• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Ohio Shoot??

Re: Ohio Shoot??

Best thing you could do is pick a date and roll with it. Just keep holidays and other scheduled events in mind such as the Rayner's schedule and Thunder Valley events. You won't be able to please everyone, but with a couple months notice most people will be able to attend if they really want to.

I am sure its also worth the drive from Southern Ohio as well .

I'm pretty green with everything to do with long-range shooting but I'd love to go to meet others in the area with the same interest & learn as much as I can. I'd even bring my 700 7mm if I have my replacement scope in time, just to shoot some rounds with everyone.

Anybody here from the cleveland area. i am a transplant here on the west side (Avon) and have no where to shoot. joined one club here but it sucks

I am trying to look at both Rayners and TVP's schedule, and trying to pick a month where I think the weather might be nice so maybe more people will show up.

The last time we did this we had a lot say they were going to go but when they found out it was going to be rainy only 10 or so of us showed up.

Would the end of March or End of April sound Ok?

I would say end of April or early May would be better. I think you'd be better off early in the month as Rayner's has pistol and rifle matches on the 3rd and 4th weekends of each month.

I was thinking maybe April 28 or 29? There is no matches scheduled for Rayners or TVP.

They missed a fun day last year, ended up being a pretty decent day.

Don't let never having shot that far deter ya. We all have to start somewhere and you'll surprise yourself how well you'll be doing at the end of the day.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking maybe April 28 or 29? There is no matches scheduled for Rayners or TVP.</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Or would May 5th be better</div></div>
It's your deal ...... pick one and go with it. I don't see a problem with either weekend.

Lets pick a nice warm day with no wind, some pretty spring flowers blooming and a few birds chirping to add to the Rayner Experience..

Either if fine with us...

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lets pick a nice warm day with no wind, some pretty spring flowers blooming and a few birds chirping to add to the Rayner Experience..

Either if fine with us...

Topstrap </div></div>

That sounds great, Now only If I could Predict the weather I'd be all set.

Lets go with May 5th., unless something happens between now and then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am trying to look at both Rayners and TVP's schedule, and trying to pick a month where I think the weather might be nice so maybe more people will show up.

The last time we did this we had a lot say they were going to go but when they found out it was going to be rainy only 10 or so of us showed up. </div></div>

Unless a tornado picks my car off the road and takes my ass out, I'll be at what ever day you pick. lol The only day I'm trying to work around is my son's graduation but I don't see that being an issue.

If you guys don't mind putting up with a newb I'd be very interested. I actually have a couple of jobs going in their neck-o-the-woods right now.

please keep me in the loop for invitations; i'd love to come if work allows

Sure gonna be a lot of "tag" to keep this going strong till May 5th. Sounds like we might have a good turnout and first timers. Will be fun though.

Topstrap

I will be interested if I am not planting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tsavo303</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anybody here from the cleveland area. i am a transplant here on the west side (Avon) and have no where to shoot. joined one club here but it sucks</div></div>

The Alliance Rifle Club has a 1,000 yard range near Canton, Ohio. We have highpower, midrange, longrange and Palma matches.

PM or email if you would like more information.

Well I am about 8000 miles away but if you did it sometime in April-May I would most likely be in.

We are planning on May 5th for all interested. I already put in my vacation in all.

Will have to see how my schedule shakes out. May 5th penciled in.

For those that haven't been there, the Rayner's also have food and drinks available at the concession/registration/shop area during the matches. I'd bet if Whit(being the organizer of this) were to ask nicely, Mrs. Tom would have some sandwiches and such there for lunch on the 5th.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mscott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For those that haven't been there, the Rayner's also have food and drinks available at the concession/registration/shop area during the matches. I'd bet if Whit(being the organizer of this) were to ask nicely, Mrs. Tom would have some sandwiches and such there for lunch on the 5th. </div></div>

I asked the nicest way I could.

Don't forget us Kentucky boys. We also love to shoot a little. Count in me plus 3.

