• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Official Zero Compromise Optic News & Updates

Many ZCO options are in stock right now, including some FDE, FDE 10 MIL, 10MIL NLE and 15MIL locking and NLE :cool:
Give us a call at 916-670-1103 so we can build you a nice ZCO package

Here's a FDE ZC527 for @Islas82
ZC527 FDE AIslas.jpeg

Hi,

does by any chance someone have a picture of a Haenel RS8/RS9/G29 with a ZCO in factory FDE? I'm getting my Haenel in a few weeks, but I'm not sure if black or FDE suits it better. There's a set of pictures from an old auction floating around the web, but all the colors look a bit off there :-(

Thank you :)

Yeah, I also found your videos and pictures (that's how I found this forum and thread), but it's not 100% the same color as factory FDE which looks lighter. But I saved your pics with the black ZCO for direct comparison, thanks :) . Your Cerakote job is the perfect match for the Haenel and (my opinion) looks better than the factory FDE.

Reactions: viking78
Any real world feedback on the 10 mil turrets? Are the clicks easy to turn or is there more resistance compared to the old turrets?

The one I have there is more resistance and more positive clicks. I originally bought for my Vudoo, but it's sitting on my 6 Dasher. Rimfire PRS has way more dialing and the easier 15Mil turrets suit that style much better. The 10Mil sure is easier to read though.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I sent in my 527 3x in for an NLE upgrade, and checkup, and had it back less than a week later. All I can say is the service is excellent, and exceeded my expectations.

If anyone follows ZCO on instagram, their latest post says that they’re “working to further your options”. I currently have one ZCO527 and I’m in the market for another one but that post makes me wonder can it get any better? I’m not any kind of professional or even an avid competitor, just a below average shooter that likes nice equipment. If there is something new, what do y’all think it could be?

Reactions: Bakwa
If anyone follows ZCO on instagram, their latest post says that they’re “working to further your options”. I currently have one ZCO527 and I’m in the market for another one but that post makes me wonder can it get any better? I’m not any kind of professional or even an avid competitor, just a below average shooter that likes nice equipment. If there is something new, what do y’all think it could be?

There's always other options that they are working on, they have scopes that are in the European market that are not coming over to North America.
Don't look as replacements to their current line, but other gaps to fill in.

Reactions: Bakwa
There's always other options that they are working on, they have scopes that are in the European market that are not coming over to North America.
Don't look as replacements to their current line, but other gaps to fill in.
Ok, That makes sense then. Thanks for the clarification.

Reactions: CSTactical
Well done! time that you have been waiting for zco 8-40?
I've had it for several months.. I didn't wait at all, Got the rifle and scope from Special Purpose Rifles in the spring all at the same time new... I'm not real happy with it, its not holding zero at all... Ive spoke to several folks that are having issues with them, sooo not sure how much longer it will be on the rifle... I need to see what the warranty process is like..

Last edited:
I've had it for several months.. I didn't wait at all, Got the rifle and scope from Special Purpose Rifles in the spring all at the same time new... I'm not real happy with it, its not holding zero at all... Ive spoke to several folks that are having issues with them, sooo not sure how much longer it will be on the rifle... I need to see what the warranty process is like..
Won’t hold zero or won’t return to zero accurately?

And I’m sorry that’s happening to you but I have great confidence they’ll fix it pronto for you.

I had an 840 3x, and never had a single issue with it. Odd.
It will lose zero as it’s being utilized.. after a few rounds through the rifle the zero is no longer accurate.. the rounds of a .416 are 10.00 a round, I have 1000 in ammo trying to keep this thing in zero.. Frustrating to say the least..

It will lose zero as it’s being utilized.. after a few rounds through the rifle the zero is no longer accurate.. the rounds of a .416 are 10.00 a round, I have 1000 in ammo trying to keep this thing in zero.. Frustrating to say the least..

