• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official MDT 6BR Magazine Thread

Okay can you guys provide a firm ship date on these. I’ve asked a few time and each time was told 4-6 weeks. Then 6 weeks later get told 4-6 weeks.

I ordered Black Friday mags and stil haven’t received them.

On my 4th email saying 4-6 weeks.
We are providing the most up-to-date information we have. We know it's frustrating; it's frustrating for us to provide the same answer to the same person multiple times. Rest assured, this is looking like the last hurdles have been cleared, but with the way things are going, it's very tough to say. Right now, though, we just found out Ford uses the same metal for body panels that we use for magazine bodies, and since they have similar supply constraints, they have been buying it up like crazy as well.

We will get you them as soon as we can!

-Anthony

We are providing the most up-to-date information we have. We know it's frustrating; it's frustrating for us to provide the same answer to the same person multiple times. Rest assured, this is looking like the last hurdles have been cleared, but with the way things are going, it's very tough to say. Right now, though, we just found out Ford uses the same metal for body panels that we use for magazine bodies, and since they have similar supply constraints, they have been buying it up like crazy as well.

We will get you them as soon as we can!

-Anthony
If it’s a lack of metal issue, would you guys be willing to sell the follower? Is it even possible to just use the follower and spring in a meta 308 mag?

If it’s a lack of metal issue, would you guys be willing to sell the follower? Is it even possible to just use the follower and spring in a meta 308 mag?
It's part of it; the follower and spacers have been difficult to. The material, in general, is difficult to get right now. And to clarify, we only offer the magazine completely, and even selling the spring would still be under our first-in, first-out rule, which would be after all backorders are filled.

-Anthony

Last edited:
For anyone looking for an alternative,

if you have an ai mag, buy the Altus +2 base with the primal rights kits. You have to tune the feed lips but seems to be working so far.

Got a shipping notification for my mags today, ordered from EABCO .

Has anyone tested these magazines with the 6GT ?

@Pvt.Donut is right.

The whole point of the GT was to have a Dasher-like cartridge (less power consumption and recoil than 6x47) that would feed from standard 7.62 AICS magazines. There should be zero reason to put a GT into a BR mag. You'd be needlessly limiting COAL.

ETA: Since the thread is about @MDT_OFFICIAL 6mm BR mags, I have a couple of them, and they've worked 100% for over a year in my Dasher (TL3 action in an ACC chassis).

Is there a way to tell if you have a 10 or 12 round br mag? I ordered a 12 round mag but can barely get 10 in.

Is there a way to tell if you have a 10 or 12 round br mag? I ordered a 12 round mag but can barely get 10 in.

The capacity is marked on the rear spine of the magazine.

The last 2 rounds can be difficult to insert when the magazine is new (the MDT mag loader helps a lot).

Reactions: kriller134
Has anyone tested these magazines with the 6GT ?

Our 6BR magazines do not work with 6GT since it would've to be so short. Along with our standard steel magazines. We are working on addressing that likely next year.

It's stamped on the back which body and yes. 12 rounds can be very tight in the beginning. The spring will soften a bit over time; our magazine loader will also help as well.

-Anthony

Will this magazine work for my Ruger Precision Rifle that I rebarreleled to 6BR?
As long as it is meant to work with AICS pattern magazines you will be good to go!

-Anthony

EDIT: Best to say it like this though, we've had feed back the RPR works ok with the magazine, but we do say three-lug actions are a no-go at this time, it would be best to buy them, and try them. If they don't work out we can always set up a refund.

Last edited:
As long as it is meant to work with AICS pattern magazines you will be good to go!

-Anthony

EDIT: Best to say it like this though, we've had feed back the RPR works ok with the magazine, but we do say three-lug actions are a no-go at this time, it would be best to buy them, and try them. If they don't work out we can always set up a refund.
Hi, could you please confirm if MDT 6 Dasher magazine is expected to run at all with the MPA Curtis actions?