I have always wanted to shoot at Rayners and TVP. This might be the year.

Please keep me posted......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't forget us Kentucky boys. We also love to shoot a little. Count in me plus 3.

I have always wanted to shoot at Rayners and TVP. This might be the year.

Please keep me posted...... </div></div>

You are more then welcome to join us. I will try to keep you all updated.

This could turn into a pretty good get together. Good thing there are 3 stations with 2 benches at each station on both the top and bottom sections of the course. I'll bring along my tripod bench in case it's needed.

Topstrap

Good, I want it to be as good of a day as it was last time.

I was thinking of heading out to Rayner's to checkout their shoot on Feb 25th. Anybody know if they allow observers, or would I have to participate?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WildHareMS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking of heading out to Rayner's to checkout their shoot on Feb 25th. Anybody know if they allow observers, or would I have to participate? </div></div>

I'm sure they wouldn't mind you watching. If you have the gear and dope for your gun you should jump in and give it a go. There will be people there that can help ya. Hope to see you out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WildHareMS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking of heading out to Rayner's to checkout their shoot on Feb 25th. Anybody know if they allow observers, or would I have to participate? </div></div>
People show up to watch all the time, but you really should bring a rifle and join in on the fun.

Considering I'm getting a promotion and hopefully considerably more money, I might have my rifle or it may be in the shop getting some work done to it.

The other thing is, I would be shooting factory ammo, still haven't found any factory ammo at 175-180gr for 7mm Rem Mag that really looks like a good consistent round Also have no real experience shooting anything farther than about 75ft. lol I was more or less looking to use that event as a way of seeing how things are run & maybe get to know the Rayner's a bit.

I'll definitely have my 700 for the May shoot and be active there, but you're looking at one hell of a noob at the moment.
wink.gif

Like Mike said, people come to watch all the time. Bring along a spotting scope if you have one or ask to watch thru one of the extras usually set up at one of the stations. Great fun just to watch the bullet coming in and seeing the hits/misses.

You don't need anything fancy to shoot this. Even a lil 223 or 22-250, 243 is fine to start with and get your feet wet.

Topstrap

I hope my rifle is back too. My .308 is at APA getting a new barrel put on. I just sent it in about 1 1/2 wks ago. If not I might bring my 338 Lapua, 300 Win Mag or my 223.

Do you guys have room for a total newbie? I have been here reading and trying to learn, but as you know only range time will really make a difference. If I can get to the rang and get some dope on my rifle I plan on being there..

Not sure if the new guys have seen it but here is a short video showing each of the targets we shoot at a match at Rayners. It shows what the shooter will see from the bench then zooms out to show a closeup of the target and the hits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwE70ihOYIk&context=C34d0ef5ADOEgsToPDskKJwSgS9dsXkZkYziY1owPz

It'll give you an idea of what to expect that day and get the excitement level up waiting for May 5th. Still love hearing that distant "ding" with a hit. Since it isn't a match it'll be easy to spend as much time at each distance you need to get settings or just bang the plates.

Tom also has an area out to 200 yards with plenty of benches if you can't get your guns sighted in or don't have a zero yet. It's separate from the steel plate area so you can take your time to get a zero and not feel rushed then come on out to the longer distances.

Looking forward to it and meeting others.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 39-Ret</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you guys have room for a total newbie? I have been here reading and trying to learn, but as you know only range time will really make a difference. If I can get to the rang and get some dope on my rifle I plan on being there.. </div></div>

I consider myself a "Newbie". When I can hit the target at any range every time I will consider myself more advanced. There is always room for learning.

There isn't anything like hearing the "DING", I love it. It is very exciting.

I don't know about anyone else, but I want this day to be a day of learning and getting to know other shooters. I want it to be fun and enjoyable.

Hopefully I can get the day off, I put in for the day off today. Now just have to get scope sighted in and some time at the range.

Would like to meet some like minded people and gain some knowledge.