While I can appreciate your frustration, every optic us susceptible to breaking. Nightforce, Vortex, Tangent, Leupold, Steiner, Burris... I have literally seen them all break at one point or another. Sure, it sucks after spending a LOT of money, but turning around and writing off a product as a "waste of $$$" after one incident is gonna end up leaving you with few to no options eventually. Maybe try reaching out to the company before you dismiss what is arguably one of the better optics on the market.

While I can appreciate your frustration, every optic us susceptible to breaking. Nightforce, Vortex, Tangent, Leupold, Steiner, Burris... I have literally seen them all break at one point or another. Sure, it sucks after spending a LOT of money, but turning around and writing off a product as a "waste of $$$" after one incident is gonna end up leaving you with few to no options eventually. Maybe try reaching out to the company before you dismiss what is arguably one of the better optics on the market.
I never know how to respond to people that want to tell you the "proper" way to react to a situation they know very little about. First, what do you care? You own stock in the company or something? Second, you have no idea the totality of the situation. Do you think $1000.00 of ammo wasted is for this one incident? Third, do think a $4000.00 + optic sitting on a $8000.00 rifle is my first and only setup?

With all do respect, i'll feel the way I want to feel about this, with or without your useless, uninformed input..

A7CB6EF5-F7DC-4429-BF8E-A0BD5546ED70.jpeg

IMG_3530.jpeg

DT 50 BMG with Vortex Razor gen 3 that also had issues, the optic was fixed and sits on that gun still today... there is just under $30,000.00 in rifles, optics, cans and bipods hanging on my wall with just those two rifles setups, I probably have double that amount on AR setups... not my first rodeo... sheesh

Last edited:
Reactions: viking78
Man, you posted a complaint on a public forum - what did you think was going to happen?

All I'm seeing here is you trying to validate yourself about how much money you spent on the ol' armory. Even if it's your second rodeo, you should have enough sense to figure out that something is wrong with the equipment and get it remedied before sending one-hundred $10 bills down range and then complaining about it. Typically, most vendors on here are pretty responsive, especially @gebhardt02, and probably could have saved you some money in ammo in the long run.

Just because you bought a Ferrari, it doesn't make you Michael Schumacher.

I never know how to respond to people that want to tell you the "proper" way to react to a situation they know very little about. First, what do you care? You own stock in the company or something? Second, you have no idea the totality of the situation. Do you think $1000.00 of ammo wasted is for this one incident? Third, do think a $4000.00 + optic sitting on a $8000.00 rifle is my first and only setup?

With all do respect, i'll feel the way I want to feel about this, with or without your useless, uninformed input..

View attachment 8244162
View attachment 8244167

DT 50 BMG with Vortex Razor gen 3 that also had issues, the optic was fixed and sits on that gun still today... there is just under $30,000.00 in rifles, optics, cans and bipods hanging on my wall with just those two rifles setups, I probably have double that amount on AR setups... not my first rodeo... sheesh
Since you have so many rodeos under your belt, do you understand why I asked if it lost zero when shooting (with recoil) vs doing a tall target test to see if the scope properly returns to zero after dialing up (without recoil).

Can you see how this would help isolate/prove the fault to the scope vs all sorts of other things on the rifle. And also help ZCO by better defining the nature of the issue and facilitating your ability to confirm that the proper issue was fixed when it’s returned.

I think I’m out of here. Best of luck

Since you have so many rodeos under your belt, do you understand why I asked if it lost zero when shooting (with recoil) vs doing a tall target test to see if the scope properly returns to zero after dialing up (without recoil).

Can you see how this would help isolate/prove the fault to the scope vs all sorts of other things on the rifle. And also help ZCO by better defining the nature of the issue and facilitating your ability to confirm that the proper issue was fixed when it’s returned.

I think I’m out of here. Best of luck
I answered your question with an respectful answer... What are you butthurt about??

Last edited:
Man, you posted a complaint on a public forum - what did you think was going to happen?

All I'm seeing here is you trying to validate yourself about how much money you spent on the ol' armory. Even if it's your second rodeo, you should have enough sense to figure out that something is wrong with the equipment and get it remedied before sending one-hundred $10 bills down range and then complaining about it. Typically, most vendors on here are pretty responsive, especially @gebhardt02, and probably could have saved you some money in ammo in the long run.