I just want to confirm, as i am giving up on it and totally unable to make it cooperate. Any smooth movement of the bolt makes round stuck like shown below:
534866-b6e22362fb2051986c58ea9e473d27ea.jpg

I purchased this magazine from shortactionprecision.com. they sell it for $79.99 and i see now it looks not like the other ones shown in this thread - on the body it says '10rd 308' and it looks like this - can you please confirm if it is a proper 6 Dasher MDT follower at all?
I have an AccurateMag that came with MPA rifle, its follower is not of great design, but it feeds more or less OK as long as follower does not flip sideways inside - so i noticed its lips are a bit longer than on this MDT mag - was i sold a wrong magazine? All this is quite frustrating, as it is not easy to find what it should be or not - if you could clarify - it would be most appreciated.

1654778708534.png

Hi, could you please confirm if MDT 6 Dasher magazine is expected to run at all with the MPA Curtis actions?

I just want to confirm, as i am giving up on it and totally unable to make it cooperate. Any smooth movement of the bolt makes round stuck like shown below:

I purchased this magazine from shortactionprecision.com. they sell it for $79.99 and i see now it looks not like the other ones shown in this thread - on the body it says '10rd 308' and it looks like this - can you please confirm if it is a proper 6 Dasher MDT follower at all?
I have an AccurateMag that came with MPA rifle, its follower is not of great design, but it feeds more or less OK as long as follower does not flip sideways inside - so i noticed its lips are a bit longer than on this MDT mag - was i sold a wrong magazine? All this is pretty frustration, you could clarify - it would be most appreciated.

View attachment 7888029
Unfortunately the three lug actions don’t play nice with those magazines.

216416B6-9756-434B-AE38-08139495C2E1.png

Reactions: Paul73
Unfortunately the three lug actions don’t play nice with those magazines.

View attachment 7888032
that is quite sad.
is there any known 6 dasher magazine that may/will work acceptably well with curtis action? i hand feed it on a bench, but, it would be nice to have a magazine that works better than the accuratemag MPA provided. if there is a dedicated thread on this topic - i can go there, but i do not see it, do not want to generate too much of an offtopic here.

That is a Dasher/BR magazine though - they use the same body as the .308 magazine but have a spacer block in the back to set the rounds forward. As stated above, most 3-lug actions will not work. I can confirm that the American Rifle Co 3-lug actions function properly though.

that is quite sad.
is there any known 6 dasher magazine with may/will work acceptably well with curtis action? i hand feed it on a bench, but, it would be nice to have a magazine that works better than the accuratemag MPA provided. if there is a dedicated thread on this topic - i can go there, but i do not see it, do not want to generate too much of an offtopic here.
I think MKMachine makes a follower for those mags, I’d say look into AW mags but I don’t believe the MPA/Curtis action is cut for them.

Reactions: Paul73

I have an AccurateMag that came with MPA rifle, its follower is not of great design, but it feeds more or less OK as long as follower does not flip sideways inside - so i noticed its lips are a bit longer than on this MDT mag - was i sold a wrong magazine? All this is quite frustrating, as it is not easy to find what it should be or not - if you could clarify - it would be most appreciated.

View attachment 7888029
Just wanted to hop in, clarify some things and see if I can help!

The magazine that you bought appears to be one of our 10 round 6BR magazines, we also offer a 12 round. Unfortunately, our MDT 6mm BR magazines DO NOT RELIABLY FUNCTION WITH ALL 3-LUG ACTIONS: Curtis, Terminus, Ultimatum, etc. We have identified the issues and are currently still working on a product that will solve a lot of these issues, we just don't have them ready yet due to a few compounding factors, however, I am not here to make excuses.

Regardless, the best solutions I can give you now are:
  1. There are some cases that some simple feedlip tweaking can help your feeding issues, however, I can not guarantee 100% reliable feeding out of a Curtis.
  2. AW magazines with an HRD kit seem to be the ticket for 3-lug actions and BR based cartridges, however, they are also not perfect and are designed around the 308 AW platform, meaning that you will also have to do some tinkering.
Thanks,
Josh

Just wanted to hop in, clarify some things and see if I can help!

The magazine that you bought appears to be one of our 10 round 6BR magazines, we also offer a 12 round. Unfortunately, our MDT 6mm BR magazines DO NOT RELIABLY FUNCTION WITH ALL 3-LUG ACTIONS: Curtis, Terminus, Ultimatum, etc. We have identified the issues and are currently still working on a product that will solve a lot of these issues, we just don't have them ready yet due to a few compounding factors, however, I am not here to make excuses.

