All I know is unmodded AI and magpul mags both fed fine

^ Hes got the fix for all these mags. Worked on my AW mags doing the EXACT same thing yall are having issues with on your MDT mags

Reactions: Saf3sh00t3r
It's weird there is so much variation because I have 2 from when they were first introduced that I run in a TL3 6 dasher and have zero issue with them. They actually run better than anything else I've tried. I did zero modifications to them.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
@MDT_Josh, have they been working well in the Mausingfield?
There hasn't been much feedback on the Mausingfield, however, it should work.

For anyone having issues, we thank you for your feedback and the best thing you can do is send us an e-mail through our support portal and tell us about what issues you are having. From there we can come up with a solution that best suits your situation. In a strive to produce the best possible product feedback such as this is critical. However, in an open forum, it is very difficult to evaluate and pass on all feedback to our design team. Send us an e-mail, tell us about your issues, what rifle action, which stock/DBM/chassis you have and we will get this information to our design team.

Reactions: swhiteh3
@MDT_Josh Is there any difference between the BR mags in terms of feedlip, mag body construction than your normal 308 + spacer kits? Its not easy to tell from pictures without identical side by sides what the difference might be.

@MDT_Josh Is there any difference between the BR mags in terms of feedlip, mag body construction than your normal 308 + spacer kits? Its not easy to tell from pictures without identical side by sides what the difference might be.
Same feed lip spacing and same body as a 12 round binder plate magazine.

I had an issue in my match at the gap grind. When I put 12 rounds in the mag I could not load it in my Manners. Thought it was the chassis at first, luckily Tom Manners was there and we figured it out before I lost to much time. Do you have any fix for this. Please PM

I had an issue in my match at the gap grind. When I put 12 rounds in the mag I could not load it in my Manners. Thought it was the chassis at first, luckily Tom Manners was there and we figured it out before I lost to much time. Do you have any fix for this. Please PM

Please send us an e-mail to [email protected] with details on what happened and we will be happy to look into it for you.

I'm still waiting for the ones i ordered on Black to ship. Hopefully soon 🤞

I emailed them about my order from Black Friday and got an update yesterday. I was told about another 2 weeks for the 6br mags to be done and shipped.

Reactions: Throwinsparks
If you have an order placed already, it shouldn't be too much longer now. If you are asking about a new order, it will take some time as we are getting caught up in production.

Reactions: Throwinsparks
I got 3 brand new ones that I would like to trade for standard 12 rounders...
I bought the BRs in the hope that it would work with the 6mm ARC... It doesn't.

I got 3 brand new ones that I would like to trade for standard 12 rounders...
I bought the BRs in the hope that it would work with the 6mm ARC... It doesn't.
The 6mm ARC is a smaller body/rim diameter than the 6mm BR/BRA/Dasher which is the root of the problems with this combination. We're currently investigating magazines for the 6mm ARC and we'll keep you all up to date as we go!

Josh

The 6mm ARC is a smaller body/rim diameter than the 6mm BR/BRA/Dasher which is the root of the problems with this combination. We're currently investigating magazines for the 6mm ARC and we'll keep you all up to date as we go!

Josh
Thank you for the input Josh.
The MDT polymer 224 Val works perfectly!

The 6BR mags work on the .224 Valkyrie as well, but you need to tweak the feed lips, and be able to adjust the mag latch (like on the JAE chassis) to make it feed reliably. Essentially, you have to raise the magazine up, after tweaking the feed lips down.

Reactions: rhydet
@MDT_Josh @MDT_OFFICIAL

Ive got a Ultimatum U300 action which has 3 lugs and a fat bolt. Ive shortened my mag latche and have adjusted feed lips to smoothly feed 260AI rounds from Accurate and MDT mags.

Is it impossible to get the MDT 6BR mags to feed from a 3 Lug even if ive shortened my mag latch and can adjust mag lips?
Im looking to get a 6BRA barrel.

Cheers

@MDT_Josh @MDT_OFFICIAL

Ive got a Ultimatum U300 action which has 3 lugs and a fat bolt. Ive shortened my mag latche and have adjusted feed lips to smoothly feed 260AI rounds from Accurate and MDT mags.

Is it impossible to get the MDT 6BR mags to feed from a 3 Lug even if ive shortened my mag latch and can adjust mag lips?
Im looking to get a 6BRA barrel.

Cheers

With most three-lug actions, the bolt body size and position of the third lug don't clear the spacer. You likely would be able to make it work, but we wouldn't be able to guarantee it, and it won't be an out-of-box solution.

-Anthony

Reactions: MarinePMI
With most three-lug actions, the bolt body size and position of the third lug don't clear the spacer. You likely would be able to make it work, but we wouldn't be able to guarantee it, and it won't be an out-of-box solution.

-Anthony

Thats fine, I understand that you guys cant guarantee it and it wont be a plug and play magazine. I went through 3 different magazines in my 260 AI and ended up with your MDT 10rd no blinder mags and tinkered with feed lips/polishing lips to get it to work and now they are my best running magazines.

Is the spacer made from plastic or metal?

Thats fine, I understand that you guys cant guarantee it and it wont be a plug and play magazine. I went through 3 different magazines in my 260 AI and ended up with your MDT 10rd no blinder mags and tinkered with feed lips/polishing lips to get it to work and now they are my best running magazines.

Is the spacer made from plastic or metal?
That is good to hear!

The spacer is plastic.

-Anthony

Anyone else having issues with there magazine follower getting "suck" after 1 or 2 rounds find any solutions. If I reach in and poke it it pops up and then keep feeding fine.
I haven't messed with the feed lips yet as I am not convinced that's the problem.