Just because you bought a Ferrari, it doesn't make you Michael Schumacher.
Several folks have offered creative input.. His comments were critical and without any informational merritt.. Everyone who asked a legit question got a friendly sincere response.. When you say dumbshit your going to get dumb shit back..

and 1000 bucks in ammo is 98 rounds, when you zero the rifle and use a handful of ammo, then you put the rifle away and use it again and see that its not hitting, set up a 100 yard zero and re-zero you've used a few more rounds, then the third time this happens you have used 1000 bucks in ammo.. its not a 6.5 CM, the bullets are pricey and it doesn't take long to get in to some money.. I'm sure you can appreciate that your lack of understand doesn't make your opinion on the matter meaningful or helpful either..

My comments of displeasure were honestly pretty mild.. In my shooting group of friends there are 2 NF, (1) Razor gen 3 and a Leupold and I can assure that not one of my buddies are chomping at the bit to sell there optic for a ZCO... In fact the Leupold blows all of them way when you look through it... If the few of you that are on me for having an opinion are that upset, then you have allot of work to do on this site quashing negativity around this product. The PM's i've received about this are overwhelming in support of my assessment.. One guy even warned that I was about to get roasted by the fanboys... lol

I have been PMing the rep. when its repaired you all are welcome to buy if you want..

Last edited:
Yeah, I honestly don't care. The whole approach to this thing is kinda dumb.

At the end of the day, it's your money to do with it as you see fit. Even if it is a stack of greenbacks to verify a zero shift. But, what do I know... 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Ordnance Locker
Several folks have offered creative input.. His comments were critical and without any informational merritt.. Everyone who asked a legit question got a friendly sincere response.. When you say dumbshit your going to get dumb shit back..

and 1000 bucks in ammo is 98 rounds, when you zero the rifle and use a handful of ammo, then you put the rifle away and use it again and see that its not hitting, set up a 100 yard zero and re-zero you've used a few more rounds, then the third time this happens you have used 1000 bucks in ammo.. its not a 6.5 CM, the bullets are pricey and it doesn't take long to get in to some money.. I'm sure you can appreciate that your lack of understand doesn't make your opinion on the matter meaningful or helpful either..

My comments of displeasure were honestly pretty mild.. In my shooting group of friends there are 2 NF, (1) Razor gen 3 and a Leupold and I can assure that not one of my buddies are chomping at the bit to sell there optic for a ZCO... In fact the Leupold blows all of them way when you look through it... If the few of you that are on me for having an opinion are that upset, then you have allot of work to do on this site quashing negativity around this product. The PM's i've received about this are overwhelming in support of my assessment.. One guy even warned that I was about to get roasted by the fanboys... lol

I have been PMing the rep. when its repaired you all are welcome to buy if you want..

No one has really roasted you. You're doing a fine job of making yourself look ridiculous right now throwing out how much money you've got into firearms and shooting every 5 seconds. You're likely to find that here is not the best place for doing that, or anywhere else in life. No one told you that your opinion was invalid, or that you couldn't have one, but if you're going to give it then expect a response when you give a negative opinion about a product that frankly by your own comments I'll still digress you rushed to judgement.

No one has really roasted you. You're doing a fine job of making yourself look ridiculous right now throwing out how much money you've got into firearms and shooting every 5 seconds. You're likely to find that here is not the best place for doing that, or anywhere else in life. No one told you that your opinion was invalid, or that you couldn't have one, but if you're going to give it then expect a response when you give a negative opinion about a product that frankly by your own comments I'll still digress you rushed to judgement.
See, this is the thing.. no rush to judgement.. as previously stated, you don't know the whole story, so you continue to comment on matters you know little about.. What would you have me say.. So you seriously think one thing went wrong and i'm ready to dismiss the optic as trash??? If you'd like me to recount the entirety of my life with this optic here in public i certainly can.. Not sure the rep who has been awesome would appreciate that.. My money, my feeling on the situation are valid to me.. You are the preverbal forum troll that thinks he knows everything about something you're commenting on. You know nothing other than the snibit i shared..