Regardless, the best solutions I can give you now are:
  1. There are some cases that some simple feedlip tweaking can help your feeding issues, however, I can not guarantee 100% reliable feeding out of a Curtis.
  2. AW magazines with an HRD kit seem to be the ticket for 3-lug actions and BR based cartridges, however, they are also not perfect and are designed around the 308 AW platform, meaning that you will also have to do some tinkering.
Thanks,
Josh
Thank you so much for the clarification, it is exactly the info i needed.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
I recently acquired 10 and 12rd mdt br mags. The 12 runs like a champ. The 10, not so good. Its tough as hell to actually get 10 in. After running 2-3 rounds through the mag, the follower hangs up and it won't feed anymore. Does fine if you only load 7 rounds, but it's no bueno fully stacked.

I recently acquired 10 and 12rd mdt br mags. The 12 runs like a champ. The 10, not so good. Its tough as hell to actually get 10 in. After running 2-3 rounds through the mag, the follower hangs up and it won't feed anymore. Does fine if you only load 7 rounds, but it's no bueno fully stacked.

MDT released new followers for the BR magazines. I never had an issue with the original followers, but the new ones are definitely better with smoother feeding and anti-tilt followers.

Reactions: ZY100
We're sorry to hear that; please reach out to us through our support portal, and we would be happy to look into this for you.

-Anthony

Reactions: anotherwannabe
MDT released new followers for the BR magazines. I never had an issue with the original followers, but the new ones are definitely better with smoother feeding and anti-tilt followers.
Would you happen to have a picture of the new follower?

That's a good photo; easy ID as well as if it has a rivet in it. The new style just has a clip-on point, where the originals had a rivet to hold the spring.

-Anthony

They will take care of you if you call or email.

------------------------------------

You’re receiving this email because you have purchased one or more 6BR MDT Metal AICS Magazines. We are aware that a few customers have been experiencing feeding issues with these magazines, and we have since made some minor modifications to the follower which will help with feeding issues.

It is extremely important to us that we always give you our very best. Therefore if you have experienced any feeding issues with this magazine, we would like to send you a replacement follower. We will also send a new spring and spacer with it just in case. Of course, there is no cost to you for this.

Note, if you are using a 3 Lug action, this magazine will still need tuning to make it feed properly.

Please let us know if you would like this sent out to you by replying to this email.

Regards,

Anthony Bujak
Customer Support Manager

[email protected]

I have two12 round mags, old style. One ran well with a 3 lug(nucleus) and the other did not. Then after a year or 2, tgey both sucked. Got 2 new followers via MDT, and now they both seem to function well with an archemides. Tough to get 12 in, but so far definitely the ticket. Before the ai with br mag kit 10 round were most reliable.

The reason you guys are having issues getting the correct amount of rounds into the mag is actually by design. They changed the "deepness" of the follower so you could not possibly fit an 11th round in a marked 10 round mag due to commie ass california and any other state that has mag cap laws. They use the same follower and spring in the 12's as they do the 10's but with a longer spacer in the back and of course a longer mag body. If you want to easily load 10 in a 10 round mag or 12 in a 12 round mag, you need to get a mag extension, (which defeats the purpose of even making a 12 rnd mag). The mags, as the come, are basically an 8 round (10rnd) and 10 round (12rnd). With the new followers, adding an extension will allow you to easily get the marked amount of rounds in the mag without denting the cases like i and other have.

Reactions: Forcedoutage
The reason you guys are having issues getting the correct amount of rounds into the mag is actually by design. They changed the "deepness" of the follower so you could not possibly fit an 11th round in a marked 10 round mag due to commie ass california and any other state that has mag cap laws. They use the same follower and spring in the 12's as they do the 10's but with a longer spacer in the back and of course a longer mag body. If you want to easily load 10 in a 10 round mag or 12 in a 12 round mag, you need to get a mag extension, (which defeats the purpose of even making a 12 rnd mag). The mags, as the come, are basically an 8 round (10rnd) and 10 round (12rnd). With the new followers, adding an extension will allow you to easily get the marked amount of rounds in the mag without denting the cases like i and other have.

I easily fit 12 rounds in my 3 12-round MDT magazines with the new followers. I've used each for hundreds of rounds with absolutely zero issues going to 12-round capacity.

