• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Official Zero Compromise Optic News & Updates

So this arrived today...

IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2640.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

Thank´s Baron.

As a father, i have a responsibility to keep my kids safe, when using my firearms.
I do see also A LOT of people to shoot with out eye safety, ears they do safe more, but think of that one time, when something happens.
Not a long time ago, i had some hot loads i shot, and the primer blow out, some gasses came to my face, and i felt burning debriss on my face.
But at least keep your kids safety in order, if you think you are safe.
I could never forgive my self, if something would happens to my kids, when they are shooting and i would not take care of them safety.
Adults too, once that eye is lost, you wont get it back, or the hearing.
Rifle with a muzzle brake is a like a ear drum exploder, over 170db.
Not need to do it long time, you the hearing is gone.
Even with a best hearing protectors, and ear plugs, i get a headache, if i shoot more than 20-30 rounds with brake on.

Thank´s Baron.

As a father, i have a responsibility to keep my kids safe, when using my firearms.
I do see also A LOT of people to shoot with out eye safety, ears they do safe more, but think of that one time, when something happens.
Not a long time ago, i had some hot loads i shot, and the primer blow out, some gasses came to my face, and i felt burning debriss on my face.
But at least keep your kids safety in order, if you think you are safe.
I could never forgive my self, if something would happens to my kids, when they are shooting and i would not take care of them safety.
Adults too, once that eye is lost, you wont get it back, or the hearing.
Rifle with a muzzle brake is a like a ear drum exploder, over 170db.
Not need to do it long time, you the hearing is gone.
Even with a best hearing protectors, and ear plugs, i get a headache, if i shoot more than 20-30 rounds with brake on.
I couldn’t agree more, Viking my friend. We only have one set of eyes and they are precious.

Even in clay target sports, where the risk of a hot load is far less, you will never see shooters out there without eye pro and I’ve never been to a club where it wasn’t mandatory.

The other thing I’m often puzzled by is why some folks spend thousands on high end scopes and their wonderful glass then look at it thru a cheap pair of safety glasses. I wear Randolph Rangers (have for decades). There are many other good shooting glasses out there that won’t degrade your sight picture but nonetheless I see lot of people with $12 work shop plastic safety glasses when shooting.

To each there own, I suppose.

Reactions: viking78
That would be me for one. I have never been able to find a pair of glasses that didn't screw up my sight picture
I had the cheap s..t glasses too, but then when i had the ESS, it was a game changer, not even expensive, and you can change the lenses too.

Is this an up coming product or is my GoogleFu failing me?

EDIT: Found the video on your YouTube channel, an up coming product.
Send message to Jim.

One day on a week with some time with his old man aint bad, when the old man in paying hi´s food after the trip etc.
I wish he would be more keen to this, but hi is on a teenage, as boy, that one hole seems to be more interesting than nothing else :D
But i am glad to see, that hi has take the lesson i have teach him to do.
Thinking on my mind, and heard quite many friend to say to me, that why i would to teach some lessons to the people how to shoot.
There is so many human, who buy the first rifle, wtf to do with it, but they do still allowed to carry it.
Basic what do do, safe teach, andhow to shoot, i think it would not be bad for any one for the first gun owner.
This video is from a last Saturday, nearly, just nearly to brake the 1000 yard, but we are there in the next weekends ;)

Reactions: HemiPowrd
One day on a week with some time with his old man aint bad, when the old man in paying hi´s food after the trip etc.
I wish he would be more keen to this, but hi is on a teenage, as boy, that one hole seems to be more interesting than nothing else :D
But i am glad to see, that hi has take the lesson i have teach him to do.
Thinking on my mind, and heard quite many friend to say to me, that why i would to teach some lessons to the people how to shoot.
There is so many human, who buy the first rifle, wtf to do with it, but they do still allowed to carry it.
Basic what do do, safe teach, andhow to shoot, i think it would not be bad for any one for the first gun owner.
This video is from a last Saturday, nearly, just nearly to brake the 1000 yard, but we are there in the next weekends ;)

Wonderful. I shot competitive skeet for many, many years and we would see young people with their dad or grandfather until they got an interest in girls. Lol. Then we’d see them back again once they had kids. Haha

I think you would be a very good shooting instructor. You seem to be very calm and patient.