You didn't ask a question? you didn't offer a solution, you didn't make a constructive comment you said --

"While I can appreciate your frustration, every optic us susceptible to breaking. Nightforce, Vortex, Tangent, Leupold, Steiner, Burris... I have literally seen them all break at one point or another. Sure, it sucks after spending a LOT of money, but turning around and writing off a product as a "waste of $$$" after one incident is gonna end up leaving you with few to no options eventually. Maybe try reaching out to the company before you dismiss what is arguably one of the better optics on the market."

There's not one ounce of value in that statement.. Which seems to be the norm from my brief interaction with you...

others want to say i look bad because i'm trying to validate my opinion by saying how much i've invested into my rigs, if i had a remington someone would surely say something about that, if i had a "name your setup" someone would say something about that, if i said i was an elite LAPD police sniper that would draw someone to negatively comment, no matter what you say someone will criticize you on a form, so bring it!! If i said i was the best sniper in the world, someone would say something about that... Dealing with trolls is part of forum life, but thats ok, i have all day to troll you back...

Seriously tho, i post pics of this gun oh here all the time.. I love that thing, and despite the haters, i've worked hard for the things I own and quality of those things... I want it to be as awesome as i envisioned it being when i bought all that stuff.. When I ordered that gun from Special Purpose rifles and he asked me, "what optic are you putting on it" I said i guess a NF since ZCO's are so hard to get. He said I have one here ill sell you!! I was beside myself with excitment that i literally lucked into a ZCO 840... It hasn't been the fun ride i had hoped for.. i'll leave it at that.. I won't apologize for having nice things, and the amount of $$ i've spent on those things.. I also won't apologize for holding premium brands accountable for poor performance.. when you spend 14,000.00 on a gun setup and the boys with hunting rifles are pinging steal and you cant hit anything is pisses you off... My DT 50 BMG with a Razor on it rocks the steal like nobody's business.. I expected better performance from a so called premium brand...

buying a 4k scope, mounting it, zeroing it, wrapping it, utilizing it, only to find it falls short of expectations is bullshit... Now, remove it, unwrap it, package it, send it off then wait for rinse and repeat.. I could care less how you feel about my verbalizing my displeasure..

Last edited:
See, this is the thing.. no rush to judgement.. as previously stated, you don't know the whole story, so you continue to comment on matters you know little about.. What would you have me say.. So you seriously think one thing went wrong and i'm ready to dismiss the optic as trash??? If you'd like me to recount the entirety of my life with this optic here in public i certainly can.. Not sure the rep who has been awesome would appreciate that.. My money, my feeling on the situation are valid to me.. You are the preverbal forum troll that thinks he knows everything about something you're commenting on. You know nothing other than the snibit i shared..

You didn't ask a question? you didn't offer a solution, you didn't make a constructive comment you said --

"While I can appreciate your frustration, every optic us susceptible to breaking. Nightforce, Vortex, Tangent, Leupold, Steiner, Burris... I have literally seen them all break at one point or another. Sure, it sucks after spending a LOT of money, but turning around and writing off a product as a "waste of $$$" after one incident is gonna end up leaving you with few to no options eventually. Maybe try reaching out to the company before you dismiss what is arguably one of the better optics on the market."

There's not one ounce of value in that statement.. Which seems to be the norm from my brief interaction with you...

others want to say i look bad because i'm trying to validate my opinion by saying how much i've invested into my rigs, if i had a remington someone would surely say something about that, if i had a "name your setup" someone would say something about that, if i said i was an elite LAPD police sniper that would draw someone to negatively comment, no matter what you say someone will criticize you on a form, so bring it!! If i said i was the best sniper in the world, someone would say something about that... Dealing with trolls is part of forum life, but thats ok, i have all day to troll you back...

Standing by for you next reply..