Reactions: Timo Turl
@BLKWLFK9 Is correct; there is a concern about actually hitting target round capacities. But if you feel the 8-10 rounds are super tight, you can trim the legs on the followers since what you are feeling is them contacting the base plate. Somewhere around 2 - 4 mm should do the trick, but if you are in an area where capacity is a concern, you could have issues depending on how hard you push.

-Anthony

Reactions: J McGriddle
I easily fit 12 rounds in my 3 12-round MDT magazines with the new followers. I've used each for hundreds of rounds with absolutely zero issues going to 12-round capacity.

Idk what to tell you, homey. Count your blessings, I guess. Look ☝️. The man himself says so.

• Haha
Is it possible to buy just the guts for the 6 dasher so I can put it in my 308 mags?

If you get hold of our customer service team ([email protected] or 1-604-393-0800) I am sure that we can get you set up :)

- Josh
Thanks Josh I just ended up ordering 2 of the 6br mags with the Thanksgiving sale. The website worked perfectly this year. Thank you!
I'm going to call tomorrow and ask if I can get 2 action bolts for the ACC premier for Remington 700 added to the order

For a year now, I've had issues when loading the 10rd BR mags (should've bought the 12rd) to full and trying to fight them to slide them in to the rifle, gave MDT a call to discuss about it and they said it just needed to break in. No changes after a few matches and leaving the mag loaded for a few weeks, so I made an extension that actually brings it up to 13rds and it feeds effortless into the magwell with either 10 or 12rds. I've gone through one match with it at RiflesOnly and it survived dropping it straight to the ground between positions. Haven't hung up on met yet and there is still enough spring pressure to keep it feeding right. I think it still needs to go through some more beatings at some local matches before I can fully trust it though.
IMG_5293.JPG

For a year now, I've had issues when loading the 10rd BR mags (should've bought the 12rd) to full and trying to fight them to slide them in to the rifle, gave MDT a call to discuss about it and they said it just needed to break in. No changes after a few matches and leaving the mag loaded for a few weeks, so I made an extension that actually brings it up to 13rds and it feeds effortless into the magwell with either 10 or 12rds. I've gone through one match with it at RiflesOnly and it survived dropping it straight to the ground between positions. Haven't hung up on met yet and there is still enough spring pressure to keep it feeding right. I think it still needs to go through some more beatings at some local matches before I can fully trust it though.
View attachment 8293519
Hey I am sorry that you're having issues with these magazines and it's definitely not just a "break in" period, there is an inherent design issue that we need to work out on these mags! It's good that you found a solution with 3d printed magazine extenders, but we need to roll out our solution ASAP.

- Josh

Hey I am sorry that you're having issues with these magazines and it's definitely not just a "break in" period, there is an inherent design issue that we need to work out on these mags! It's good that you found a solution with 3d printed magazine extenders, but we need to roll out our solution ASAP.

- Josh
This solution is to address the really stiff resistance on the last two rounds stuffed into the mag?

- Josh
So as someone standing by for 4 of thesen10 rounders can you elaborate on the issue?

Thanks

So as someone standing by for 4 of thesen10 rounders can you elaborate on the issue?

Thanks
When trying to load last 9th & 10th round into the mag. You’ll have to fight to get them in there. Once you have the last one in there, it would swell up the mag and you would have to forcibly insert the mag into the rifle.

When trying to load last 9th & 10th round into the mag. You’ll have to fight to get them in there. Once you have the last one in there, it would swell up the mag and you would have to forcibly insert the mag into the rifle.
MDT tried to fit a form like arc and aw mags cuz everyone complains about ai aics or accurate mags being too long. Well they compressed em a bit too much! I had a couple when I first started and I didn't like em much for these problems listed. Went back to arc or accurate with primal kits.

So is the general consensus to get 12s and run them at 10?

So is the general consensus to get 12s and run them at 10?
I can’t speak to what others do, but my approach is to fight 11 and 12 into the mag, run the bolt like I damn well mean it on the first two rounds, and keep my ears peeled for a better solution.

ETA: The benefits of spare rounds on a 10-rd stage, or no mag change on a 12-rd stage, outweigh the difficulty of getting the mag loaded, for me anyway.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Any updates on this? Have a 12 that is a PITA to get 10 or so in. I will say, it is new and letting it soak for a week or so at full capacity.