MDT blamed the Zeus action, but I don't think the bolt is pushing the rounds down either.

155273453_265149245017927_743302543629901663_n.jpg

Anyone else having issues with there magazine follower getting "suck" after 1 or 2 rounds find any solutions. If I reach in and poke it it pops up and then keep feeding fine.
I haven't messed with the feed lips yet as I am not convinced that's the problem.

MDT blamed the Zeus action, but I don't think the bolt is pushing the rounds down either.

View attachment 7572627
That's usually the mag presenting the round too high, and at too flat an angle. The pressure of stripping a round out of the mag, drags the rounds beneath it forward. As the rounds move upward from spring pressure, the bullet nose drags, and causes the whole stack to fan out, which then causes the top rounds to nose dive.

Try closing the feed lips together a little in the rear. Obviously, the round needs to be high enough, but you want the round to angle up as it comes out, so it doesn't drag the whole case wall against the other round under it. This is one of the reasons straight walled, sharp angled shouldered cases are a pain to getting feeding reliably (and why the 308 and 223 are 23 degree angle shoulders, or something close to that, with slightly tapered case bodies).

Short and fat powder columns tend to burn more consistently, but are a chore to get to feed reliably.

Everything is a trade off....

View attachment 7572627

Our apologies if it came across as blaming the action. We've had limited success with three lug actions out of the package, and some tuning will be required to make it work.

A good place to start is noting the orientation of the case in the feed lips. You want to be either level or shoulder up. If you slightly shoulder down, that will be an issue. Next, measure your feed lips for spacing to keep a baseline and start adjusting the feed lips. You are likely going to need to be shoulder up.

Another thing to watch is how the magazine is loaded. It's an easy thing to check and can help as well. Pushing on the center of the case to load rather than neck/shoulder keeps the round more level and makes stacking a lot better.

-Anthony

Tuning the feed lips is the first thing I do anytime I receive a magazine, and haven't had a single issue running 6 Dasher with any of my MDT mags. Just reference how the brass sits in the magazine, using the primer as a relative guide, and it's pretty easy.

Considering the mass production of magazines and variability of brass / chassis / actions, etc., I consider magazine tuning a "must do" regardless of manufacturer if you want the most reliable feeding.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Tuning the feed lips is the first thing I do anytime I receive a magazine, and haven't had a single issue running 6 Dasher with any of my MDT mags. Just reference how the brass sits in the magazine, using the primer as a relative guide, and it's pretty easy.

Considering the mass production of magazines and variability of brass / chassis / actions, etc., I consider magazine tuning a "must do" regardless of manufacturer if you want the most reliable feeding.
That's fair, but our goal is to be a drop-in fit whenever possible since it does suck not to have something work right out of the package. In most cases, you won't have an issue, and it's always good to verify that there is an issue before you make any adjustments.

Reactions: LV Precision
From my understanding, they are having trouble sourcing the steel for all their mags. i imagine they'll be back as soon as they get that straight.

Any idea when the 6 BR mags will be back in stock?
Hopefully, soon, our production team is hard at work!

Second, I've been needing one for a while.
Yes, it shouldn't be too much longer now!

From my understanding, they are having trouble sourcing the steel for all their mags. i imagine they'll be back as soon as they get that straight.
Basically, we ran out, and the size we use is fairly uncommon, lots of steel in now, and right now, we are going as quickly as we can to get caught up!

-Anthony

yeah I just ordered a BR mag today, when I went to pay I was hit with notice that it was 2 to 3 months out...maybe it'll be in when the barrel is finished up in 2 to 3 months also

yeah I just ordered a BR mag today, when I went to pay I was hit with notice that it was 2 to 3 months out...maybe it'll be in when the barrel is finished up in 2 to 3 months also
It's always best to get an order in; that way, you are guaranteed them when they are available. This year is shaping up to be a year of constant stock outs. Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to get that fixed, but the demand is massive, which sucks if you try and only buy in-stock stuff.

-Anthony

I’m passed 3 months now. Even had the rifle I bought to run these mags in finished, shipped, and ran it in a match with a borrowed mag. 😂

Hopefully it’s just 3ish months fellas. I’m over 5, I had to pick some up from a friend who let a couple go. At least I’ll have extras when they arrive.

I’m passed 3 months now. Even had the rifle I bought to run these mags in finished, shipped, and ran it in a match with a borrowed mag. 😂
Our apologies for that; we promise they are coming; it shouldn't be too much longer now.

Hopefully it’s just 3ish months fellas. I’m over 5, I had to pick some up from a friend who let a couple go. At least I’ll have extras when they arrive.
Yikes, our apologies for that; it really shouldn't be how it went. We will have the next batch finished here in the coming weeks, and we will get them to you as soon as possible.

-Anthony

Our apologies for that; we promise they are coming; it shouldn't be too much longer now.

Yikes, our apologies for that; it really shouldn't be how it went. We will have the next batch finished here in the coming weeks, and we will get them to you as soon as possible.

-Anthony
Hey no worries, I completely understand. I have ordered a lot from MDT this last year and everything else has been ahead of schedule.

Reactions: MDT_OFFICIAL
Hey no worries, I completely understand. I have ordered a lot from MDT this last year and everything else has been ahead of schedule.
Thank you for the patience with us, we are working to get back on track, but admittedly it's been a rough start to the year.

-Anthony

Reactions: JustSendit
Okay can you guys provide a firm ship date on these. I’ve asked a few time and each time was told 4-6 weeks. Then 6 weeks later get told 4-6 weeks.

I ordered Black Friday mags and stil haven’t received them.

On my 4th email saying 4-6 weeks.