And yet the only one name calling, going into any kind of diatribe about money as some sort of validation... isn't me. You're not receiving criticism for posting a negative comment about a product, but simply choosing to see it that way. I did in fact suggest reaching out to the company first, which would be the same suggestion whether it was ZCO, Vortex, NF, Leupold, or any other company. I didn't need to ask any questions, because you had already determined it wasn't holding a zero and needed warranty work, and had I begun to ask had you checked any number of other items that could have adversely affected your zero, I can only imagine how defensive you would have gotten given it's "not [your] first rodeo." I guess we should all apologize for not immediately agreeing with you on your assertions, lol... Dude, have a better day, and I'm glad you're other optic is working out better for you now. Please enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baron23
And yet the only one name calling, going into any kind of diatribe about money as some sort of validation... isn't me. You're not receiving criticism for posting a negative comment about a product, but simply choosing to see it that way. I did in fact suggest reaching out to the company first, which would be the same suggestion whether it was ZCO, Vortex, NF, Leupold, or any other company. I didn't need to ask any questoins, becuase you had already determined it wasn't holding a zero and needed warranty work, and had I begun to ask had you checked any number of other items that could have adversely affected your zero, I can only imagine how defensive you would have gotten given it's "not [your] first rodeo." I guess we should all apologize for not immediately agreeing with you on your assertions, lol... Dude, have a better day, and I'm glad you're other optic is working out better for you now. Please enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Ss you can see by the thread, others asked questions and got polite answers.

To others who read this, never say "its not your first rodeo" the rodeo clowns will surely live and die on that statement for the duration of their debate with you...

Reactions: secondofangle2
Seriously tho, i post pics of this gun oh here all the time.. I love that thing, and despite the haters, i've worked hard for the things I own and quality of those things... I want it to be as awesome as i envisioned it being when i bought all that stuff.. When I ordered that gun from Special Purpose rifles and he asked me, "what optic are you putting on it" I said i guess a NF since ZCO's are so hard to get. He said I have one here ill sell you!! I was beside myself with excitment that i literally lucked into a ZCO 840... It hasn't been the fun ride i had hoped for.. i'll leave it at that.. I won't apologize for having nice things, and the amount of $$ i've spent on those things.. I also won't apologize for holding premium brands accountable for poor performance.. when you spend 14,000.00 on a gun setup and the boys with hunting rifles are pinging steal and you cant hit anything is pisses you off... My DT 50 BMG with a Razor on it rocks the steal like nobody's business.. I expected better performance from a so called premium brand...

buying a 4k scope, mounting it, zeroing it, wrapping it, utilizing it, only to find it falls short of expectations is bullshit... Now, remove it, unwrap it, package it, send it off then wait for rinse and repeat.. I could care less how you feel about my verbalizing my displeasure..

Since you decided to edit and add after the fact... No one has hated on you (despite your continued character attacks). No one has told you that you can't be frustrated or pissed off. And, no one said anything about you apologizing for "having nice things, and the amount of $$," or that you can't hold companies accountable for poor performance. You dismissed the optics as being a waste of $$$, and I disagreed and suggested contacting ZCO first before writing them off. You then threw out how much money you have in rifles and optics, followed up by your rodeo comment, and you got exactly what that comment would warrant in response whether here or elsewhere, if not rather polite given most would likely make negative character remarks back. As for your latter, I have worked through the warranty process on plenty of things, some of which took over a year of back and forth due to wait times. If you merely want agreement for the sake of validating your own experience, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this really isn't going to be the best place for that.