Best of luck to you and yours, my friend.

Cheers

Reactions: viking78
Anyone have a video of step by step on how to set the elev and windage knobs after u zeroed your scope 5x27x56.manuel is not helping i did it once i had to rezero and messed up. Thanks in advance.

Anyone have a video of step by step on how to set the elev and windage knobs after u zeroed your scope 5x27x56.manuel is not helping i did it once i had to rezero and messed up. Thanks in advance.

Did you have a problem with elevation, windage or both? Has your question been answered?

It's difficult to get an accurate picture of FDE with a phone, but this ZC527 10MIL NLE FDE MPCT1 came in last night :)

View attachment 8196774
The bigger problem is which fde?

• Haha
Reactions: CSTactical

From Zero Compromise Optics:​

Setting Your Diopter

Setting Your Diopter.jpg

We’re often asked about setting the diopter on ZCO rifle scopes. There are a lot of techniques that people use to accomplish this, and we’ve tested numerous popular techniques to find the overall best method for optical performance throughout the entire magnification range.

Over the past few years, we have encountered many shooters not taking the necessary time to properly set their diopter to their eye. Generally, shooters adjust it once at the highest magnification until the reticle appears clear, then leave it set there. They then experience odd optical properties, or the sight image just isn’t optimized, due to an improperly adjusted diopter. Younger eyes are often better at rapidly adjusting to focus a reticle image when improperly set, leaving eye muscles having to continually work the entire time the shooter’s looking through the scope, resulting in increasing eye fatigue. By taking time to properly adjust the diopter, a much better optical performance of the scope will be realized, with the shooter experiencing much less eye fatigue over the duration of a day of shooting.

The biggest difference with our recommended method for adjusting your diopter is to do this on a reduced magnification setting. We suggest using around 8X magnification instead of the more commonly suggested maximum magnification for your scope. Employing a smaller but still very visible reticle prevents your eye from over-compensating and adjusting to focus on smaller details, leading to a more precise diopter setting.

Our method also differs from a common method of going directly to the first “focused” setting once, then wiggling the diopter back and forth in tiny increments. Again, your eye muscles will usually compensate for small errors in the proper setting for an individual’s eye. Our method requires you to go past the focused setting in one direction or the other, then back the other direction again until just past the focused point again. You then simply turn the diopter back immediately to the focus point for the reticle. This helps build the eye, brain, and hand memory for where the true focus point is for the reticle.

Setting Your Diopter (2).jpg

Therefore, please follow the recommended steps for adjusting the diopter on your ZCO riflescope for your specific scope and eye. This will give you the best optical performance of your scope and make use of the scope much more pleasing throughout the entirety of a day of shooting.

1. Set your scope to 8X power on the magnification ring. This will make your eye work to see the reticle, but you should still be able to clearly make out the fine graduations on the reticle.

2. Set the parallax to infinity.

3. Loosen the lock ring on the diopter adjustment, turning it counterclockwise 2-3 turns.

4. Looking through the scope at an all-white background, with a moderately fast speed, turn the diopter adjustment until the reticle goes out of focus. The speed of turning should be fast enough that your eye isn’t able to compensate to focus the reticle.

5. Next, turn the diopter back the other way at a moderately fast pace, again past the focus point one more time. Your eye/hand/brain will have a very good idea at which point the diopter needs to be for an in-focus setting.

6. Now, at a moderately fast pace, turn the diopter back toward the in-focus point until the reticle becomes clear and sharp.

7. You should now be able to look away from the reticle for a few moments and when you glance through the scope again, the reticle should be perfectly focused. Lock the diopter by turning the lock ring clockwise.

8. Your diopter will now provide a perfectly focused reticle throughout the entire magnification range giving you the best optical performance.