Since you decided to edit and add after the fact... No one has hated on you (despite your continued character attacks). No one has told you that you can't be frustrated or pissed off. And, no one said anything about you apologizing for "having nice things, and the amount of $$," or that you can't hold companies accountable for poor performance. You dismissed the optics as being a waste of $$$, and I disagreed and suggested contacting ZCO first before writing them off. You then threw out how much money you have in rifles and optics, followed up by your rodeo comment, and you got exactly what that comment would warrant in response whether here or elsewhere, if not rather polite given most would likely make negative character remarks back. As for your latter, I have worked through the warranty process on plenty of things, some of which took over a year of back and forth due to wait times. If you merely want agreement for the sake of validating your own experience, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this really isn't going to be the best place for that.
i dint want anything.. I made a comment.. you decided to chime in with your fatherly advice like i've never had a warranty issue.. My optic is subpar, in many ways.. ZCO can buy it back from me if they they wish, i don't care to ever see the thing again.. You can make all the pointless justifications you want for you lack of complete knowledge of the situation, and the fact I'm not you.. So you spend you next post telling me and everyone else how you would act and ill do that from now on, because your way of reacting to a situation you know very little about is surely the right way.. Thank for the advice on how to properly react.. Dude you are seriously wack!!!

I didn't ask for agreement, i didn't ask for anything other that what is the warranty process like.. You choose to chime in with useless nonsense on, (once again) something you know nothing about.. Luckily in my line of work, "its not my first rodeo" dealing with folks like you... lookie there, another rodeo comment for your attention... someone said because i bought a ferrari doesnt mean im not Micael Schumacher, if it were a ferrari we wouldn't be having this conversation.. I make a statement about a poor performing product and now i'm not Michael Schumacher, or because I have no use for your useless "fatherly" advice on how to behave according to "Oranance Locker"I get the pleasure of dealing with all day... pfft

Easy there, fella. Maybe a better use of a free Sunday is spending it at the range trying to figure out what's going on with that scope or see if it's the mount or rings or whatever instead of arguing with strangers on the internet.

For the record, I sold my ZCO a long time ago.

So I spoke to the rep.. They have made a couple of resolution offers that are highly acceptable.. Further conversation tomorrow, ill keep those that are watching up to date.. As of right now things are moving in a positive direction...

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain it's operator error. But keep railing on about ZCO and their lack of customer service. Or did they reach out to you and that's why you edited your inflammatory post?

We have been in contact with this customer since Saturday or Sunday. I had promised to get him a Service Authorization Form by Tuesday but I got busy after a long weekend and forgot to get it emailed over to him. All seems to be good now, we have a couple options we are working through with him to get the scope back and checked out or a new optic all together. We are in good communications, all is being handled. Hopefully we'll have this issue resolved very soon.

Isn't this the one that on the other thread we were calling

Compromised Zero Optics
Cant Hold Zero Optics
Changing Zero Optics
Chasing Zero Optics

Hahaha, I think that's some funny shit, and only just now did I edit after I realized that there are some disputes above here.

Which makes me feel obliged to weigh in: Zero compromise to me means zero. Not just a little bit, but, like.....zero.

So I'm not surprised when there is one little more than zero compromise with a guy's ($4000) scope, he's not happy.

That's why Can't Hold Zero Optics is funny, LOL!

No offense to 416 intended, but I just hope it's the scope confirmed defective, and they don't mount it on a 50 and shoot it all day long for a week and the zero is the same over and over...because if that's the case, there's going to be a crow roasted and somebody's going to have to eat it.

:)

Last edited:
Isn't this the one that on the other thread we were calling

Compromised Zero Optics
Cant Hold Zero Optics
Changing Zero Optics
Chasing Zero Optics

Hahaha, I think that's some funny shit, and only just now did I edit after I realized that there are some disputes above here.

Which makes me feel obliged to weigh in: Zero compromise to me means zero. Not just a little bit, but, like.....zero.

So I'm not surprised when there is one little more than zero compromise with a guy's ($4000) scope, he's not happy.

That's why Can't Hold Zero Optics is funny, LOL!

No offense to 416 intended, but I just hope it's the scope confirmed defective, and they don't mount it on a 50 and shoot it all day long for a week and the zero is the same over and over...because if that's the case, there's going to be a crow roasted and somebody's going to have to eat it.

:)
From what I understand the company is resolving the issue directly with the person having issues.

Nothing wrong with that. Why be a dick about it?

Did you own one and have problems too, and not get them resolved or you had friend of a friends who knew a guy who had a problem?